Official Android discussion thread

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
No. Mine also are of Google account. But once Google account is configured, contacts gets saved to your phone. So contacts may delay by half a sec but call log will not.

Do I have to manually synchronise once a new contact is created?
Actually there is no separate call logs option under any menu. It shows when I tap the dialer icon. And when any of the contacts call, it takes 5 to 10 seconds to display the name. Till then it's showing the number only. I'm using Sony Xperia E dual.

amjath

Human Spambot
No if the sync is on all the time, it should sync periodically.
Take call log backup and
Go to settings, apps, all, scroll down to contacts storage and clear data.
Try syncing again. Restore our call log backup.
Try super backup for easy backip

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Hi, During calls my screen goes off but when I move from my ears the screen light remains off then I have to press the power button after that I can disconnect the call.

How to fix this ? If detach the phone from ear side then light needs to be ON again.

ankush28

Bazinga
Hi, During calls my screen goes off but when I move from my ears the screen light remains off then I have to press the power button after that I can disconnect the call.

How to fix this ? If detach the phone from ear side then light needs to be ON again.

Which phone you have?
In most phones when you move your phone away from ear and also dont keep anything in front of proximity sensor it should turn on display!!!

Have you enabled "turn-off display during call" from call settings? If not do it. Might be screen is getting timed out during call :lol:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Which phone you have?
In most phones when you move your phone away from ear and also dont keep anything in front of proximity sensor it should turn on display!!!

Have you enabled "turn-off display during call" from call settings? If not do it. Might be screen is getting timed out during call :lol:

Its a Chinese phone any way to fix

ankush28

Bazinga
Open the Dialer then its setting. Now uncheck Turn off screen during calls.
See if the setting is there.

A crap scratch guard or your phone's cover which is covering proximity sensor may be culprit.!!!

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys on my Sony Z1 I get an alert for system update but when I try to update it says I need a computer to update.
Any ideas?

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
so Im currently using my iris 501 as my karbonn a5 died after a cruel washing machine induced torture. been using it today on 3g all the time tapatalking and browsing. love the battery life on this thing. its still has juice left!. on my karbonn a5 I got 3.5 hours of screen time on a full charge

anurag anand

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys I want to use my phone as a webcam that can transfer live videos from my phones camera to my PC.i have tried Droid cam but it only works via USB cable and also I don't want to spend money for Droid cam x any suggestions?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
See if this helps: (came across this it just today)
How to Turn An Old Android Phone into a Networked Security Camera

For motion detection it uses a paid app. And it also uses USB cable.

If you want to have a functionality like this, I don't think you can get it free!

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys whenever I compose a new SMS in my android phone and upon selecting which used to send I get for same contact multiple information which I assume includes details like his email address.

Is there any settings which will enable me to select only those contacts who have mobile number saved in either my SIM or Phone instead of contacts who don't have phone number. I guess these contacts are being imported from my gmail account.

Also one more thing when I delete some contacts later I see them getting added to my phone . Are these contacts getting synced from my gmail account?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Guys whenever I compose a new SMS in my android phone and upon selecting which used to send I get for same contact multiple information which I assume includes details like his email address.

Is there any settings which will enable me to select only those contacts who have mobile number saved in either my SIM or Phone instead of contacts who don't have phone number. I guess these contacts are being imported from my gmail account.

Also one more thing when I delete some contacts later I see them getting added to my phone . Are these contacts getting synced from my gmail account?

Yep, turn off sync from "account and sync" settings.

Top Bottom