Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

subir12

Broken In
Nokia touch screen 5800 XM is arguably at par with apple handsets what more it cost around 20K significantly cheaper then other touch screen handsets .

One thing i know is that Nokia has started prebook for this on www.nokiaprebook.com

One more thing it support flash so have previlege to access more web content and as far as i know Apple handest's are flashless.

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
v11 firmware is out. Hopefully Nokia will have sorted out the annoyances and minor bugs that plague the current v10.

Btw, here's some awesome info. Been playing music for almost 8 hours and it still has 3 bars remaining. The battery life is awesome on this thing.

Alright, here's the change log for v11.0.08 that was released two days ago:

Homepage is not defined for Vodafone Live!
Last word disappears when selecting receiver in SMS
My Nokia: phone displays “#” in front of Application name.
During Back-Up & Restore operation, calendar entries are not restored
Operator menu link within Welcome application
Invalid message pops up before playing the file received via Bluetooth.
Input Method, VKB just display number when selecting a WLAN access point which contains a password.
Chinese box HWR control buttons and FS HWR control bar are too small.
Unable to add image to Contact bar from Gallery when there is about 5 GB of data in memory card
In Arabic UI, in calendar, the arrows on the top are reversed in week view and day view
UI-rotation is too sensitive
Search: Google search service is missing in Search.
Contact could not display when switch numbers in Singtel 2-in-1 SIM card
Maps: Wrong layout of the strings in the Maps search and favorites views
Could not send new email if user name and password is not pre-defined
Phone drops from service when both A5/3 +GEA3 used simultaneously with WLAN
The Messaging application crashes a lot specially when replying or trying to send SMS you have to remove battery to be able to use the device again
License Manager for Maps is not integrated to SW
5.0 Touch: Phonebook crashing when adding detail: Birthday, Anniversary
Web screen is messed up
Non stop Music Player “Library update”
Clock, Alarm is inactive when phone is power off.
APN Configuration Settings Update to be used for the Setting Wizard
Ex-Factory settings are wrong
UE unable to open Setting Wizard
StartUpSettings version updated.
Phone lost correct time during power off
USSD - “Call Control Send USSD” command
UE drops from 3G, then cannot sync to 3G cells
Browser: Flash objects causes problems while browsing

Last edited:

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
@ gforce23
wht do u mean these probs r still ther or sloved
Mine is running on v10. v11 (change log in my previous post) seems to have solved a lot of issues. However, according to most 5800 forums, a couple of nagging problems seem to have been overlooked in v11. A lot of people including myself, aren't completely satisfied with the phone yet, thanks to annoyances like low incoming voice volume and blink rather than breathe thingy, random shutdowns every few days etc.
The irony about it all is that the latest version of NSU has a proud message saying that the 5800XM is not supported. Nokia have really shot themselves in the foot with the pathetic handling of the support side of things, not that any other manufacturers are any better with this kind of stuff.

raj_in

In the zone
@ gforce again
should i go for it or just buy a ipod touch(mp3 player) bcoz the camera is also not upto par & i already hav a motoflip

Anybody knows the price of the ipod touch(mp3 player)??????

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
@ gforce again
should i go for it or just buy a ipod touch(mp3 player) bcoz the camera is also not upto par & i already hav a motoflip
Well, as I mentioned in the other thread, I'm quite happy with it. Sure, there are a few faults but what phone doesn't have its own share of problems?
You can't really compare it with your Motoflip since the 5800XM walks over it in every way.
I've been saying this all along - the 5800xm and LG Cookie are two of the best phones that money can buy right now. They provide all the functionality of traditional powerhouse phones but add a touchscreen that goes a long way toward simplifying (and enhancing) user interaction. My N95 feels awkward and almost old fashioned now. If you don't want the 5800XM, you're probably looking at a wait of almost 2-3 months after MWC 2009 in Feb. '09 for Nokia to release an N-series full touchscreen flagship. By then, there should be at least 3 other phones from SE and Samsung to choose from.

vigneshnm

Broken In
i went to the nokia priority dealer in heera panna to check out the phone. the touch screen n the display is really nice & as are the speakers. he told me tht the price is 21.8 and that a sennheiser headphone worth 2.5k is free along with it! (he doesnt knw the model as he hasnt recieved it yet but a sennheiser's a sennheiser!)
till now i was put off the high price but if it includes an S headphone.... damn im really tempted now....

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
i went to the nokia priority dealer in heera panna to check out the phone. the touch screen n the display is really nice & as are the speakers. he told me tht the price is 21.8 and that a sennheiser headphone worth 2.5k is free along with it! (he doesnt knw the model as he hasnt recieved it yet but a sennheiser's a sennheiser!)
till now i was put off the high price but if it includes an S headphone.... damn im really tempted now....
That model is the HD-205, IIRC. Nokia's been bundling the 5800XM with Senns in a lot of markets across Asia (HK, PH, SIN etc.).

nikhilpai

Techans
so then hows it ,, music quality ???
fast operation ???
hows the video ???

Have just kept it for charging. Not yet tried all the functions. Will let you know once I have tried it completely.

One good thing is it already has the latest firmware v11 installed :)

Initial Impressions:

Speed of the phone is fast enough. No problem.
Display is awesome.... just fantastic.

The negatives:
It will take some time to understand when to single click & when to double click. Nokia could have made this simpler.
The back part of the phone is a sweat magnet. Used it for just 10 mins and already some signs of sweat marks. Luckily the back part is a replaceable panel.

Will post more later.... Overall I am happy with the phone.

Last edited:

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
The back part of the phone is a sweat magnet. Used it for just 10 mins and already some signs of sweat marks. Luckily the back part is a replaceable panel.
Use the fabric cover that's included in the box.

Let me know if you find any new themes. Most of the themes on the web are just crap.

Top Bottom