Official Android discussion thread

Minion

Conversation Architect
Guys any good free antivirus which is not so heavy on ram?

presently using Avast on huawei y300.

Bitdefender

Guys suggest an app that can turn off wifi /data automatically when not in use and/or i can set specific time periods during which they are to be disabled, i tried free versions of some battery saver apps from play but these features are only available in their paid versions. If anyone know of any free alternative kindly suggest

Try easy battery saver and use intelligent mode.

ankush28

Bazinga
whats the nexus phone gonna be called three years from now

Mmm imo N6 or N8....
may be they'll stop this method of giving name ... :D
Now concentrate on Nexus 5 which is about to launch soon(maybe 10days).

Guys any good free antivirus which is not so heavy on ram?

presently using Avast on huawei y300.

ok let me clear some points about AntiVirus on Android!!!
Since Android is made out of the linux platform, it really is hard to penetrate. Studies show that linux systems are almost impenetrable to viruses or malicious files than most phones that are not based on these system. In fact based on experience, I have never heard of an Android phone being "infected" that seriously. Well, who knows. Another factor is that, antivirus apps consume more battery life. It consumes 50% of battery life while on stand-by mode. It also makes the phone lag a bit since it is running even if you can't see it. It also lags start-up time since it takes a while to load.
I Am not in the favor of antivirus, Moreover I dont use Them ;)

Most of them are FAKE!!!

Whether you decide to install or not, it's yout choise :)

thanks to XDA-devs for huge explaination.. this is just small part!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I was wondering whether Nexus 7, 2012 model, (which is selling at 10k on FK), supports 3G.
Cause, at official page at Google play, 3G is mentioned, but not on FK. :?

So, no one knows if Nexus 7 tablet support 3G out of the box? I know it doesn't have SIM, so a dongle is needed. But forums at XDA is saying there are only handful of 3G dongles from Huawei which supports 3G, and that too with a lot of tweaks. (Source: [DEV] 3G Dongles - Huawei/ZTE GSM & CDMA - xda-developers).

If there is a limitation of 3G on Nexus 7, then I guess its not a lot of good deal, as the 10k deal is making it sound. :/

sksundram

In the zone
I was wondering whether Nexus 7, 2012 model, (which is selling at 10k on FK), supports 3G.
Cause, at official page at Google play, 3G is mentioned, but not on FK. :?

This one doesn't support 3g..3g is supported only by the 32gb model selling at around 16k

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^thanx

"If you only install apps from Google Play, you shouldn’t need an antivirus. However, if you regularly sideload apps from outside Google Play, you should probably install an antivirus app just to be safe"

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
This one doesn't support 3g..3g is supported only by the 32gb model selling at around 16k

Well, AFAIK, a device doesn't need 3G built in, to support 3G , if it can use OTG cable to use 3G dongles. Just like we dont have 3G in our PC's but they still can work on 3G with dongles (data cards).
So considering my previous post, do you think that's easily possible. Some Nexus 7 owner can surely help here. :p

sksundram

In the zone
Doesn't support 3g means there's no sim slot for 3g connection... In case you want to use a dongle...root it and download ppp widget from play store.. Simple as that

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
err.. road trip.. 5 day trip with family in a car.. with multiple pit stops, Point of Interest(POI) etc etc.. :)

Top Bottom