Official Android discussion thread

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even I was surprised at that. But I care less if the fones are priced correctly. I might consider to get any one of them. I'm expecting the X10 mini to be around 15k, honestly. This is a kind of fone Android really needs/needed.

Glad that they both have a microSD card and a 3.5mm jack. SE's usual handicaps are not there.

But I'm pretty sure that SE will come out with their upgrade for Android 2.x later.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
The SE X10 series shall be upgraded to a higher version eventually, but the difference as of no is minimal.Most of the basic features have been ported back to the older version and now the only thing that remains is the support for live wallpapers. Too much of a difference. :lol:

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
@sunny.... Maemo is awesome dude.. just forget resistive for a while.. its damn awesome.. it CAN multitask unlike the Mac products iFone and iTampon :D...

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

And regarding Symbian.. it will rise from the ashes as it is Open Sourced now.. more and more apps will be developed for it now.. just wait and watch...

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Symbian is now only good for non-touchscreen and VFM mobile fones IMHO.

Once cheaper Android mobile fones come out, I don't see Symbian being a major force. But Nokia will keep pushing it. Symbian needs a complete new overhaul.

Now we have also have Notion Ink ADAM, which beats the sh!t outta iPad and it is based on Android. - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124452

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Tnx a bunch m8. And how to conn Hero to my lappy and use Airtel MO. Internet tethering I mean. Browsing from lappy using Airtel from Hero.

*code.google.com/p/azilink/

This is for htc Magic but I would think you should already have the tether app on your system if you rooted it. Secondly the rest of the procedure should be similar.

@sunny.... Maemo is awesome dude.. just forget resistive for a while.. its damn awesome.. it CAN multitask unlike the Mac products iFone and iTampon :D...

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

And regarding Symbian.. it will rise from the ashes as it is Open Sourced now.. more and more apps will be developed for it now.. just wait and watch...
Maemo does look good but I'll wait for a phone with Capacitive touchscreen.

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
This is Non-Nexus build of Google Earth. However it would run only on Eclair (2.1) try it out you have Eclair. Pity I don't :(.

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Its def. a good buy. Best Samsung phone at that price point. However consider Galaxy Spica too i.e. i5700 before you take a decision.

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Hallelujah:razz:! Brand new Cyanogenmod ROM is here. I am downloading will post screenies later.

Changelog:

And now the good stuff:
* UNIVERSAL! Runs on both Dream and Magic 32B
* Based on Android 1.6, many bugfixes and enhancements from AOSP, XDA, and me
* Custom art and wallpapers from Prash
* Highly optimized kernel with many extra modules
* Enhanced ramdisk which uses optimal mount options and smart startup
* Includes E2FSProgs for checking and converting Ext filesystems
* Apps2SD is automatic! All you need is a second partition (ext).
* Launcher with 5 screens and auto-orientation and compact drawer layout
* 360 degree auto-orientation thanks to Optedoblivion
* System dex cache moved to /cache, and auto zipalign-on-install of apps
* Clean filesystem shutdown at poweroff/reboot, and fsck at boot (no FS corruption!)
* Includes Amazon MP3 store, and Work Email (MS Exchange support)
* Does not require "DangerSPL"
* Includes a massive APN list
* Maximum CPU scaling frequency set to 528MHz with latency tweaks
* Various enhancements to the Settings app including extra partition space
* System dex cache moved to /cache to save 30mb on /data
* Phone app enhancements by cytown
* MMS enhancements from rgv151
* FLAC audio support thanks to kroot
* Bluetooth OBEX support from Erin Yueh
* Contacts app enhancements by ChainsDD and Wysie
* USB tethering support (kernel code ported by Zinx)
* Commandline extras: bash, lsof, powertop, htop, nano, busybox
* Ability to lock home app in memory (control in Spare Parts app)
* Eclair graphics, apps, and other guts
* Multitouch browser and gallery
* Music and DeskClock apps from Eclair

*forum.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?/t...agic-v4215-03032010/page__p__1833&#entry1833?

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
*img517.imageshack.us/img517/4786/deviceu.png
*img689.imageshack.us/img689/7836/devicepp.png

Upgraded. Was about to post here but noticed that it already has been updated showing New CM Release. You can use the CyanogenMod Updater to update I believe but I just downloaded the kernel and the updated mod and applied it using recovery.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Another Nexus One - Google to launch features stripped N1 in India *ff.im/-gYaf9

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Nexus One will cost around Rs. 33,241/ in India which comes around 675 U.S. dollars.
No offense but thats ALOT of money. And when you buy anything for that kind of dough it better not be a stripped down version of anything.

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
No offense but thats ALOT of money. And when you buy anything for that kind of dough it better not be a stripped down version of anything.

Bang on!!! Then its not call selling its called fleecing ;).

BTW looks like you have dumped Amon_RA for good :).

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
BTW looks like you have dumped Amon_RA for good .
Aye , Amon Ra was very stable and fast but I prefer Cyanogen Mod for features I guess. Furthermore this update seems to make my phone much faster than the previous one. Im still goofing around with it but I think the main features are performance wise so theres nothing new to see settings wise.

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Heard a lot about this Super D ROM. Its Sunday; got some time today, so am gonna try it. Ciao!!! Will post screenies if it succeeds.

Edit: Flashed! This ROM screams on speed. Marked improvement over Cyanogen's. SuperD has all the goodies of Cyanogen's such as app2sd, updater etc. It comes with lots of Nexus tid-bits. Its easy to flash. If you have Magic; download the ROM and flash from SD & for G1, Danger SPL is required. Highly recommended!!!

Download

*img408.imageshack.us/img408/410/device2.png
*img411.imageshack.us/img411/8063/devicep.png
*img706.imageshack.us/img706/830/device3z.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom