Official Android discussion thread

vizard18

Right off the assembly line
Hello evryone . I am a new android user on samsung galaxy s advance . Can someone please suggest me how to remove home screens . There are 7 there .Can you also tell how to copy contacts from SIM to phone ?

Hrishi

I was wondering that if I move applications to SD card from one phone and insert the SD card in another different android phone running ICS , will it work ?? Will it show those apps in new phone ??

The old is Atrix , and new one is MicroMax A110.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I was wondering that if I move applications to SD card from one phone and insert the SD card in another different android phone running ICS , will it work ?? Will it show those apps in new phone ??

The old is Atrix , and new one is MicroMax A110.

won't. only some data is moved and without the app installed, os won't recognize the app.

Hrishi

Okay, but how about the game cache? That shoulld work, right? Considering the fact that game is installed on other device?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes, that should work just fine.
but A110 has WVGA resolution & Atrix has qHD resolution so may run into compatibility issues.

Hrishi

Anyone tried "Beats Audio Drivers Application" from playstore ??? Noticed any difference in SQ ??

.jRay.

Youngling
Anyone tried "Beats Audio Drivers Application" from playstore ??? Noticed any difference in SQ ??

It's good only if you have a good pair of headphones, if you don't, then it'll make no difference at all, I have beats audio with my Rom it does sound better ony skullcandy ink'd supreme sound headphones.

Hrishi

It's good only if you have a good pair of headphones, if you don't, then it'll make no difference at all, I have beats audio with my Rom it does sound better ony skullcandy ink'd supreme sound headphones.
Tried the free edition today ,
Yes , it feels a little bit more balanced with Beats Audio , and kinda wider[Difference is not so huge though]. However unable to access DSP Manager, it crashes. ANd unfortunately the Beats driver/application has no EQ settings.

.jRay.

Youngling
Tried the free edition today ,
Yes , it feels a little bit more balanced with Beats Audio , and kinda wider[Difference is not so huge though]. However unable to access DSP Manager, it crashes. ANd unfortunately the Beats driver/application has no EQ settings.

The only settings you get is these uploadfromtaptalk1354540228114.jpg

The music sounds crisp and there is a better balance between bass and treble.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi guys,
long back I asked for Call recorder for Android here..but I think its not yet developed for android.
I was asking for the same type
Voice Inbox (Nokia, Symbian S60) | Melon Mobile

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hi guys,
long back I asked for Call recorder for Android here..but I think its not yet developed for android.
I was asking for the same type
Voice Inbox (Nokia, Symbian S60) | Melon Mobile

I remember posting something like this long time back, that there are a few call recorder apps available for Android. But none of them works for all devices. For me this works: *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.record.my.call

For others, this may work: *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=polis.app.callrecorder

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I want to change the 2GB microSD card of my Galaxy Y to a 16GB one. Apparently, the current card has quite a few apps installed in it. How to proceed so that my apps remain intact after upgrading?

Zangetsu

I remember posting something like this long time back, that there are a few call recorder apps available for Android. But none of them works for all devices. For me this works: *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.record.my.call

For others, this may work: *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=polis.app.callrecorder
Vyom the one u have posted is conversation recorder...and what I want is incoming call recorder in memorycard...

which works like this
1) u get a call
2) if u don't pick up the call (lets say 10secs)
3) then the app will automatically pick the call and greets with your message(mp3,wave,etc) like "Hello,this is vyom..please leave a message...I will get back to you..."
4) the caller will leave a voice message which will get saved in your memory card and then u can hear whats recorded by the App,this way u won't miss any call

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Vyom the one u have posted is conversation recorder...and what I want is incoming call recorder in memorycard...

which works like this
1) u get a call
2) if u don't pick up the call (lets say 10secs)
3) then the app will automatically pick the call and greets with your message(mp3,wave,etc) like "Hello,this is vyom..please leave a message...I will get back to you..."
4) the caller will leave a voice message which will get saved in your memory card and then u can hear whats recorded by the App,this way u won't miss any call

You could have said, "Answering Machine app". Yups never found one. Or never cared to find one.
If you get, please share with us too!

Zangetsu

You could have said, "Answering Machine app". Yups never found one. Or never cared to find one.
If you get, please share with us too!

I remember i posted answering machine in my last post
and yeah sure I will post that coz it was very handy app in Symbian S60.
I am reading online that it's not possible bcoz of hardware in Android :(

WTH isn't there "Last Call Duration" setting in ICS? :-?

Top Bottom