Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
How can we wigdetize home screen,
N97 has widgets n it has similar hardware so cantit be done
If any theme to do that, pl give link if possible

Vensanga

Journeyman
i am getting the Sennheineiser Head Max PMX 60 free with my phone..if i use it in my computer will ther be any defect to the head phone??

aytus

The Boss
yes you can use that without any problums, only your mic wont work, cos thr, is no mic with this. btw guys i also bought this phone :), got sennenhiser headphones too. price: 13500 including tax.

sujoyp

Grand Master
hey such a big news and we r soo late here

Nokia 5800 got new firmware v40 with kinetic scrolling and new home-screen:-D:-D

Tamoghno

Padawan
so far new improvements i found are :

KINETIC SCROLLING
new transition effect in main homescreen<=>new menu
USEFUL HOMESCREEN
rotate phone to change keypad to full screen QWERTY .

sujoyp

Grand Master
hey plzz tell me do i have to do a reset/format after updating...I think the old softwares wont work now coz of certificate issue......soo what to do with them....do I have to restore the data after updating or the update wont harm my data at all

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
sigh, Nokia Software Updater doesn't support Windows 7. :| And the update is not available for me over the air.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hey plzz tell me do i have to do a reset/format after updating...I think the old softwares wont work now coz of certificate issue......soo what to do with them....do I have to restore the data after updating or the update wont harm my data at all

though I took a backup before upgrading, no data was lost and all the apps are working fine.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
i think hes referring to hacked phone which would require to be hacked again after fw upgrade then apps will work as usual

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
ah okay. yes. that is usual. but V40 is not yet hacked. so he may have to hold on to apps from Ovi Store till it is hacked.

udaydw

Right off the assembly line
sigh, Nokia Software Updater doesn't support Windows 7. :| And the update is not available for me over the air.
New Nokia Software Updater V2.4.3 is available which is Win 7 compatible.
Unfortunately for my RM-356, the update is still not available. Have to change my product code to test this new firmware?

sujoyp

Grand Master
hey I updated my 5800 but I was shocked to see that I can not uninstall the softwares which I installed before updating...what to do now....I will wait for v40 hack and then format/reset it..am I right

BTW kinetic scrolling is good...but the homescreen still looks bad...its not at all cool...yuk:oops:

k4ce

Youngling
i just changed my product code from India V1 Red to APAC Red ... Used NSU ... I doubt there would be a FOTA option .. cos it was 148MB from v30 to v40 ... like the KS ... did a hard reset so fone is really fast ... only need to sign apps before installing (sic) .... ty nokia

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

oh ... ppl who are changing the product code for the update .. it would be a wise idea to change ur product code back after the upgrade

Top Bottom