Official Android discussion thread

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Is there any app which allows to reduce me brightness well below zero %, i.e. in negative.

If by that you mean, turn brightness "really low" then no. Although this app helps in keeping it well below then normal using filter:

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.labs.quantative.screenfilter

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
The stock Android on my dads phone is sh!t.
1)Firstly contacts don‘t get synced to Google profile, although it says sync complete.
2)Then when I delete apps internal phone memory doesn‘t get freed up when I delete apps. If I run out of space then have to perform factory restore :(
3) Full of crapware.

And its the Optimus P698 Dual sim for which I can‘t seem to find proper source of Custom ROMs.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys have couple of apps like Any.Do, Easy Money, Backup SMS and contacts. I had taken a back up of these apps before doing a factory reset. However now after the reset I'm unable to restore the apps to the state they were before I did the reset. I didn't face the problem with other apps like Life Reminders.
Anybody who can help me on this.

I guess have to finally take the plunge and flash my mobile as suggested by you some time back. For Starters may be I need to check the thread you created on rooting.

Tough luck guys the factory reset doesn't seem to have solve the problem. I continue to get the auto dial thing. :( Is there no solution for my problem?

Guys anyone who can help me on this?

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys as soon as I reach the internal memory remaining 16 MB I start getting an alert saying the phone memory is low and gradually will stop getting SMS. Is there anyway I can increase this Memory? I want to install more apps on my mobile. However apart from 5-6 apps I'm not able to install much and also all of the apps don't come with the option to be able to move to SD Card. Should I root my mobile. I have LG Optimus Net just in case someone is not following my posts. Will appreciate help on this.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Your best bet is to install Link2SD and then after creating an ext3 partition in your card, you would be able to move unmovable apps to card's ext3 partition. But of course, you need to root.

Neo

Google books is available in India now ^_^
But I was not able to buy a book today.. seems like its not fully functional yet.

ajayritik

Technomancer
^^ Your best bet is to install Link2SD and then after creating an ext3 partition in your card, you would be able to move unmovable apps to card's ext3 partition. But of course, you need to root.

I will have to take the plunge to root my phone. Let me give it a try. For starters should I look for the thread created by sam on Rooting. Will appreciate if you or someone could give some suggestions on first time rooting my mobile. Head to XDA?

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Google books is available in India now ^_^
But I was not able to buy a book today.. seems like its not fully functional yet.

I am able to read The adventure of sharlock Holmes, which is free there.. Havenot tried buying a book.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I need suggestions on some app which will help me monitor the time when I work out in gym like making sure I dont rest for more than certain time and also an app for office which will help me monitor the tasks I do for certain time . Any thing?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Guys I need suggestions on some app which will help me monitor the time when I work out in gym like making sure I dont rest for more than certain time and also an app for office which will help me monitor the tasks I do for certain time . Any thing?

You need these I guess:
Stopwatch / Timer
Astrid (which also have a Chrome extension)

But no app can "keep a watch on you" to see if you are resting or working. :p

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Launcher 8 is very good if you want to experience win 8 on your android. You can download from here *goo.gl/O5Axv
*i.imgur.com/wurfLtN.jpg
*i.imgur.com/PCqXe7N.jpg
*i.imgur.com/G96xSRc.jpg
*i.imgur.com/cdn6DrT.jpg

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have used that. Looks good. But doesn't those one line menu items feels silly? :p
I would rather have the home screen of WP but the ability to customize menu to grid. Any launcher for that? :D

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I have used that. Looks good. But doesn't those one line menu items feels silly? :p
I would rather have the home screen of WP but the ability to customize menu to grid. Any launcher for that? :D
Actually I'm bored of android stock launcher :p
Yes you can customize the menu into grid.

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
You need these I guess:
Stopwatch / Timer
Astrid (which also have a Chrome extension)

But no app can "keep a watch on you" to see if you are resting or working. :p
Thanks Buddy. But looks like I can't install any of these or any apps. Have only 16 MB of memory left on phone which doesn't let me install any additional apps.

Top Bottom