Nokia Pure View official Indian price Revealed

gforz

Maximum GAME
That's a massive patent portfolio indeed and it's now the only weapon they have for fighting against their downfall.
My opinion :Nokia, get back to your roots ,start making rubber boots again!:p

Aerrow

Journeyman
^^+1.. who will want a 43 MP camera paired with belle os...:lol: but i am sure this phone would find a hoard of buyers for show off..

The technology, Pureview.. (google it for more info) has been in development by Nokia for sometime.. and it was developed on and for Symbian as it was the OS for all Nokia phones at that time period.. the switch to WP was a recent event and the technology is now being ported to WP... it wud have taken a lotta time for Nokia to release a WP with Pureview and they wanted to make a statement.. a quick one... thats what 808 is all abt.. a show off... a phone which is supposed to raise some eyebrows...

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
Lol.. check some facts before commenting on stuff u dont know abt mate... Meego was abandoned by none other than Nokia themselves.. they said the platform is dead.. they said N9 will be the only phone ever to be launched by Nokia with the same OS as they wanna adopt WP.. Check some reviews at gsmarena or any other popular websites to see what a giant leap N9 wud have been if properly backed up... when a company decides to abandon their own platform and ditch the OS and make copy cats of the same hardware design on other phones( read.. lumia 800), there is no wonder no1 else wud support it..

I am note supporting Pureview or Nokia here as symbian is long gone and WP is too Beta at the current stage to be of any use... but just pointing out some plain facts..

**Please** read my post again, I clearly said N9's Meego and N900's Maemo were abandoned by Nokia from Day 1 and not Intel or someone else
Lol they invest tonnes of money on a dead platform only to officially declare it as dead. They should learn from Samsung and the Bada OS.

If its lower than 25k(Which i highly doubt). even if it then Its Okay

The only way to make sales for Nokia is,
"Take the Nokia Pure View for free, we'll pay you 25k for taking the load off our shelves but you have to promise us that you'll buy the Nokia Poora View device coming soon with a price tag of 70k which will have a 100 GIGA PIXEL camera inside it."

Sorry Nokia, your rusty old Titanic has a BIG hole which you don't wish to patch up, surrender to Android :p

Aerrow

Journeyman
**Please** read my post again, I clearly said N9's Meego and N900's Maemo were abandoned by Nokia from Day 1 and not Intel or someone else
Lol they invest tonnes of money on a dead platform only to officially declare it as dead. They should learn from Samsung and the Bada OS.

When u say, "majority of Nokia's releases are abandoned from day 1", it does not point at the company bt at its customers...

Also, there is a difference between Maemo and Meego... Maemo was a stepping stone to Meego which was at that point supposed to be the next flagship of Nokia and was supported and praised abundantly... Its quite stupid actually.. They spent all the money on something that they dropped in mid air.. even a developer only phone was released just to make sure the end product will be perfect.. I agree with the samsung way.. they had both Android and Bada and they decided to go ahead with both... now Tizen is being tested and shows much promise.. :)

Anyways, leave it... :) As every1 does.. I wud blame Elop... :mrgreen:

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
When u say, "majority of Nokia's releases are abandoned from day 1", it does not point at the company bt at its customers...

Also, there is a difference between Maemo and Meego... Maemo was a stepping stone to Meego which was at that point supposed to be the next flagship of Nokia and was supported and praised abundantly... Its quite stupid actually.. They spent all the money on something that they dropped in mid air.. even a developer only phone was released just to make sure the end product will be perfect.. I agree with the samsung way.. they had both Android and Bada and they decided to go ahead with both... now Tizen is being tested and shows much promise.. :)

Anyways, leave it... :) As every1 does.. I wud blame Elop... :mrgreen:

I'm blaming serpent16 for this mess.
Here's an interview with a Nokia Chap and Funny question answers I found
Nokia 808 PureView in focus: Interview with D. Dinning - GSMArena.com

GSMArena: Is there something which ties this product with this particular operating system?
D. Dinning: In theory, no. When we started this project some time ago, it was initially a technology development, then it became a product development as well, and switching operating systems would have delayed deployment. Our thinking was that there's a lot of people out there with N8's, for example, who want a follow-up device, and we couldn't see any rational argument for not doing that. I think it's a really great smartphone.

Followup Device, LOL....should be Followup Fail ;)
If the device wasn't tied to the OS, they could have tried their hands on Android, it could have taken the whole world by storm and would have made Samsung, HTC and other Android giants sweat in their pants.

GSMArena: Does PureView technology help in any way with image stabilization, in video for example?
D. Dinning: We do have a digital stabilizer for video, which we are still tuning at the moment. We had to modify the algorithm a little bit, but otherwise there weren't any additional significant challenges for us, other than, obviously, handling many more pixels.

GSMArena: Is it actually working on the units demoed at the booth?
D.Dinning: Not very well at this stage. It's one of the last things we are going to tune.

We don't expect it to work either, we'll just sell the device and let the audience buy it and hope they don't start nagging about it, if they do we'll find someone to shift the blame on

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
I cant understand what target audience is Nokia having in mind.Who would pay a plastic snapper phone 30K???:shock:Nokia is getting it all wrong.:cry:
There are people out there who paid 60k+ for iPhone 4S when Galaxy SII was being sold for 28k, Note for 31k, RAZR for 31k. So there are people out there, trust me.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
There are people out there who paid 60k+ for iPhone 4S when Galaxy SII was being sold for 28k, Note for 31k, RAZR for 31k. So there are people out there, trust me.

Yeah there are, have seen guys paying 2.5x price for a phone that'll be available in India in a few weeks only to show off by saying "Look, I have the new toy which you cannot buy anywhere"

I'd like to know who on TDF is buying this device?

gforz

Maximum GAME
I believe Nokia is not making pureview for only some of its esteemed customers but a far larger audience,So would Pureview appeal to everyone interested in buying a smartphone under 30K?
Yes, some people here and there ,but would that make any sense to Nokia at large?

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
I believe Nokia is not making pureview for only some of its esteemed customers but a far larger audience,So would Pureview appeal to everyone interested in buying a smartphone under 30K?
Yes, some people here and there ,but would that make any sense to Nokia at large?

Oh come on man, even if this phone is priced at 22k with the legendary 41MP Camera, the OS and the Screen Res are a MAJOR setback.

If someone had 22k to buy a phone, he'd obviously buy an android phone, there are a few under the price tag that have an 8MP Camera which is more than enough for casual snappers, if Nokia thinks their USP is the 41MP Camera, ask yourself a question, would you buy a Cannon/Nikon/Olympus Professional Camera @ 22k or buy a Phone with a 4inch screen and symbian OS just because it has a 41MP Camera and glows in the dark?

An average Joe is happy with a 5-12MP Camera which he can snap and slap it on facebook/twitter get some likes and comments and someone looking for a 41MP Camera is not an Average Joe :cool:.

Imagine Discovery's wildlife photographers dumping their Cannon's and Nikon's for this toy?

Something to think upon~

gforz

Maximum GAME
Rightly said @montsa007,even Nokia Fanboys will stay away from Pureview:mrgreen:.
Anyone who still feels something positive about Pureview please suggest something good that even we can change our minds:razz: !!

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
Rightly said @montsa007,even Nokia Fanboys will stay away from Pureview:mrgreen:.
Anyone who still feels something positive about Pureview please suggest something good that even we can change our minds:razz: !!

You missed out a HUGE point man,

Anyone who still feels something positive about Pureview please suggest something good that even we can change our minds:razz: provided the phone is sponsored by you!!

On a funny note, I don't expect someone to say "The good point is that it glows in the dark"

Aerrow

Journeyman

There r buyers for everything... And yeah.. there r Indians who care abt numbers... I have seen a guy asking someone who had a Galaxy s2... "what? this is only 8MP? I heard Nokia is making better phones with 12MP... don't samsung have better phones with 12MP..."

Numbers do matter to a lotta indians.. though the group is coming down hugely.. there r still a few nevertheless..

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
There r buyers for everything... And yeah.. there r Indians who care abt numbers... I have seen a guy asking someone who had a Galaxy s2... "what? this is only 8MP? I heard Nokia is making better phones with 12MP... don't samsung have better phones with 12MP..."

Numbers do matter to a lotta indians.. though the group is coming down hugely.. there r still a few nevertheless..

Those are called as n00bs by people who are into tech :twisted:.
Maybe someone can sell them a 100 Megapixel camera phone with Symbian Series 40 and 20MB Onboard Memory with no expansion slot for the price of a Rolls Royce's Tyre.

Mind you the Tyre is damn costly.

Still wanting to know who has fallen head over heels over this toy.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
I'm blaming serpent16 for this mess.
Here's an interview with a Nokia Chap and Funny question answers I found
Nokia 808 PureView in focus: Interview with D. Dinning - GSMArena.com

GSMArena: Is there something which ties this product with this particular operating system?
D. Dinning: In theory, no. When we started this project some time ago, it was initially a technology development, then it became a product development as well, and switching operating systems would have delayed deployment. Our thinking was that there's a lot of people out there with N8's, for example, who want a follow-up device, and we couldn't see any rational argument for not doing that. I think it's a really great smartphone.

Followup Device, LOL....should be Followup Fail ;)
If the device wasn't tied to the OS, they could have tried their hands on Android, it could have taken the whole world by storm and would have made Samsung, HTC and other Android giants sweat in their pants.

GSMArena: Does PureView technology help in any way with image stabilization, in video for example?
D. Dinning: We do have a digital stabilizer for video, which we are still tuning at the moment. We had to modify the algorithm a little bit, but otherwise there weren't any additional significant challenges for us, other than, obviously, handling many more pixels.

GSMArena: Is it actually working on the units demoed at the booth?
D.Dinning: Not very well at this stage. It's one of the last things we are going to tune.

We don't expect it to work either, we'll just sell the device and let the audience buy it and hope they don't start nagging about it, if they do we'll find someone to shift the blame on

dafuq :D

ritvij

rated R
Those are called as n00bs by people who are into tech :twisted:.
Maybe someone can sell them a 100 Megapixel camera phone with Symbian Series 40 and 20MB Onboard Memory with no expansion slot for the price of a Rolls Royce's Tyre.

Mind you the Tyre is damn costly.

Still wanting to know who has fallen head over heels over this toy.

:lol::lol: +100.. my friend said he is going to buy it the day it releases.. he told me it will wash my iPhone 3gs out.. i was like...:facepalm::facepalm::aaargh:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
:lol::lol: +100.. my friend said he is going to buy it the day it releases.. he told me it will wash my iPhone 3gs out.. i was like...:facepalm::facepalm::aaargh:

such kind of people are know as anti-forum guys. they pick of bits & pieces of info from indian tech mag and make up their own theory. and even if they end up with a piece of crap, they'll talk thrash in such a way it makes you feel he knows everything and is the editor of anandtech or some great tech site :|

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
The worst part is the display resolution, its crap.
Also majority of Nokia's releases are abandoned from day 1.
The much talked about Meego OS (Nokia N9, collaboration with Intel) is nowhere to be seen, Maemo (Nokia N900, N810, N800 and N770) has vanished completely.

I wonder with Ninja's like Galaxy S3, HTC One Series will Nokia's Pureview have any takers?

There are more people then you can imagine who will prefer 808 over any other phone.

The worst part is People will see that it has a 41 MP Camera and buy it.
This cell is not good at all as you all say resolution is crap i agree.But so many people out there dont think of these things.
The people are like these:
Go to shop>say the mobile name>Listen to the crap the shopkeeper says>buy a nokia pureview when he says it has a good camera

There are people who stil regard nokia as the best.I agree nokia has the best build and maybe hardware to.
But nokia has the Worst software and sometimes it overprices stuff.
Gone are the days of 2010 when n8 sold like anything AFAIK!
Some people even think that Nokia runs android :facepalm: .

Nokia fans instead of spending 30k for a vanila Mobile for a good camera.Cant they get a DSLR camera?
Or they just want to show off that my mobile has a 41 MP camera?Or save a but more and get the sony xperia or htc one

Please suggest a DSLR which one can fit in pocket easily for 20k, as rest of 808's specs should cost 10k atleast. And ofc should be less than 200g so one can swing it around and showoff all day.

Top Bottom