"No show" of HDD in BIOS

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
Hi,

At my workplace HDD of one of machine have crashed. It has project related important data. It is not getting detected in Disk Management, Diskpart -> List Disk. In BIOS, i can see entry of SATA port#. But it just says 0.0MB; not even model number of HDD.

I guess this HDD have crashed. How can i recover data from it ? I want to recover ~80GB from D Drive of it.

If at all I need to use a Recovery Service, what could be approx cost for it ?

Regards.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
This link list all the tools packed in hiren boot CD:Hiren's BootCD 15.1 - All in one Bootable CD » www.hiren.info
You will need to use the tools listed under HDD Tools
But AFAIK there are no tools in Hiren CD for data recovery.
Most of them are for surface testing,benchmarking,monitoring,diagnostic and formatting.
Check if this works:
*www.emergingtechs.com/posts/how-to-recover-data-from-a-crashed-hard-drive/
Read it carefully.!

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Op can't do much here if the HDD is is not detecting at all ... he should cosult some professional data recovery service 0 the only one I can recommend is this :
Data Recovery Services in India for Hard Disk, Server, File - Data Recovery Services

OP
V

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
The HDD is getting power but in BIOS no model number or any capacity thing is getting displayed. It just says "SATA 1 : 0.0MB".

How much professional data recovery service charge ?

Flake

Linux User
The HDD is getting power but in BIOS no model number or any capacity thing is getting displayed. It just says "SATA 1 : 0.0MB".

How much professional data recovery service charge ?

Before contacting any professional, I would suggest you to try Linux. Boot up from LiveCD of any Linux distro and execute fdisk -l command in Terminal. Check if it detect your Hard disk.

If it detects Hard disk then its really easy to restore Partition Table, fix other errors and recover data.

In case you don't have any Linux LiveCD, download PartedMagic LiveUSB or CD. PartedMagic is one of the Must Have CD/USB everyone should have.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
I think Op can't do much here if the HDD is is not detecting at all ... he should cosult some professional data recovery service 0 the only one I can recommend is this :
Data Recovery Services in India for Hard Disk, Server, File - Data Recovery Services

@op listen to topgear
Data Recovery Tools will work if the system detects the HDD. If system is not detecting the HDD then consult a data recovery service.
They will recover data by removing the platers.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - these will give you an idea about pricing and may even save you some big bucks :

How much does data recovery cost?

Data Recovery Service Price Guide

OP
V

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
I have contacted Stellar Information Systems. They have given one form to fill and handover HDD to them for 1 Business day so they can check possibilities of data recovery and give quotation accordingly. Thanks guys.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
don't forget to post the follow ups .. we would like to know about it .. it may be helpful to many.

Top Bottom