Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hi All,

Can anybody suggest some optimum settings for converting video for 5800?
I dont want the best quality, just a balance between size and quality
Is it possible to convert a 700 MB dvd rip to a filesize of 300-350 mb with ok to good quality? if possible what program to use and what settings?
*www.techiechips.com/convert-movies-and-videos-nokia-5800/

GERMZ

Banned
Apparently Nokia is having a small meetup at their Store near brigade road in Bangalore this saturday. They're going to be giving away free vouchers for the Nokia Music Store and a couple prizes. They are also inviting application developers who are the guys behind the latest apps available on S60 5th edition series.. Check it out here : Facebook – *www.facebook.com/event.php?invites&eid=196879729307, TwitInvite - *twtvite.com/jdwdfy

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Use your Nokia 5800 as a Webcam.

SmartCam 1.4: *www.mediafire.com/?zhmnzmtrzoy

I used over Wifi and it worked.

Instructions: *nokia5800downloads.blogspot.com/2009/05/make-your-nokia-5800-act-as-webcam-with.html (Don't download SmartCam 1.3 from the link in this page as it won't work. Download SmartCam 1.4 from the link I've posted above.)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks for that software....but is there any software through which I can access my desktop I mean I could control windows...I have tried soo many vpn softwares but just couldnt manage to use...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
For Linux users, there is a SSH client for Nokia 5800 named Putty which you can use to control your Linux machine over SSH.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Thanks for that software....but is there any software through which I can access my desktop I mean I could control windows...I have tried soo many vpn softwares but just couldnt manage to use...

RDM+ is a gr8 software bro... I'm using it.

_

sujoyp

Grand Master
@desibond...nope they too have remote for mobile from PC but i want it otherway....I want to control PC from mobile

@DigitalDude...I tried RDM+ but it needs net connection to control PC...doesnt work with wifi or bluetooth

Vensanga

Journeyman
after hard thinking i finally get my hands on 5800XM...am prety new with it so will be reading this thread and hopes it helps me in ma problem..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
after hard thinking i finally get my hands on 5800XM...am prety new with it so will be reading this thread and hopes it helps me in ma problem..

some apps that could help you:

1) Opera 5 beta 2
2) nimbuzz (instant messaging client)
3) Gravity (twitter client)
4) Google maps (nokia maps suck on this phone)
5) LCG Jukebox (better audio quality and customizations)
6) Nokia communities social messsaging client beta
7) Quick Office (document viewer)

And btw, welcome to the club :)

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
@desibond...nope they too have remote for mobile from PC but i want it otherway....I want to control PC from mobile

@DigitalDude...I tried RDM+ but it needs net connection to control PC...doesnt work with wifi or bluetooth

then you should probably try VNC+ and use a VNC server in the PC. access it via local ip?

will try this also and see :D

_

Top Bottom