Nokia still a trusted brand in India.

Any one would think that it's all over for Nokia now as far as the indian market is concrned but the brand trust report has something else to say. Nokia is among the top three most trusted brands in india and this is something which is very very good news for Nokia.
Check out the more details about the Brand Trust report here Nokia, Samsung India's most trusted brands: Report - The Times of India

audiophilic

Journeyman
Nokia has been trusted in India, because most Indians make Nokia. So nokia is not in india, india is nokia.. if that makes any sense :D

OP
navpreetsingh459

navpreetsingh459

Broken In
Nano rides in as India's Most Trusted four-wheeler car brand and among Consumer Products

that's a big surprise for me as well/.

Nokia has been trusted in India, because most Indians make Nokia. So nokia is not in india, india is nokia.. if that makes any sense :D

but If we take a look at the current position of Nokia in India, their market share have gone down by a huge margin in india and to still find Nokia in the top three is a big big surprise for me

audiophilic

Journeyman
that's a big surprise for me as well/.

but If we take a look at the current position of Nokia in India, their market share have gone down by a huge margin in india and to still find Nokia in the top three is a big big surprise for me

Think about it this way... Nokia is pretty old. Sometimes, market position does not matter. By the way, your link is not working for m!

tkin

Back to school!!
Yeah, it ought to be, had been using nokia forever, although our first cell was motorola, and it still works.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Yep, Nokia is trustworthy because of their legacy and well built hardware. Had a basic S40 phone during my college days, the kind of abuse it took and survived is not something to forget. And then a second-hand N70. Used to piss of the smartphone owners by dropping the phone on the floor intentionally and then asking them to do the same whenever I was told "My phone can do anything your N70 does and much much more". :) :D

tkin

Back to school!!
Its not just the hardware that makes a smartphone.
Nokia wasn't a software giant.
Are you kidding, before ios or android came Symbian ruled the roost, the first file managers, custom roms, advanced apps, games that used onboard GPU, it was all symbian. Nokia led the way, then faded out because of stupid marketing decisions.

Hrishi

Yep, Nokia is trustworthy because of their legacy and well built hardware. Had a basic S40 phone during my college days, the kind of abuse it took and survived is not something to forget. And then a second-hand N70. Used to piss of the smartphone owners by dropping the phone on the floor intentionally and then asking them to do the same whenever I was told "My phone can do anything your N70 does and much much more". :) :D
I had a Nokia 6630 ,(I mean I still have it , but its OS is obsolete.)
It was built like a Tank. I used to hit people with this phone in School days , haha.
One day it fell from Top of the building from my shirt-pocket. "The phone's body broke. Couldn't find a replacement easily. :(

Are you kidding, before ios or android came Symbian ruled the roost, the first file managers, custom roms, advanced apps, games that used onboard GPU, it was all symbian. Nokia led the way, then faded out because of stupid marketing decisions.

Compaed to Google(android) , I still think Nokia wasn't. / THough before Android came in , Symbian ruled the world. I was a big symbian fan (contributed in developmnent and translation of initial Chinese Symbian apps like TTpod and UCWeb , etc), but had to move on.
Owned almost every version of Symbian devices before Android.
Had Nokia N-Gage,
THen Nokia 6630 ,Nokia 3310, followed by N95 , and then C5 for a little while.

Stupid Marketing was definitely one of the major reasons for its downfall. No doubt.

saswat23

Human Spambot
May I know what was their stupid marketing decision(s)?

May I know what was their stupid marketing decision(s)?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
If nokia had gone the android route, then that would have been samsung's demise.. for me, this is their stupid marketing decisions

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I'm glad Nokia didnt take up the established path (android). Although I do feel bad seeing the way Meego was treated. That was a promising OS.

Top Bottom