"Nokia X6 questions here"

I'm very interested in buying this phone because I've heard good things about it's Capacitive Touchscreen. Anyone know how much it is here in India? Any Reviews or opinions on it?

raja2281

Journeyman
seems like the same symbian experience of 5800. only change here is capacitive touchscreen and higher internal memory of 16gb. read review on gsmarena. nothing exceptional to talk abt it i suppose.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Its not officially launched in India, but it is available in ebay and in grey market for some 18-20K.
But avoid it, its just a waste of money, nothing new apart from 5800 except the bumped up internal memory and Capacitive touch.

Only the 16GB model is confirmed for India, no date is finalized. Nokia is fcuked up with their product profile now. Currently all the so called High end phones from Nokia use ancient hardware and the soon to be extinct S60 Platform :p

Better stay away from those and look at other options :)

raja2281

Journeyman
its launched in india. its available at nokia priority dealers. i got an sms from them 2 days back.u can see the model there for first hand experience of the fone.

sujoyp

Grand Master
what confirmation do u want...its being sold in nagpur for 16500 at a prominent shop...I told u before

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Yep you were right, it is available for 16.8K with Nokia Priority Dealer, Phone is too small in flesh when compared to pics :p

Looking at the pricing, people going for 5800 may try this for 3K extra Phone.

sujoyp

Grand Master
people wont prefer X6 coz it dosnt give much above 5800...C6 is better with a qwerty keyboard at 14k

People have got bored with S60v5 anywayz:))

pawankhanna

Broken In
Capacitive touch screen is the best part of X6...and it comes with huge memory...so i think its rocking...i saw a dummy that looks nice...looking for purchase one but can't found in market...

sughreev

Broken In
Nokia X6 available with 35 hours of music playback support, this mobile performance built for the entertainment that combines an onboard memory of 32 GB in a compact design and a 3.2 inch touch screen. With its 16:9 widescreen ideal for viewing photos and videos and navigation, the Nokia X6 will delight lovers of music and social networking.

mohitsuri50

Broken In
I am going through a good review on this phone and i think according to this review we must to take a phone *www.gadgetvenue.com/nokia-x6-review-04164247/

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
^^ Different websites different conclusions brother :)
*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_x6-review-439p11.php

Think yourself if X6 is worth the amount considering the competition and dying Symbian OS.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Nokia X6 is a boon for Nokia loyalists and for others, it's **yawn**!

if one want Nokia phone and nothing else, X6 makes sense if budget is inside 17k.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Its high time Nokia did something about that dated look and feel of Symbian S60. But we should also think of the price point, no other company is offering phones with features like 5230 or 5800 at those prices, just because of the dated OS

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

BTW, X6 has 5 MP camera while 5800 has 3.2 MP

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Its high time Nokia did something about that dated look and feel of Symbian S60. But we should also think of the price point, no other company is offering phones with features like 5230 or 5800 at those prices, just because of the dated OS

BTW, X6 has 5 MP camera while 5800 has 3.2 MP

someone bring android within 10k. nokia will have to file for bankruptcy :mrgreen:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
That's something I really don't understand. iPhone & blackberry's are expensive cause a lot has gone into developing there UIs. But android is open source, then why are android phones so expensive?

Top Bottom