Official Android discussion thread

sksundram

In the zone
Tried to buy an app on play store today using Axis Debit Card, SBI credit card and HDFC credit card but in every case it failed to recognise. What could be the reason?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Tried to buy an app on play store today using Axis Debit Card, SBI credit card and HDFC credit card but in every case it failed to recognise. What could be the reason?
Almost all major CC works! ICICI debit card too. No comments on SBI CC though.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys whenever I compose a new SMS in my android phone and upon selecting which used to send I get for same contact multiple information which I assume includes details like his email address.

Is there any settings which will enable me to select only those contacts who have mobile number saved in either my SIM or Phone instead of contacts who don't have phone number. I guess these contacts are being imported from my gmail account.
Guys any response on the above.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^ Yup. There is a setting where you can restrict the contacts to those only which have numbers.
In my Lg Optimus P500 (running Cyanogenmod's Kitkat) it's on this screen:

*i.minus.com/i3ySsZKOlzZV7.png

Try to find the above screen from "People" (contact list) app, and uncheck categories other than, "My Contacts".

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Saw this while searching for bbm for Android 2.3
blackberry-considering-gingerbread-support-bbm-android/
Anyone know how to register for the bbm Beta Zone?

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Am I only one who LOVES the speech to text capability of an android 2.3.6 . I was under the impression, that only jellybean has speech to text commands, I was thankfully wrong!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Am I only one who LOVES the speech to text capability of an android 2.3.6 . I was under the impression, that only jellybean has speech to text commands, I was thankfully wrong!

Me too sometimes. Saves me the trouble to type long sentences. And also to impress others. :D

ajayritik

Technomancer
@Vyom I wasn't able to find the settings which help me in having only contacts with phone number displayed while texting.

moniker

Broken In
I can't use greenify on Gingerbread :(.

Also, i want the apps to start when i want them to, not automatically. Freezing and then unfreezing them is not a good option for me.

You can try Autorun manager. It is the closest to greenify that you can get on gingerbread. It identifies on what events an app autostarts, you can choose to disable those events when you don't want the app to run stealthily in the background.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Titanium backup :rolledeyes:

Freezing and then unfreezing them is not a good option for me.

I want the apps like Facebook and Tapatalk to not start automatically or access the internet while i've switched on the packet data to use other apps which require internet like Android Download Manager or Whatsapp. I think i require a autostart disabling app or something like that.

amjath

Human Spambot
I want the apps like Facebook and Tapatalk to not start automatically or access the internet while i've switched on the packet data to use other apps which require internet like Android Download Manager or Whatsapp. I think i require a autostart disabling app or something like that.

Tweak the notification settings in individual apps

sksundram

In the zone
I can't use greenify on Gingerbread :(.

Also, i want the apps to start when i want them to, not automatically. Freezing and then unfreezing them is not a good option for me.

Who said anything about freezing. Hibernating is not freezing. Btw no idea on 2.3.x

Top Bottom