Nokia still a trusted brand in India.

Theodre

In the zone
How many trust India's own brand Micromax,Karbonn & LAVA ? :p

Dude, don't underestimate those names, you'll be amazed the way smartphones rate have increased because these guys are offering them at very affordable price!! Only we guys need those powerful phones with those dual-core processors!! :wink: Those guy's aren't going to root those droids nor are they gonna be into programming with it...

And watch out for micromax as their phones are preffered by youngsters nowadays than it was before!! And micromax is the 3rd largest manufacturer of mobile's in india :) (wiki it :) )
And do i prefer for a micromax?? I will and am planning to go for a micromax phone if am changing my budget from 20k to 10k :)

tkin

Back to school!!
Dude, don't underestimate those names, you'll be amazed the way smartphones rate have increased because these guys are offering them at very affordable price!! Only we guys need those powerful phones with those dual-core processors!! :wink: Those guy's aren't going to root those droids nor are they gonna be into programming with it...

And watch out for micromax as their phones are preffered by youngsters nowadays than it was before!! And micromax is the 3rd largest manufacturer of mobile's in india :) (wiki it :) )
And do i prefer for a micromax?? I will and am planning to go for a micromax phone if am changing my budget from 20k to 10k :)
Nuff said: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/169297-micromax-company-run-satan-himself.html

red dragon

Master troll
Don't want to start a flame war, but after a year of using Android, I'm left disillusioned by it. Far from the perfect mobile OS. For me, the biggest mistake of Nokia was to dump Meego. But no point lamenting on that anyway.

Ditto here!

Nokia is like a family member,I have sold off many high end smartphones(hd2,Galaxy S2,3gs...)within a year of purchase,but still have the good old 6600 tucked inside a drawer,and it still works like a champ in the time of need.
Awaiting price drop for Lumia 920.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Nuff said: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/169297-micromax-company-run-satan-himself.html

Warranty experience depends on how good the service center actually is.. not the fault of the entire company
Here in BBSR, a friend of mine just replaced a Micromax a70 (A really obsolete phone) to a Micromax Ninja 4.. for free.. and all it took was an hour
Even Rashi service isnt that bad here...(although I would still give a wide berth to any Rashi products)

Atleast MMX is actually trying to give us better phones in the low tier bracket unlike Samsung.. I dont care if it's chinese but I would prefer a Micromax canvas over a Galaxy Ace any day..
not being a fanboy but the truth is truth

Nokia on the other hand has one of the best service I have ever seen:).. but this "Nokia ka bharosa" wont give them their much needed share of the market for long

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Warranty experience depends on how good the service center actually is.. not the fault of the entire company
Here in BBSR, a friend of mine just replaced a Micromax a70 (A really obsolete phone) to a Micromax Ninja 4.. for free.. and all it took was an hour
Even Rashi service isnt that bad here...(although I would still give a wide berth to any Rashi products)

Atleast MMX is actually trying to give us better phones in the low tier bracket unlike Samsung.. I dont care if it's chinese but I would prefer a Micromax canvas over a Galaxy Ace any day..
not being a fanboy but the truth is truth

Nokia on the other hand has one of the best service I have ever seen:).. but this "Nokia ka bharosa" wont give them their much needed share of the market for long
I'll mail them today, see if they are willing to resolve this, else straight to CORE.

Hrishi

Gone are the days when smartphones were made to last 2-3 years even after heavy usage.The current trned demands a new cellphone every year.
Its a controversial point , but true in many aspect.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Dude, don't underestimate those names

I don't want to do that.
Even I want a 4" ISP 3G mobile under 4K.
Bur,as you all know Kolkata is famous for bad RMA experiences.
And these brand can make them worst I guess ?
If not I wanna see good examples.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Ditto here!

Nokia is like a family member,I have sold off many high end smartphones(hd2,Galaxy S2,3gs...)within a year of purchase,but still have the good old 6600 tucked inside a drawer,and it still works like a champ in the time of need.
Awaiting price drop for Lumia 920.

Same here. Never owned high end android products like you, just a simple Xperia Ray, which is going to my sis now. It was a good, petite phone, serving its purpose well. But for some reason I never grew too fond of it. There is just nothing to love in it, or in the OS. Waiting for icons to render completely in steps, for a second or two, after exiting from Temple run isnt exactly something that turns me on. Or the placing the blame on the manufacturer about not getting a proper update (available till ICS, but JB was out by then)
Mind you the 920 is not perfect, I have seen a few Nokia drive crashes, but there is much to love here. I dont know if you'd understand about the "joy of owning" but thats the only way I can describe it. Every little thing about it makes you feel a tiny bit special. Like the look on your SG3 toting friend's face when you can take a decent pic and he cannot outside that funky restaurant you just had your dinner in. It wont win any benchmarks, but you'll have a good pic, something to look back to. Something you can say about nearly every Nokia phone. One doesnt simply part with a Nokia phone unlike most of the other brands. I guess thats proof enough of popularity.

PS: Nokia fan here.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I realised something from this thread. There is one other reason apart from all other earlier mentioned ones that are responsible for the weak position of Nokia. The reason is Nokia itself. Many of Nokia users still use those phones to this day. They don't damn die to get replaced. If there is one other company that can be compared to Nokia, then it is, or rather was, Motorola. They were the pioneers in cellular tech and brought forward super designs like the RAZR, but they failed badly in marketing.

Top Bottom