Official Android discussion thread

amjath

Human Spambot
Why HTC One M9 isn't available in any of the indian market except for amazon.in, that too for a limited period.
Marketing like fk and xiaomi. I guess HTC didn't want to pour big pile of its products here. They are going supplyaccording to the demand.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Guys I'm having this strange problem on my Yureka wherein whenever I call someone or I get call the screen gets locked.
I'm having hard time in case the guy whom I call doesn't hang up.
Even with my earlier phones it used to get locked when I have it near my ear but when I hold it in front of me it used to get unlocked.
What setting should I change?

Posted this already in the Yureka thread. Just wanted to check here as well.

Its a well known proximity bug in Yu Yureka. Update the OS to get rid of the bug.

This is rediculas, I am looking for HTC One M9 for my dad, are they planning to cancell it for indian market? HTC's design, build, preimum look and feel and overall quality is miles better than cheap plastic used by Samsung and LG smartphones. The only extra items, that Samsung previde over HTC is bloatwares.

A

amit.tiger12

^ this is why nobody is buying yureka now... what stupidity... :))
non-sense people

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
This is rediculas, I am looking for HTC One M9 for my dad, are they planning to cancell it for indian market? HTC's design, build, preimum look and feel and overall quality is miles better than cheap plastic used by Samsung and LG smartphones. The only extra items, that Samsung previde over HTC is bloatwares.

Have a look at Lg G4 once.

Yeah g4 looks good!

Thanks for the suggestion dudette. LG G4 is an amazing super smartphone with best camera any android smartphone has ever produced. But dad isn't a technical enthusastic, so for him more than specs, its other things that matter the most.

2 things that dad disliked about G4 are...
1) Leather back, instead of premium metallic finish of HTC One M9,8, iPhone 6 and Galaxy S6 Edge. He said even LG G3's premium metallic look turned dad.
2) Placement of buttons on back is something dad said, that he will never get used to it.

He clearly said that if the camera is mid range like HTC M9,8 (offcourse a fine camera is good for him) and premium metallic finish, which gives stylish looks and offcourse the overall quality of the device, will fill all his purposes.

Any information, when is HTC One M9 coming to the indian markets?

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys consider the following scenario
I have Mobile Internet Active on my mobile but not available on my other's mobile.
Is it possible for me to activate my Internet mobile and use the same on my mother's mobile.
I think we have some technology for this.
I apologize if this is a dumb question.
Can someone explain how this can be done?

amjath

Human Spambot
Guys consider the following scenario
I have Mobile Internet Active on my mobile but not available on my other's mobile.
Is it possible for me to activate my Internet mobile and use the same on my mother's mobile.
I think we have some technology for this.
I apologize if this is a dumb question.
Can someone explain how this can be done?
Its wifi hotspot. Go to settings -> under WiFi and settings select more -> tethering & portable hotspot -> turn on portable WiFi hotspot -> set up portable hotspot and change password.

A

amit.tiger12

I beg your pardon.
May I know whom are you referring to in this statement?

referring to..
those who are giving negative comments only because of software (on amazon saw few reviews about lollipop update)..
those reviewers are total gone case and because of negative publicity the product is not getting sold...
we don't pay for software/we pay little on software and more on hardware, so why not buy hardware and install your software..

not supporting any one.. just giving my view..

and new yureka (may 12) is same old device (i guess), with more price cut.. another reason..

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Guys i have a minor OTA update (190 MB) which fails no matter how many times i try. Is it due to the fact i am rooted? But previously when i was rooted, i did the same update and it did update and my root was preserved. Now how do i check why the update fails and where is the file locally stored?

amjath

Human Spambot
Guys i have a minor OTA update (190 MB) which fails no matter how many times i try. Is it due to the fact i am rooted? But previously when i was rooted, i did the same update and it did update and my root was preserved. Now how do i check why the update fails and where is the file locally stored?
It must be because of ota issue or your network. In case of cm and exodus, you can find the update in cmupdater or exodusupdater.

Why don't you download the incremental delta update and flash it

Top Bottom