'Nirbhaya' case convict interviewed in jail (in 2013)

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Excerpts

New Delhi: Delhi Police on Tuesday registered an FIR in connection with a controversial interview of a convict in the December 16 gang-rape case while also saying that it would move court to seek a restrain order its airing.
Although nobody has been named in the FIR, Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi maintained that the "main actor" is the person who has made these assertions and urged the media not to broadcast any assertion which transgresses the domain of law.
In the interview conducted by British filmmaker Leslee Udwin and BBC, Mukesh Singh, the driver of the bus in which the 23-year-old paramedical student was brutally gangraped by six men on December 16, 2012, said women who went out at night had only themselves to blame if they attracted the attention of gangs of male molesters.

"A girl is far more responsible for rape than a boy," he had said. Singh also said that had the girl and her friend not tried to fight back, the gang would not have inflicted the savage beating, which led to her death later.

Source

Dec 16 gang-rape convict interview: Delhi Police registers FIR | Zee News

- - - Updated - - -

timeline of events (not contained in the source-article):

1. permission sought by BBC from Tihar jail authorities & the MHA in June/July 2013
2. nod given by the Tihar jail DG Vimala Mehra and interview conducted in Oct. 2013
3. the MHA notified in Feb. 2014 (not clear to me yet if permission was sought from the MHA earlier or not)

the congress/UPA is jumping up and down asking the govt. to find out who gave the permission, but let's see the reaction when it will be clear after a day (a report has been sought by officials of the MHA by Mr. Rajnath Singh within 24hrs).

the ex-DG of Tihar jail, Ms. Vimala Mehra has had her stint with controversies. there are mixed things told about her:

prison-reforms

curtailment of prisoners' rights

and else

about the interviewee, the less written the better. atleast now the President should act quick on his pending clemency application/appeal!

Last edited:

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
No amount of logic can ever explain the existence of society's scum still lying around, rotting in jail (what a way to waste resources)

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
contrarily, there are some who can & would argue at length against the idea of doing away with such scumbags; the arguments range from advocating 'harsher punishment by way of lifelong captivity than death', to 'humanism'.

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
"About 20 per cent of girls are good"

Wow he has statistics. Did he perform a survey of the girls he raped?!!

Scumbag Lowlife!

ashs1

Padawan
why is this guy not hanged yet ?? he has been accussed of the crime..he has been found guilty..this just shows how weak our judicial system is. :( :-x

I can't imagine the mental agony that nirbhaya's parents are going through..

Hopefully, this sick confession fastracks the sentencing.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
i think in the excitement at the prospect of appearing on TV he got all 'swelled up', shooting squalor from his upper drainhole at every opportunity.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
If the so called Judiciary system is weak enough to kill these scumbags,why not castrate and make them impotent for life long.....?????????????????

$hadow

Geek in making
Just do it like it is done in other countries. And I would say do those things in front of the public to make other fear of what could happen if they did such a ill thing.

meet6600

Broken In
Also point to note is the statements of lawyers who are defending this scumbag which are present just next to this article in TOI. Indian Judicial System, I have no words....

meet6600

Broken In
"Defence lawyers blame Nirbhaya"
Heading Page 3. Feeling ridiculous and depressed to know how people think of women even in legislation.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
What are your views on BBC about to show the documentary in few hours? Why is it such a big deal? Is BBC endorsing rapes by showing the guy's interview?
On the contrary I believe the documentary would just be trying to see the phycology of the rapist. Why such huge cries by female protesters?

icebags

Technomancer
i dont really understand what is the rage over this interview. committed the baddest of crimes does not mean they have no right to talk or express their thought.

even in china, some death row inmates get chance to give their interview a week or two before they are hanged or shot, some say they regret their action, some say they don't. and i think they broadcast these interviews in their national channels once in a while.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
- govt. is saying that the permission for documentary-filming was sought on the pretense of doing 'research', and that conditions were violated (not clear yet); the Parliament had urged BBC y'day not to broadcast it (a diplomatic msg hidden?!)

- women and women's rights group, etc. are putting forth the argument that the broadcast of the interview on public-scale would reinforce the mindset of (budding) psychopaths watching the film. on one account, i can agree that atleast one idea that mukesh spouts, that 'now rapists won't leave girls alive after committing the crime as they would not risk being arrested by not doing that' can be dangerous to show, and atleast that could've been withheld. but too late now.

P.S. - a funny thing amidst all this; these women and groups who cry hoarse on allowing freedom of this-and-that and that freedom should be/is absolute, something seems to be coming full circle to them, although they may not be so much aware of it yet amidst the furore.

- - - Updated - - -

meanwhile:

*vine.co/v/O0pOQ0VJbEw

icebags

Technomancer
- govt. is saying that the permission for documentary-filming was sought on the pretense of doing 'research', and that conditions were violated (not clear yet); the Parliament had urged BBC y'day not to broadcast it (a diplomatic msg hidden?!)

- women and women's rights group, etc. are putting forth the argument that the broadcast of the interview on public-scale would reinforce the mindset of (budding) psychopaths watching the film. on one account, i can agree that atleast one idea that mukesh spouts, that 'now rapists won't leave girls alive after committing the crime; they would not want to be arrested' can be dangerous to show, and atleast that could've been withheld. but too late now.

P.S. - a funny thing amidst all this; these women and groups who cry hoarse on allowing freedom of this-and-that and that freedom should be/is absolute, something seems to be coming full circle to them, although they may not be so much aware of it yet amidst the furore.

often we forget price of Freedom is not Free. When we want to have freedom, we are supposed to give it as well.

in a democratic world, everybody has right to speak, as much as the society has the right to punish the wrong doers.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
for undertrials, such rights could be reserved or withheld. dont know what the judiciary & the jail manuals prescribe on this.
apparently, the govt. is investigating (or has investigated) why was the permission given, and the police is investigating whether the content is unlawful or not. although the cuckoo has flown away now! work may be on to prohibit broadcast in India, on the net too. should be clear tomorrow.
conditional permission is/was allowed, but not yet clear what those conditions were. seems again that it was sought deceptively.

some good things that could come out from the broadcast of the documentary are, perhaps it will help mobilise and strengthen public and govt. opinion on this issue, bring more awareness, expedite the processing of the clemency plea & hasten the due process of punishment.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
And yet again, the people of this country miss the forest for the bushes. The real outrage should be over the fact that this piece of **** is still alive on our tax money for over a year.

$hadow

Geek in making
We pay for this taxes for this crap. I mean put our taxes to better use like starting early preparation for the diseases such as swine flu.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
BBC's Documentary "India's Daughter"'s creator is forced to leave India fearing arrest because the government believes that it is some form of international defamation conspiracy.

India’s Daughter: BBC brings forward airing of Delhi rape documentary | Media | The Guardian

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
had thought that it will hasten the process of punishment in the judiciary and calls for swift justice in such cases and harsh laws/punishment would echo resoundingly, but for now, seems a cockerel-chase is on.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The documentary is banned in India now. They are trying to get it banned everywhere else as well. Youtube has already blocked it on courts order.

*i.imgur.com/YVLUtd0.jpg

Top Bottom