Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

samudragupta

Youngling
oh my god switched on my handset this morning and the dialler on the first screen was not responding, neither was the green dialler as well the contacts...checked the menu and messaging wasnt opening either....did cold reboot nothing happened still the same problem....couldnt do a hard reset since dialler on the main screen wasnt working....reset the phone to factory settings and still no luck....hadnt used my handset even for 1 day....went to the nokia dealer i got it from this morning and they checked and memory card was corrupted....they got it replaced for a new one.....woooaaaa !!!! now thats a bad experience i had with a nokia handset 1st time in 10 years.... i had only installed the Ashton Martin theme and opera mini on the mmc, was wondering whether these were causing problems....another major problem, i pluged the 5800 charger into my n73 and n70 and their batteries died out completely, had to get them replaced....I ADVICE USERS NOT TO USE THE 5800 CHARGER INTO ANOTHER HANDSET....maybe a bit high voltage....so far bad day for me....spent nearly 1000 bucks for travelling and new batteries.....

nikhilpai

Techans
oh my god switched on my handset this morning and the dialler on the first screen was not responding, neither was the green dialler as well the contacts...checked the menu and messaging wasnt opening either....did cold reboot nothing happened still the same problem....couldnt do a hard reset since dialler on the main screen wasnt working....reset the phone to factory settings and still no luck....hadnt used my handset even for 1 day....went to the nokia dealer i got it from this morning and they checked and memory card was corrupted....they got it replaced for a new one.....woooaaaa !!!! now thats a bad experience i had with a nokia handset 1st time in 10 years.... i had only installed the Ashton Martin theme and opera mini on the mmc, was wondering whether these were causing problems....another major problem, i pluged the 5800 charger into my n73 and n70 and their batteries died out completely, had to get them replaced....I ADVICE USERS NOT TO USE THE 5800 CHARGER INTO ANOTHER HANDSET....maybe a bit high voltage....so far bad day for me....spent nearly 1000 bucks for travelling and new batteries.....

Installing third party themes are being reported for causing problems on the 5800 on a few sites on the internet. So I would advise all 5800 users to abstain from installing them at the moment.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
^^^ hav already used a N95 8GB b4 the N82.so the list of prospective fones is not that large.maybe i cud do with the Omnia 8GB.
i do like touchscreens.had a i710 (Win Mo) and did like the touchscreen b4 it f**k'd up.

Any Omnia users here in the forum?

Get n85. U will only miss the super fantastic xenon flash. Camera is more or less same as n82. Maybe a tad lower but u wont notice it much. I have used n82 for 10 months and been using n85 for last two months and loving it . Just be aware of poor build quality issues . Try to get a solid piece.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
i saw today my friend bought this 5800xm ,, camera is crap ,, video Quality is ok

SQ is gr8 , but still dont compare to W810i

LCd screen big advantage & decent operation speed ::: I phone screen is larger in all the way even if its 3.2"

Memory storage is gr8

Good price for this product ////////////

raj_in

In the zone
is ther any promotional offer thats goin on or is d Sennheiser LX90 earphone goin 2 be given free always????????
any heads up

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
So Nokia 5800 Xpress Music is for those who want a phone for good web browsing due to bigger screen, & multimedia needs with the ability to show off a touchscreen device. The camera is good for casual well-lit conditions only.

Well, that defines the usage of 90% of the people out there, so looks like the next best seller.

Did I make a mistake buying a Nokia N79?

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
the Sennheiser earphones just rock.they way better than the ep630 that i was using.

is ther any promotional offer thats goin on or is d Sennheiser LX90 earphone goin 2 be given free always????????
any heads up

yup its a promo offer.
so if u wanna buy it then get it asap.

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
^^^ ya 5800XM is new one and touch screen . but if upgrading from N82 u wont be satisfied fully only u differ in N85 is "music"

Even almost N82 is faster than N85 in operation .

Have u used both n82 and n85 for a long period of time to make that judgement ? n85 is as fast if not faster than n82 is every way. Even under heavy multitasking its very fast. Lack of gpu does not make much of a differance. I am totally satisfied with n85 after upgrading from n82 > n95 8gb > n85. Fantastic phone apart from the build quality issues that many early adopters suffered.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
A touchscreen phone is barely usable when it comes to texting. If you watch videos and all, its fine.But most people, at least in India are more prone to texting than calling. i myself would have gone for this hone but the lack of a physical keypad is a bit repelling. i send more than 800 smses each month. :D

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Not when you are a 6 2 giant and hands the size of a pool :D . I have the money with me, would have bought it but I don't think the touchscreen can take too much of power use.Say, playing cricket or football with the phone in my pocket. And i dont enjoy texting with a touch screen either. Will check out the phone though.

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Not when you are a 6 2 giant and hands the size of a pool :D . I have the money with me, would have bought it but I don't think the touchscreen can take too much of power use.Say, playing cricket or football with the phone in my pocket. And i dont enjoy texting with a touch screen either. Will check out the phone though.
Use a portable BT keyboard mannnn..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^you expect me to carry that around?? :O

Right now am stuck between the 5800 and the C905. The 10k price ifference is the killer, else it would have been C905 anyday. Problems everywhere. :lol:

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
^^you expect me to carry that around?? :O

Right now am stuck between the 5800 and the C905. The 10k price ifference is the killer, else it would have been C905 anyday. Problems everywhere. :lol:
It's only slightly bigger than a wallet. Don't tell me you don't a spare pocket to carry one. :D
My advice: stick with your Bold for now. MWC '09 is just around the corner and both SE and Nokia are expected to release proper flagship phones. Don't you want that rumored 12MP Hikaru phone? :D

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
hikaru is walkman and 8 mp at that.Slated to come with Walkman 4. if i carry on waitig for devices to be announced, i will never end up with a phone watsoevr. :D

12 mp is kokura and thats gonna be announced late june or early july. But if its only a touchscreen, I would rather give it a miss.

Btw, i gave my Bold away. Now with a K750 and a C702. Now what would a 20 yr old do with a bold??Gave it back to my uncle. :lol:

newaz, back on topic. the only touch phone i have had was the Moto Rokr and it sucked at typing. Hows the keyboard when held horizontally?? I mean the non-qwerty one?? Is it typeable?? Coz i find it hard to type with both hands, such a waste.

nikhilpai

Techans
@ dreamcatcher: The full screen QWERTY of the 5800 is fantastic. And if you intend to type with the phone in a vertical position then it even offers u the option of typing in the regular alphanumeric keypad in touch format. This option is excellent for typing in short messages.

Top Bottom