Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
@k4ce
Bro are you sure about the TV-out option not available with APAC2 firmwares. Coz I've flashed mine with a APAC2 firmware,but still I'm getting TV-out when the cable is connected:?:
@Pulsar_swift
Any updates on your product code??

Tamoghno

Padawan
I have the same product code and since the update wasnt available , i switched to 0559476 which is APAC1 Red ... It does have the TV Out support .. I verified ... So go for it ... if i am not wrong all the APAC1 , EURO1 etc are for the TV out models etc ... APAC2 etc are for the newer variant and hence updating to that would make you lose ur tv out functionality (unless u change ur product code again and flash it)

EURO1 firmware is compatible with all 5800 (as long its RM 356) , dont matter it's with TV out or not . I can confirm it . i have downloaded EURO1 Red Through Navifirm and installed it via JAF both My 5800 (with TV out) and Bro's 5800(No TV out) . No Change in TV out funtionality .

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Today took my phone to nokia care and told him about my Phone's crashing problem and asked him to flash mine to V40 ( though mine is on V40 already,thinking they might be having APAC1 firmware). He installed v40 on my phone and crashing problem was not solved, so I connected my phone with nemesis and checked product code and was surprised to see that they changed my product code to 0559673, which was stock 0575590 when I gave it to him :p. I think my last resort to fix this problem is to wait patiently for V40 to be available for the old product codes.
Is anyone facing this random crashing problem??

Ofcourse any hack to any device voids warranty, but that doesn't stop us from hacking it right :grin:
Thats some good news. But is v40 available for your product code??NSU says otherwise check this out
*img691.imageshack.us/img691/1841/capturehra.jpg
anyways let me check that out from nokia care here and If available I'll get mine updated

I have changed the product code, upgrade the firmware and changed back the product code..v40 works cool..

sujoyp

Grand Master
I am soo happy with the battery performance of 5800.

it works for
5 hrs of talking
2.5 hrs of music through loudspeaker
4 hrs through headphone
1 hr gaming
5-6 snaps
10 mins video recording
50 odd sms ;-)
and bit of video watching

All that in a single charge...what more we can expect:razz:
its just superb:grin:

I am soo happy with the battery performance of 5800.

it works for
5 hrs of talking
2.5 hrs of music through loudspeaker
4 hrs through headphone
1 hr gaming
5-6 snaps
10 mins video recording
50 odd sms ;-)
and bit of video watching

All that in a single charge...what more we can expect:razz:
its just superb:grin:

wow amazing...i never calculated the battery usage..but nokia 5800 is cool :p

k4ce

Youngling
@ sriharsha_madineni

i thought so cos if you see the dates for these product codes, they are around the time when the newer 5800 started selling .. thats why i stuck to a initial release product code like APAC1 ... It has been working safe and really well for me .. Currently using it with Xploit Machine CFW v3 ... really neat ... :)

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Today took my phone to nokia care and told him about my Phone's crashing problem and asked him to flash mine to V40 ( though mine is on V40 already,thinking they might be having APAC1 firmware). He installed v40 on my phone and crashing problem was not solved, so I connected my phone with nemesis and checked product code and was surprised to see that they changed my product code to 0559673, which was stock 0575590 when I gave it to him :p. I think my last resort to fix this problem is to wait patiently for V40 to be available for the old product codes.
Is anyone facing this random crashing problem??

Are you sure your crashing problem is because of your firmware ? I have changed Product Codes and flashed quite a few times .... didnt encounter any issues .. and i dont think v40 would ever be available for the older product codes ... if you go to nokia care, they'll probably just change ur product code and flash ...

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
@ sriharsha_madineni

i thought so cos if you see the dates for these product codes, they are around the time when the newer 5800 started selling .. thats why i stuck to a initial release product code like APAC1 ... It has been working safe and really well for me .. Currently using it with Xploit Machine CFW v3 ... really neat ... :)

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Are you sure your crashing problem is because of your firmware ? I have changed Product Codes and flashed quite a few times .... didnt encounter any issues .. and i dont think v40 would ever be available for the older product codes ... if you go to nokia care, they'll probably just change ur product code and flash ...

Looks like hello Ox might be the reason for my phone's crash. I didn't realize this since I was restoring from back up everytime and these files are copied back into phone memory and looks like they were the reason for crsahing.
After that formatted phone completely and restored just contacts and setting and now everything seems to be ok :) no crashing since two days :))

Tamoghno

Padawan
if you go to nokia care, they'll probably just change ur product code and flash ...

when v20 came , i went to nokia care to upgrade , i too was surpeised that they changed the product code . same thing happened with friends N81 also where product code were also changed after firmware upgrade .

k4ce

Youngling
when v20 came , i went to nokia care to upgrade , i too was surpeised that they changed the product code . same thing happened with friends N81 also where product code were also changed after firmware upgrade .

thats the only way right ... cos if a Firmware isn't available for your product code on Navifirm, it basically means that the firmware doesn't exist ... btw, are you using any CFW ? Just wanted to know which one is the best ...

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Looks like hello Ox might be the reason for my phone's crash. I didn't realize this since I was restoring from back up everytime and these files are copied back into phone memory and looks like they were the reason for crsahing.
After that formatted phone completely and restored just contacts and setting and now everything seems to be ok :) no crashing since two days :))

oh is it ? great that ur fone aint crashing no more ... :)

Vensanga

Journeyman
Guys am having a problem with my phone...i purchase on December and now i am not able to send any messages but can receive...all the other functions works fine except that i am not able to sent a message...i also got a message stuck on my outbox that cannot be send,move to draft and delete...this appears as i used memory card memory in my message...when i select the Phone memory it disappears....

Plis help guys....

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Guys am having a problem with my phone...i purchase on December and now i am not able to send any messages but can receive...all the other functions works fine except that i am not able to sent a message...i also got a message stuck on my outbox that cannot be send,move to draft and delete...this appears as i used memory card memory in my message...when i select the Phone memory it disappears....

Plis help guys....

Have you checked the service center number??

Vensanga

Journeyman
Today i went to Nokia Centre an got it fixed...but am still having the msg in the outbox that cannot be delete,move or send...i scan my memory card but no viruses..
can i use Nokia PC Suite like other Nokia Phones and from there i may be able to view my msgs that are stored and may also be able to delete them...but am not having the PC Suite...:sad:

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello people,

I need the preloaded wallpapers and pics which came with your Nokia 5800. I had to format my Memory Card to install the new Ovi maps and I really liked those wallpapers. It would be very grateful if one can ZIP those images and upload.

Thanks in advance. :)

Top Bottom