Official Android discussion thread

ajayritik

Technomancer
Still the battery problem is not yet solved.

Guys any best app which can be used as timer. For example I would want it to give an alarm after some time.
It's something like for example I have kept water for heating and would want to be reminded to switch it off.

pratyush997

Inactive
Still the battery problem is not yet solved.

Guys any best app which can be used as timer. For example I would want it to give an alarm after some time.
It's something like for example I have kept water for heating and would want to be reminded to switch it off.

The stock clock app.
Use Google now to set reminders.

Last edited:

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Is there any way to restore the Xperia s keyboard's data to Xperia t keyboard?? I have titanium backup for Xperia s keyboard. But when I restore the data to Xperia t keyboard, the saved words won't show up.. Can you guys help me

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Is there any way to restore the Xperia s keyboard's data to Xperia t keyboard?? I have titanium backup for Xperia s keyboard. But when I restore the data to Xperia t keyboard, the saved words won't show up.. Can you guys help me

Most of time the saved words are those Hinglish words that we type often and want to save.
If that is the case, just use a keyboard with Hinglish dictionary support. Like Swype, which also have come to play market now.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Most of time the saved words are those Hinglish words that we type often and want to save.
If that is the case, just use a keyboard with Hinglish dictionary support. Like Swype, which also have come to play market now.

Nope it's tanglish ( tamil+ English), tamil words. There are like thousands and thousands of saved words.. I don't want to lose them

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Nope it's tanglish ( tamil+ English), tamil words. There are like thousands and thousands of saved words.. I don't want to lose them

Whoa. "Thousands"?!
I am afraid if Titanium backup is unable to restore the words, you may be helpless.

Only option now is to try to uninstall the existing KB, and try to restore whole application and data from Titanium. Little hope though.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys not sure if this is the right thread but still wanted to check I cut my earlier old SIM into small Micro SIM so that it fits into my new Galaxy Note 2. Now the problem is I'm not able to put this back into my LG Optimus Net. The SIM Tray I know is an option but it's around Rs 100 and later may become waste.

Vignesh B

Youngling
^^ I do still suggest a tray. You never know when you will need it again.
But I have seen one of my friend using the outer portion of her cut sim as a tray. :p Just make sure that the gold plate is in contact with the golden connector of the phone.

ajayritik

Technomancer
^^ I do still suggest a tray. You never know when you will need it again.
But I have seen one of my friend using the outer portion of her cut sim as a tray. :p Just make sure that the gold plate is in contact with the golden connector of the phone.
The outer portion broke unfortunately. :(

prat

Broken In
I think carrier billing is not yet included by google :(. My playstore was updated yesterday to 4.0.25 and still it shows credit and debit card option. I have to pay for whatsapp :( but i dont have credit card. Entropay requires at least 20 $ and i am not sure if it works or not. Can someone help ???

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I haven't heard of the update reaching India just yet. Let's wait.

Food for thought: 75% of Android devices can't run Google Now since it
requires Jelly Bean; any iPhone from 2009 on (3GS and
later) can run it today with iOS 6.

amjath

Human Spambot
I haven't heard of the update reaching India just yet. Let's wait.

Food for thought: 75% of Android devices can't run Google Now since it
requires Jelly Bean; any iPhone from 2009 on (3GS and
later) can run it today with iOS 6.

Let the fragmentation chant against android begin.

clickclick

Journeyman
i am planning to buy a cellphone and my budget is 15k
i have selected 2 models,

samsung galaxy s advance and
htc desire x

am really okay with the 480p video recording in htc, but the main problem i have with s advance is the network issues which i have read online. Does it get solved with the official jelly bean update?

my preference is samsung, but if the network issue continues on jelly bean too then i would certainly opt for htc desire x

i dont like the lg l9 as its huge in size

thanks

Top Bottom