Official Android discussion thread

ankush28

Bazinga
Guys my Note2 for the past couple of days has gone terribly slow. Anything I can do to fix it?

try these tips...
1)Settings-> Developer options and turn off -> "Windows animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animator duration scale"
2)Turn OFF S pen (if you are not using that cr@p )
3) there are lots of bloatwares pre lded which one will rarely use, go to setting and DISABLE them.
4)Uncheck show notification in app which you dont want.
5)remove useless apps.
6)Turn OFF connectivity options(bluetooth, wifi, nfc s beam) when you are not using...
7)Uninstall ALL Task Killers and Battery savers....(also look for apps that stay in notification area)
and final one...
if you are using SD card below class 6 then move apps to SYSTEM STORAGE.
Slow SD can slow down your phone so if possible buy class6 sd or above.
If you have lots of apps moved to slow SD it will considerably increase boot time and lags...
hope I helped :)

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys is there any app which will read out the To Do Tasks. I know Any.Do app can recognize what we speak and store it. But I want some app which will read out the task. Astrid used to do it earlier.

anmolksharma

Broken In
Guys I own a HTC One V for past 1 year, Now since the warranty is over I am planning to root the phone and thinking of installing custom ROM.

The only issue is that I am completely new in this rooting/custom rom business.

Please make things simple for me and help me step by step so that I can root my phone.

After rooting please guide me in same simple manner how can I install custom ROMs on my One V?

Any tutorial? Guide etc?

Please give link of latest and supported custom ROM for One V? Which version is currently available for this phone? 4.2 or 4.3? Can I by any chance get 4.4 on this device?

Please guide!

ankush28

Bazinga
^I think One V has its own forum on xda check out HTC One V - xda-developers read all sticky threads and decide some good custom rom(CM / PA)
You will find "ALL" information there :)

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
try these tips...
1)Settings-> Developer options and turn off -> "Windows animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animator duration scale"
2)Turn OFF S pen (if you are not using that cr@p )
3) there are lots of bloatwares pre lded which one will rarely use, go to setting and DISABLE them.
4)Uncheck show notification in app which you dont want.
5)remove useless apps.
6)Turn OFF connectivity options(bluetooth, wifi, nfc s beam) when you are not using...
7)Uninstall ALL Task Killers and Battery savers....(also look for apps that stay in notification area)
and final one...
if you are using SD card below class 6 then move apps to SYSTEM STORAGE.
Slow SD can slow down your phone so if possible buy class6 sd or above.
If you have lots of apps moved to slow SD it will considerably increase boot time and lags...
hope I helped :)

Thanks Buddy will check this out.

Guys I have recently installed one app called Pomodoro. I need the screen to be active everytime. Is there any option which will ensure that my phone doesn't get locked. I see all of the options indicate the time in which phone gets locked. But none of the option has No time frame for phone locking.

amjath

Human Spambot
Thanks Buddy will check this out.

Guys I have recently installed one app called Pomodoro. I need the screen to be active everytime. Is there any option which will ensure that my phone doesn't get locked. I see all of the options indicate the time in which phone gets locked. But none of the option has No time frame for phone locking.

Use this app to select specific app to screen on always likes urs and browsers and books etc

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tni.KeepScreenLite

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
When do Android apps go on sale? I have been seeing so few sales. I remember sometime last year there was a sale where each Android app was for Rs 13. I have not seen that for so long. I have the app sale app installed but it reports very few sales. I have several apps on watch list.

.jRay.

Youngling
When do Android apps go on sale? I have been seeing so few sales. I remember sometime last year there was a sale where each Android app was for Rs 13. I have not seen that for so long. I have the app sale app installed but it reports very few sales. I have several apps on watch list.

On special occasions like 1billion downloads, anniversary etc

munnabhai

Broken In
Nexus 7 2013 and nexus 5 officially available on Google play store now.

*play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_7_16gb_2013&hl=en

noob

Cyborg Agent
Purchased 32 GB Nexus 5 black. And it says shipping from Singapore. Anyone here ordered one ?

Purchased from:
Google Asia Commerce Pte Ltd.
8 Marina View
Asia Square 1 #30-01
SG
Singapore

abhidev

Human Spambot
I am gonna help my friend buy one today... What is expected delivery date?

Ordered 2 Nexus 5 32gb for friends.... probably it will take 10 days for delivery

Last edited:

noob

Cyborg Agent
I am gonna help my friend buy one today... What is expected delivery date?

Ordered 2 Nexus 5 32gb for friends.... probably it will take 10 days for delivery

Mine says Leaves warehouse by 25 November 2013. and Delivery (2-7 business days):

Top Bottom