"Nokia X6 questions here"

sujoyp

Grand Master
U can try Alternate reader from AlternateReader | Download AlternateReader software for free at SourceForge.net

U can set default as opera by

Main menu-settings-phone-application settings-default apps.-browsing internet

change web to opera:razz:

kelly

Broken In
U can try Alternate reader from AlternateReader | Download AlternateReader software for free at SourceForge.net

After doing the same settings i didn't found opera on the options, there is only web... so i didn't able to set opera as default web browser.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
It isn't possible to set opera mini as your default browser. For the application to appear in phone>application settings, the application needs to insert its entry there. But hardly any application does that. only opera mobile and quick office applications do that. but the strangest thing is, even after I set opera mobile as he default browser, all links open in the default browser itself. So the setting is basically useless. Forget about that.
However, if you are using x-plore (which you should try straightaway), you can change the default application used to open files based on extensions.

kaudey

Journeyman

Tried this, but when I select change for -> Main menu-settings-phone-application settings-default apps.-browsing internet, it shows me only one option: web. No other application is listed. Heelp :(

sujoyp

Grand Master
Tried this, but when I select change for -> Main menu-settings-phone-application settings-default apps.-browsing internet, it shows me only one option: web. No other application is listed. Heelp :(

did u install opera mobile in ur phone....it definitely shows the option
*lh5.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TGl_lgG5q0I/AAAAAAAAFbQ/Syp4zyR9QX0/s800/Scr000006.jpg

Its like this:smile:

kelly

Broken In
How is the battery life of X6? I am planning to buy one soon.

I found the power management on nokia phone specification very useful

• BL-5J 1320 mAh Li-Ion battery
  • Talk time
    • GSM up to 11 hours 30 mins
    • WCDMA up to 6 hours
  • Standby time
    • GSM up to 420 hours
    • WCDMA up to 450 hours
  • Video playback time (maximum): up to 4 hours 30 mins in H51nHD format at 25 fps
  • Video recording time: up to 3 hours 30 mins
  • Video call time: up to 2 hours 40 mins
  • Music playback time: up to 35 hours

kelly

Broken In
@ sujoyp
I tried so many times to set opera as default browser but i can't found any other application on the internet browsing setting, only web i can seen on it. need help???

sujoyp

Grand Master
@ sujoyp
I tried so many times to set opera as default browser but i can't found any other application on the internet browsing setting, only web i can seen on it. need help???

Even if u find that option, its useless...U just cant make opera default by that...as someone said before try x-plore:smile:..it have some option to change default applications

kaudey

Journeyman
Now I am having trouble with the maps :cry::cry::cry:. For some reason the GPS feature was not working properly, so I uninstalled OVI maps and nokia maps from the installed applications. But I could still see the "maps" icon in the main menu. Now I reinstalled ovi maps again, but I am unable to get it to connect to the internet now :-x:-x. As soon as I open the maps application it brings out a popup to select server settings, I select the internet as my GPRS provider and proceed, but it says "connection failed, please try later. Now I can see that, under Menu>Maps>settings>Internet only 'connection' is showing with a value online/offline. I remember seeing some other things also there, but they are not there anymore. can someone please help :wah::wah::wah:.

kaudey

Journeyman
I reset the phone to factory settings and it is working now :)). And yes, setting it to factory default will not delete any of your phone data...just the usual personalization goes away.

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
I am in two minds. I need to buy a phone soon. I was thinking of C6 and now since X6 8 gb has launched and the price difference between them is not much, i am confused. Should i go for X6 or wait for C6 which is due for early next month?

pawankhanna

Broken In
@ Sachin _kothari
Nokia X6 doesn't have virtual qwerty keyboard as compare nokia C6 have,also there are memory differences like Nokia X6 comes with 8GB, 16GB & 32 GB but Nokia C6 have 200MB internal memory and you can upgrade upto 16GB. Other then both have similar features....And nokia C6 will be launched in next month hopefully.

crapface

Broken In
Hi you guys, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can get smileys
for my X6. I thoroughly enjoyed them on my 6500 slide and my 6300. Can
anyone clue me in?

pawankhanna

Broken In
Hi you guys, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can get smileys
for my X6. I thoroughly enjoyed them on my 6500 slide and my 6300. Can
anyone clue me in?

If you want to use similes on your phone then you need to download and install smiley app on your phone you can download these apps from ovi store…. Hope this helps

kaudey

Journeyman
Can X6 be upgraded to Symbian^3 when it launches

I think (and hope) so. When I was buying mine, the nokia dealer told me something about some upgrade that is to be released soon at that time. Though, even I would like to get some info on it.

Top Bottom