Official Android discussion thread

Minion

Conversation Architect
I have used that. Looks good. But doesn't those one line menu items feels silly? :p
I would rather have the home screen of WP but the ability to customize menu to grid. Any launcher for that? :D

nova luncher is very stable and uses very less memory its is very smooth too and have lot of customisations.I replaced my default Sony timescape with this.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
+1 for Nova. Great launcher it is. It's not as smooth as my stock TW, but hey, lots of good features and some customisation is the way to go.

Rohan_B

Journeyman
I have an S3 i9300 on Cyanogenmod 10.1(Rooted) and it has Clockworkmod Recovery installed.
Its charger suddenly stopped working and the Service Centre guys told me that they will see the phone before giving me a replacement. Can any one please guide me how to revert back to Stock ROM and Recovery..
I have already done the thing with Triangle Away.
Thanks for the Help! :D

rock2702

Padawan
I have an S3 i9300 on Cyanogenmod 10.1(Rooted) and it has Clockworkmod Recovery installed.
Its charger suddenly stopped working and the Service Centre guys told me that they will see the phone before giving me a replacement. Can any one please guide me how to revert back to Stock ROM and Recovery..
I have already done the thing with Triangle Away.
Thanks for the Help! :D

Download the stock Indian jb ROM from samfirmware,flash it using Odin,factory reset your phone.You are as good as new :)

Vignesh B

Youngling
I am sure, this has been asked before, but am asking again, is an antivirus required on android(Galaxy S3)? I am not that app crazy, just download the required apps from play-store. Just read somewhere that even Google uses some anti-malware service called "Bouncer" to scan its play-store. So am I relatively safe? Even anti-theft is built in, so that point is also marked off.

amjath

Human Spambot
^ exactly but few safety tips:

Download only from play.
No pirated apks i Mean from torrents.
Check the reviews

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yes and don't download anything you see. As above user said, check reviews. I've 60+ apps installed atm, outta which 30 is labeled as Top Dev, and other 30 are having 10k+ reviews. Needless to say there are plenty malware in Play Store.

Vignesh B

Youngling
^ exactly but few safety tips:

Download only from play.
No pirated apks i Mean from torrents.
Check the reviews

Yes and don't download anything you see. As above user said, check reviews. I've 60+ apps installed atm, outta which 30 is labeled as Top Dev, and other 30 are having 10k+ reviews. Needless to say there are plenty malware in Play Store.

Thanks and noted the points.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Is tunnelbear vpn app safe? I have using it in my phone for quite some times, Yesterday when I tried to install TunnelBear Software in my laptop, Norton detected it as a threat(maybe virus, forgot the details).. WTF?

In my mobile no AV installed.

amjath

Human Spambot
Guys need to know some good apps to install on my Galaxy Note2. Any suggestions?

Sketchbook Pro for artists (drawing/painting)
Facebook Messenger
FlipaClip (for animation)
Facebook
Evernote
Ebay
ADW EX Launcher
Pocket [Password Storage]
Tapatalk [Forum - How did I forget this in first place]
Dripper
Draw Something Free
Whatsapp
Flipboard
Airdroid
Circle Alarm
Chrome
Currents
Dictionary
Google Drive or Dropbox
Titanium Backup [If u root]
utorrent
utorrent Remote

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Is tunnelbear vpn app safe? I have using it in my phone for quite some times, Yesterday when I tried to install TunnelBear Software in my laptop, Norton detected it as a threat(maybe virus, forgot the details).. WTF?

In my mobile no AV installed.

BUMP.....
No one noticed as it is at end of the page :(

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I had an SD Card which I had used with my previous phone LG optimus net . However when I insert the same into my new Galaxy Note it's not being recognized. Do I need to format this SD Card before I start using in my Note?

Top Bottom