Official E72 - Disscussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bratz

Right off the assembly line
Finally... Bought a E72... Was looking for a qwerty phone for a long time and now i have one in the form of E72.. :clap2:
[youtube]0p9mKki7A_s[/youtube]

desuza.jony

Broken In
I have set up my e mail no problem on my E72 with an incoming alert tone but for some reason when i receive an e mail i get no alert tone or icon on my screen. All other ring-tones etc are working fine.

digitalkrish

Broken In
I have set up my e mail no problem on my E72 with an incoming alert tone but for some reason when i receive an e mail i get no alert tone or icon on my screen. All other ring-tones etc are working fine.
To resolve this go to control panel > settings > general > personalisation > standby mode> mode settings > email notifications > and select the email boxes for which you want the alerts...

sughreev

Broken In
how i use audio themes on my phone i never used before and its really new experience for me...

Activate Audio Themes On Nokia E72:-
The good thing is audio themes support normal profile sounds, ringing tones, message alerts, clock alert, calendar alarm .but also sounds for phone handling and menu events.
Go to Menu>Cntrl Panel>Themes>Audi Themes....And then you can use audio themes on your E72....

Firecaster

Broken In
I'm Newbie to Nokia Messenging/Email on symbian phones, need to ask a couple of questions before i start diverting my mails to the E72:

1) if my email is POP3 (Singnet), can choose to have a copy of my emails in the inbox remain on Singnet server?

2) will email sent from my phone have a copy of it on Singnet server?

3) If I am using outlook to download my emails from Singnet already....does it make sense or even possible to have the same emails on both the phone and the outlook?

ziha786

Journeyman
I'm Newbie to Nokia Messenging/Email on symbian phones, need to ask a couple of questions before i start diverting my mails to the E72:

1) if my email is POP3 (Singnet), can choose to have a copy of my emails in the inbox remain on Singnet server?

2) will email sent from my phone have a copy of it on Singnet server?

3) If I am using outlook to download my emails from Singnet already....does it make sense or even possible to have the same emails on both the phone and the outlook?

bro, first u need to understand how POP3 or rather how outlook work.

Checking POP3 email on outlook, if you are using the default settings, then all your email are cleared from your Singnet Mailbox once you "send&receive" from outlook. if you still have the same emails on Singnet mailbox (you can verify by logging into the singnet webmail service), after downloading to outlook, that means you have enable "leave message on server" option. if you have this option on, that means both your phone or outlook should have the same emails in the inbox.

checking of POP3 emails on E72. By default, E72 will be set to "leave message on server". This means that after checking emails on the E72, your emails are still on the POP3 Server and you can download them later using Outlook, outlook express or etc.

Sending email from POP3 server using either outlook, other mail client or E72 will not be sync to the server. if you read my post in this thread, you will know why.

enjoy the phone, cheers.

OP
F

follower of krazzy

Journeyman
How long should I initialize a Lithium Ion 1500mAph BP-4L battery?
The shop assitant suggested 8 hours is this correct?

Shop assistants always say that. *discussions.europe.nokia.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif When your brand new E72 is fully charged you'll hear a short bleep. Charging takes about 2/3 hours. Read the manual about charging the battery.
*europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/e72/guides

crapface

Broken In
On my E72-2 when I plug a phone jack in I get a choice of 3 three options, one of them is "Line Out" What is that and what does it do.

On my E72-2 when I plug a phone jack in I get a choice of 3 three options, one of them is "Line Out" What is that and what does it do.

Line out provides higher quality audio powered by a receiver. Use it when you're plugging into an externally powered device (ex. an amp, not headphones)

sughreev

Broken In
Tic-Tac-Toe Touch For Nokia E72...
I remember playing the old 3 by 3 version in my school.... but now i have this game in my mobile, but this electronic version provides much larger grid allowing longer and better gameplay. Usualy you win on 3 moves, but that one isn't right. the 9 squares has to many variations to win or loose, Perfect for killing time!

Download From Ovi Store
*store.ovi.com/content/21241?clickSource=search

[youtube]eWxfKUTBQHU[/youtube]

Last edited:

Firecaster

Broken In
I have installed OVI Maps 3.03 and the first thing I noticed, when showing the MAP , the small compass bottom left remains white and stuck north. I tried setting by revolving the cell, as you could do with previous Maps, but nothing I remember in the previous OVI there was the option "keep map oriented north" and "keep map oriented "ahead"..or something similar. the option doesn't exists any longer (or I can't find it?)

ziha786

Journeyman
I have installed OVI Maps 3.03 and the first thing I noticed, when showing the MAP , the small compass bottom left remains white and stuck north. I tried setting by revolving the cell, as you could do with previous Maps, but nothing I remember in the previous OVI there was the option "keep map oriented north" and "keep map oriented "ahead"..or something similar. the option doesn't exists any longer (or I can't find it?)

I had same problem then fixed it by opening maps and pressing 5 key -this is shortcut to activating/deactivating the compass

sughreev

Broken In
same issue - email not getting added.

at once my gmail got added but then it goes off the application automatically. on restart it comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom