Official iOS devices thread

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
Does itunes refunds authorization hold money?

My debit card had worked perfectly with itunes last time i had made a purchase using it (1.5 years ago). today when i tried to buy an app from itunes. I got a message saying new computer or device detected, i need to verify my payment options. I updated my debit card details and it showed 'payment processing temporarily unavaiable, please try again later'. I tried to update my debit card detail 8 times and everytime they deducted Rs.60 from my acc.

Now I have lost RS.480/- (Rs.60 deducted 8 times). Still itunes is showing i must verify my payment option.

Do i need to contact my bank? will i get this authorization hold money back?

Last time (1.5 year ago) when they deducted this RS.60 authorization hold, i never got refund from apple.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
wokay !! won't go for iOS7 then. :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

i have 1 more doubt :

Today i decided to update the asphalt8 app to the latest version( through itunes PC). The download was at ~600 mb ( out of 829 mb ) when there was a power failure in my area. When i restarted the PC ( after power was restored ), i tried to resume the download by Store>Check for available downloads, but it couldn't detect any ongoing downloads. There is a folder already present in my itunes folder( itunes>itunes media>Downloads>Asphalt8_airborne.tmp ), but it is not recognizing it..
Do i have to restart the whole download again ?? :/ :(

as far as i know, apple store doesnt have resumable downloads unlike google playstore. you may need to download again

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Ipad mini is available for 14,820 currently . Of course the wifi 16 gb one. Great for those who were looking to buy. Although outdated, Still far better than similar priced android tabs in this range.

Amazon.in: Buying Choices: Apple iPad Mini (WiFi, 16GB, Space Grey)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
do u ppl turn off ur iphone ??? coz my frd suggested its not the right thing to shut down daily ... battery life & phone is damaged ... is it true ???

I never turn-off my phone
but if u r keeping the device idle for too long than shutdown is recommended

kunalht

In the zone
save all ur contacts on a txt/csv file ... save this file on icloud or pc then use import contacts option ...

Yeah did that! thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Ipad mini is available for 14,820 currently . Of course the wifi 16 gb one. Great for those who were looking to buy. Although outdated, Still far better than similar priced android tabs in this range.

Amazon.in: Buying Choices: Apple iPad Mini (WiFi, 16GB, Space Grey)
yeah bought one iPad mini before some days! Its great and better than android tabs!

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Anybody facing problems with "Slide to Answer" function of answering a voice call? I have noticed sometimes that I am not able to answer calls because the Slide to Answer would become sticky & not work. Noticed such issues in Apple forums but couldn't find any solution. Although the frequency has reduced but still it persists rarely.

Running iOS 7.1.2 on iPhone 4

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yep happens at times on my iPhone 3GS running 5.something
but it is pretty rare

I just clean the screen, wipe my hands, and close all apps

also, does anyone know how an iPhone starts dying? im waiting for my 2009 model to go kaput, but it's still working. Battery life might have reduced a bit, (feels like it is charging and discharging quicker) but not sure.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
yep happens at times on my iPhone 3GS running 5.something
but it is pretty rare

I just clean the screen, wipe my hands, and close all apps

also, does anyone know how an iPhone starts dying? im waiting for my 2009 model to go kaput, but it's still working. Battery life might have reduced a bit, (feels like it is charging and discharging quicker) but not sure.

Why don't you sell it on olx or quickr?

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
What I most like about my iphone is that it charges up pretty quickly & I have put it on auto brightness so it automatically brightens up in sunlight which is very convenient & this is a 4 year old model.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
[MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION] One of my friends recently dumped his 3GS too as it had major battery problems. I expect newer models to last a bit longer than older models though(even 6 years sounds plausible IMO).

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Anorion said:
anything happens to the screen? white-outs or black-outs?
Nope. I used his phone a week before he finally changed it and everything was perfect. Everyday apps used to work fine(except lag in a few apps). He even completed first Infinity Blade on his phone.

Sorry for the late reply :p

sticko.com

Right off the assembly line
After I did my iPad mini and iPhone 5 I realized I could have used update vs restore. Is that not an option? May use that on my wife's phone to save time with restoring.

Top Bottom