Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

ziha786

Journeyman
You Know Guys there is some motion sensor games that games are attracting you very much i just play that game i simply said WOW what a games.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
hey guys when i purchased nokia 5800 xm there is navigation free for some months but it is not working can you pls help me out how is this working in a normal way.

yeah me too facing the same problem.I use my home wifi network to browse.But nokia maps
wouldn't allow wifi connection.But you can try offline maps from nokia.just install the ovi suite bundled with the phone in mini dvd,connect the phone and open nokia maps application on your pc and you can download offline maps of india(Only a few selected cities are mapped though).
Try google maps also coz it allows wifi connection and the maps browsed are automatically saved
so that you can browse them offline.

Last edited:

raj_in

In the zone
@ ziha
i was tellin my priorities r
1.music 2.touchscreen 3.camera (but pretty important also)
which phone shud i go for?

ziha786

Journeyman
here Is Nokia 5800 Xpress music Device. there is lots of music function like media bar direat access your favorite music. 81 MB internal memory and 8Gb comes with box expandable upto 16GB.
This is first S60 touch screen device With 5th edition the UI is too good and you get wow experience for browsing and navigation.
it has 3.2 MP camera with carl zeiss lens with auto focus. and dual LED flash
so i tell you this is such a nice device this time in the market.

@ ziha

xtremedia

Broken In
sorry to put a question in between.
I am looking for a new phone. I have been using nokia symbian phones for 4+ years and i know their potential and power and so I am inclined towards this so-called master piece 5800 XM.

Feature-wise it is excellent but upon having a live demo i found that it is not as repsonsive as i thought it would be. Every touch translates into action after a delay of 1 sec or so. That was quite irritating.
So my question is it normal that 5800 XM has such delays or was it only on that piece.
(I have also used my friends iphone which undoubtedly has a very FAST and FLUID UI and mayb i am comparing this device to iphone un-intentionally and expecting the same level of experience).

Last edited:

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
sorry to put a question in between.
I am looking for a new phone. I have been using nokia symbian phones for 4+ years and i know their potential and power and so I am inclined towards this so-called master piece 5800 XM.

Feature-wise it is excellent but upon having a live demo i found that it is not as repsonsive as i thought it would be. Every touch translates into action after a delay of 1 sec or so. That was quite irritating.
So my question is it normal that 5800 XM has such delays or was it only on that piece.
(I have also used my friends iphone which undoubtedly has a very FAST and FLUID UI and mayb i am comparing this device to iphone un-intentionally and expecting the same level of experience).

--->The reason why you felt there is a lag is because,unlike normal touchbased phones,5800 uses double click to open up certain menus.So the first time you clicked an icon you have just selected it and only when u press it again it actually runs.So that is why you might have felt this lag.
I've been using it for a month and i've never felt any lag.
But it takes time to figure out which one uses single tap and which uses double tap.

---->I do own an ipod touch 2g and i know the interface of it is lightyears ahead of any touchscreen device i've ever seen,courtesy its multitouch screen,Whereas in 5800 it is not multitouch hence the difference.But i feel 5800's screen looks much sharper

---->The real deal of 5800 is not its screen,its amazing sound output just blows you off.I was really amazed how such tiny speakers could make such a brilliant sound.But the camera sucks,no matter what i click they always appear grainy.

----->Forget about all the reviews,doubts etc etc if you have 20K to spend on a mobile,go get yourself the 5800,its the best phone(cost and features) at that price.

pickster

Professional Layabout.
I do own an ipod touch 2g and i know the interface of it is lightyears ahead of any touchscreen device i've ever seen,courtesy its multitouch screen,Whereas in 5800 it is not multitouch hence the difference.But i feel 5800's screen looks much sharper

its not only the multitouch which makes it much superior.
its uses capacitive technology which although sacrifices on the use of stylus, etc., gives you much better response. only a touch will do.
unlike the resistive screen used in 5800. but its not that bad, and you can use the stylus too, if that's your game.

the UI is faster when compared to 5800 undoubtedly. the only phone which comes close to iPhone/Touch UI is the Palm Pre. (which, in my opinion, beats it too)

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
its not only the multitouch which makes it much superior.
its uses capacitive technology which although sacrifices on the use of stylus, etc., gives you much better response. only a touch will do.
unlike the resistive screen used in 5800. but its not that bad, and you can use the stylus too, if that's your game.

the UI is faster when compared to 5800 undoubtedly. the only phone which comes close to iPhone/Touch UI is the Palm Pre. (which, in my opinion, beats it too)

Hey stylus wouldn't work on itouch i tried it.Only a finger or something with wide base would do.Hey i dont' know about palm pre,also heard that blackberry storm too has a good screen.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
sriharsha_madineni said:
---->The real deal of 5800 is not its screen,its amazing sound output just blows you off.I was really amazed how such tiny speakers could make such a brilliant sound.But the camera sucks,no matter what i click they always appear grainy.

Same story with all Xpress Music devices. Most of them have a mediocre camera module.
Nokia got to improve here.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
My nokia 5800 behaves strangely whenever i connect it in mass storage mode.Chkdsk pops out every time i try to to open any folder or copy files to memory card.I scanned it once and again it asked me to continue with scanning i did that too.But now when i disconnected the phone from pc a message popped up in phone saying that my card is corrupted and continue with formatting.So i ended up losinng all the data on card.
Luckily i backed up all the preloaded content.So i just lost my personal files.
And now it started to ask me the same again,now i'm just pressing continue without scanning.Did anyone face the same problem?Any solutions?

pickster

Professional Layabout.
Hey stylus wouldn't work on itouch i tried it.Only a finger or something with wide base would do.Hey i dont' know about palm pre,also heard that blackberry storm too has a good screen.

i said it works with resistive screens like the one in 5800.
and not with capacitive screen like those in iPhone / iPod Touch

Pat

Beyond Smart
i said it works with resistive screens like the one in 5800.
and not with capacitive screen like those in iPhone / iPod Touch

There are special styluses available for iPhone too, if someones into that kind of thing!

ziha786

Journeyman
There is lots of answers but i told you if you want to explore your feature so just click this link and see is this fulfill your requirement or not.
*mobonoid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313

here Is Nokia 5800 Xpress music Device. there is lots of music function like media bar direat access your favorite music. 81 MB internal memory and 8Gb comes with box expandable upto 16GB.
This is first S60 touch screen device With 5th edition the UI is too good and you get wow experience for browsing and navigation.
it has 3.2 MP camera with carl zeiss lens with auto focus. and dual LED flash
so i tell you this is such a nice device this time in the market.

There is lots of answers but i told you if you want to explore your feature so just click this link and see is this fulfill your requirement or not.
*mobonoid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313

@ ziha

Last edited:

raj_in

In the zone
sriharsha_madineni
hows d ipod touch
& does it hav wifi
& when compared 2 5800XM which has better music output
does it hav a 3.5mm jack
does it hav bluetooth for data tranafer & can it be paired with headphones
can it play rm files or has any software 2 convert them

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
My iPod touch's rocking.just now i jailbreaked it with the new 2.2.1 tethered redsnow release.I badly wanted an iphone so saved money for it,then i just saw a demo of 5800 and wanted to buy it instead.So i sold off my N70 for 4000 and bought 5800 for 19500.
I got my iTouch 32GB from us for $405.Which makes it a total of about 36000 which is about the same price of iphone 16GB here in india.But i've got two fantastic devices for the price of an iphone.

sriharsha_madineni
hows d ipod touch
& does it hav wifi
& when compared 2 5800XM which has better music output
does it hav a 3.5mm jack
does it hav bluetooth for data tranafer & can it be paired with headphones
can it play rm files or has any software 2 convert them

-->As i said this is the best PMP out there in the market.
Yes it does have Wifi,802.11 /b/g to be exact.Just go ahead and buy a wifi router if you have an internet connection at home i've got my NetgearWG614 for 1900.I guess buying an ipod touch without an internet connection is like buying a Gallardo in india,because you cannot use it to its actual benefits

-->Yes it has 3.5mm jack,but mind you the old ipod touch and the old iphone(not 3G) do have 3.5mm jack but only original apple earphones jack would fit it.Luckily the new iTouch 2g supports all standard 3.5mm jacks.

-->I've read that the iTouch has a bluetooth chip but was disabled.So atleast for now no bluetooth on it.But you can buy a A2DP plugin to use it with bluetooth stereo.
*thinkdigit.com/forum/%5BURL=*img23.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blus.jpg%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1686/blus.th.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D
*img3.imageshack.us/img3/2862/btchip.jpg
*img26.imageshack.us/img26/6536/bluq.jpg

-->The supported video formats are mov,mp4,h.264.Use any coverter to convert them and then sync them to Itouch.But if you jailbreak it then you can play certain formats without converting them through cydia packages.I personally use format factory.

-->Music output on both of them is good(using earphones),iTouch has a very low speaker output so if you showoff its speaker output people would laugh at you.
5800 was a real surprise when i listened to its speaker output,it has got a superb set of tiny stereo surround speakers specially the 3d sound effects are mindblowing.I've played transformers(5.1 source) on it and the virtual surround effects are just amazing.

-->But when it comes to your library management nothing beats the ipod touch+iTunes combo.I know its a bit irritating using iTunes to sync every thing.But overtime managing your GB's worth of library becomes a cakewalk.

--->As a whole package i would say 5800 is a better product with a whole lot of bundled accesories and most of them are really cool.Also 5800 is more usable than iTouch.
*img218.imageshack.us/img218/8493/ni2.th.jpg
*img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ni2.jpg*img87.imageshack.us/img87/8493/ni2.jpg
*thinkdigit.com/forum/D:%5CNew%20wifi%5Cpics%5Cblu.jpg

Last edited:

raj_in

In the zone
so basically 5800XM is better than ipod touch when it comes 2 overall music capabilities
& how much does d ipod touch 8 or 16GB cost in india

THANK YOU sriharsha_madineni & ziha786 for all ur help really helps me 2 get a better understanding of d devices

Last edited:
Top Bottom