Official E72 - Disscussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

anujsoni

Right off the assembly line
I m using this phone n i liked all the features especially the speed of the phone n no hanging problems.. Bt i think loudpeaker quality could have been better..
Overall, a gud phne! :p

wierdo

Email client is one of the best, full HTML support,,instant messaging
facilities which are essential qualifications for a businessman class phone.Improved navigational facilities through assisted Nokia E72 communication features includes mail for Exchange,
IBM lotus notes traveler for corporate email, as well as Yahoo,
Gmail, Hotmail and most other POP3/IMAP email and a lifetime
license for Nokia's mobile email and IM service
GPS,compass and Nokia maps is another Nokia E72 feature built for a busy businessman's life . *tinyurl.com/yb5g7u6

Last edited:
@weirdo

I cant receive incoming emails when using HOTMAIL. Other email accounts can be sent and received fine but not hotmail!!!.

Is there a settings related issue?????

ziha786

Journeyman
I am not able to update to QuickOffice version 6? i was trying but mine get stack at the end of the downloading stage...

Last edited:
Windows Live Hotmail requires the latest Nokia Messaging phone software. You may be using an older version of the software. Point your phone browser to email.nokia.com and download the software from there. After you install the new version, the Nokia Messaging software will automatically launch. Click the Sync button to begin receiving your Windows Live Hotmail.

@weirdo

I cant receive incoming emails when using HOTMAIL. Other email accounts can be sent and received fine but not hotmail!!!.

Is there a settings related issue?????

talwar

Broken In
Its simple to uninstall any application from ur E72...just go to Menu>control panel>Application Manager>Installed Apps.>Select application that you want to uninstall>option>uninstall

Psilock Traveller app-- I installed it in my phone last week bt now finding it hard to uninstall? Help?

rehan_mahmood

Broken In
You can use the following way. Go to QuickOffice>>Options>>Help>>About QuickOffice
There you will get Quick Office App store and you can download the QuickOffice version 6 free of charge..
It wrked for me..:smile:

I am not able to update to QuickOffice version 6? i was trying but mine get stack at the end of the downloading stage...

pawankhanna

Broken In
I think Email setup is very easy on E72 and i found an interesting blog to define email on E72....
*zomgitscj.com/email-on-the-nokia-e72/

can you share your experience with the phone, m looking to buy it in Jan but have received some updates about some issues with mail client. plz share the pros and cons of the phone as you faced.

sughreev

Broken In
Hi , I find the user manual / guide very bad.

There is no where in the manual any description of all the icons on the display.

I have now another clock next to the camera shortcut.. ?

I have no need for two clock on this small display ;-)

How to remove this ?

BIGGIE

Hi, i recently purchased e72. It looks more elegant n very attractive, Camera is good, Speed much better than E71, Found firmware more user friendly, Sound quality on my BOSE headphones was awesome (thanx to 3.5mm audio jack), loved various transitions n animation effects,, Optical Navi key ( will rather term it as optical mouse :smile:) is good. Internal browser is better than E71, qwerty keypad, found typing on office files very comfortable..
I dont think i m gonna change this phone for nw.. :smile:

Hi , I find the user manual / guide very bad.

There is no where in the manual any description of all the icons on the display.

I have now another clock next to the camera shortcut.. ?

I have no need for two clock on this small display ;-)

How to remove this ?

You should be able to configure your home screen by going to Menu>Ctrl panel>Modes>Home screen applications. See page 100 of the user manual.

talwar

Broken In
Hi, i recently purchased e72. It looks more elegant n very attractive, Camera is good, Speed much better than E71, Found firmware more user friendly, Sound quality on my BOSE headphones was awesome (thanx to 3.5mm audio jack), loved various transitions n animation effects,, Optical Navi key ( will rather term it as optical mouse :smile:) is good. Internal browser is better than E71, qwerty keypad, found typing on office files very comfortable..
I dont think i m gonna change this phone for nw.. :smile:

NIce information...can you pls tell me how to remove nay install application on this phone...

kelly

Broken In
I have 3 web mail accounts (1 in hotmail 2 in gmail).
The main mailbox which I choose in nokia mail is from hotmail, I have no problems to rename it, but the others 2 (from gmail) is impossible to do.
I try this: Menu>Office>Email>Settings>Gmail>Mailbox settings>Mailbox name. I write there JJPP, but still Gmail like by default name.
Whit hotmail it happens: Menu>Office>Email>Settings>Hotmail> (and there I find other options, not like gmail) Mailbox settings>Mailbox name and there I have no problems.

Anyone can helpme?

ziha786

Journeyman
I have 3 web mail accounts (1 in hotmail 2 in gmail).
The main mailbox which I choose in nokia mail is from hotmail, I have no problems to rename it, but the others 2 (from gmail) is impossible to do.
I try this: Menu>Office>Email>Settings>Gmail>Mailbox settings>Mailbox name. I write there JJPP, but still Gmail like by default name.
Whit hotmail it happens: Menu>Office>Email>Settings>Hotmail> (and there I find other options, not like gmail) Mailbox settings>Mailbox name and there I have no problems.
Anyone can helpme?

Well, I am using nokia N97 mini, and I could rename my mailbox this way :
Menu -> Messaging -> mailbox ( name of the mailbox you wanna change) -> Options -> email settings -> Connection Settings -> Incoming email -> mailbox name
Change the name there ! It works ! I cross verified.

what about E72 camera quality? i am interested to buy this phone but first i want to know about some feedback...on performance,battery back up..and browsing experience...what are email clients inbuilt in this phone.

kelly

Broken In
what about E72 camera quality? i am interested to buy this phone but first i want to know about some feedback...on performance,battery back up..and browsing experience...what are email clients inbuilt in this phone.

Nokia E72 has 5MP camera with digital flash,this also support red eye reduction feature....you can capture high quality images,and direct print on 11x14 size....you can capture a video on 15 fps...so i think its a better camera like Nseries pones...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom