No sending more than 100 SMS per day from September 27

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Guys am registered fully blocked in DND long back.

But during ICICI net banking, i was not receiving OTP(one time password) messages.I had to send an sms to number to get it.Is it because of this regulation?.Am not sure , i tried only once yesterday.

Anyone else receiving OTP msg while ICICI net banking normally?

Also this bsnl has increased sms rate from 1p/sms to 3p/sms...hmmmm

how do you register on DND??How do u fully block it??Does it mean no spam smses as well??Can u help out...although since the 100 sms limit,i have just received 1 spam message..so i am glad...

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
how do you register on DND??How do u fully block it??Does it mean no spam smses as well??Can u help out...although since the 100 sms limit,i have just received 1 spam message..so i am glad...

I was a reliance user at first...so start Dnd or start 0 to 1909...makes ur no fully blocked in dnd.Then i ported to bsnl :razz:

But this
*pcpr.bsnl.co.in/
doesn work for my other bsnl no which is not ported.Even though i tried many times.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
lol..if u used to send more than 100 SMSes per day..let me tell u that u have no life.

dont worry..this limit will be dealt with in the civilized india of the future where people know what sms are for.

get whatsapp for your mobile and a 2g monthly plan. enjoy yourself. dont disturb the civilized people of this uncivilized country.

i wish all these smsiya, orkuttiya, facebookiya and twittiya 'addicts' are sent to some other country of their own...a remote island would be a nice place. idiots all of them.

Lol, i wonder how do you read my mind :-|

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
This will not help curb spamming. They should atleast block free SMS sites which seem to be main trouble makers.

Krow

Crowman
^Jumping to conclusions? I haven't got a single advertising/spamming message since the limit was imposed. I used to get three to six every day.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I had stopped using Airtel because I used to get around 10. The number was very old.

Haven't received any till date in both Airtel and MTNL. Same is the case with my father.

anisha_astrologer

Right off the assembly line
this is step has two sides to it. it is good for it will prohibit companies from sending spam messages multiple times a day. but it is a bit problematic for students and others who had a habit of sending numerous messages to their family members and friends.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
As far as my experience, this decision meant nothing to me. Neither I send 100+ msgs a day(earlier 1000 were less :p ), nor the bloody spams are coming lesser. The change is just that even company msgs are coming in coded sender name. so now i have to read to actually delete them. Previously i used to delete any specific site spam without opening. The count has although decreased by a bit though, just a bit.. :(

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
I still receive messages from my network provider with their set of schemes
Loop Mobile needs to ramp up :(

Sarath

iDota
Why isn't DND working for some people here? You can file a complaint and get it sorted.
Its amazing how I don't receive any spam anymore to the point that I have started to miss some.

Now unregistered spammers are outside the purview of DND since they are, well, not registered, their SMSes are not blocked, Hence this move is like an icing on the cake for it finally covers the grey area. LM, TM etc codes are all supposed to be under DND. Check your DND status again.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yay...!! Finally :D

After drawing flak from all corners, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has reportedly decided to raise the limit of 100 SMS per day per SIM to 200 SMS per day per SIM. The new cap comes into effect from today. The monthly limit of sending SMS has also been raised from 3,000 to 6,000 per month.

TRAI raises SMS limit to 200 per - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit News

Top Bottom