Nintendo vs. Sony vs, Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

heidi2521

Padawan
Whom do you like? Who do you hate?

I think Nintendo is the best due to their awesome first party library and the third party exclusives they manage to snag. I also like the facts they are willing to experiment with their consoles/games. I also like them because they rescued Bayonetta 2 and Lego City: Undercover from cancellation and development hell.

Sony is also ok in my books, mainly because of the massive third party support they get. I have nothing for or against the company itself.

M$ on the other hand, i despise. They charging for online play, shitty policies stating Xbox first or simultaneous with other platforms, lack of any FP IPs I'm interested in and the rabid 12 yr old dudebro crowd they attract(Sony has no shortage of them though).

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
you won't get much replies ;-)
This forum is mainly crowded with Pirate PC Fanboys,they dont care about sony,ninty or "Micro$hit"
Anyways, let the endangered ps3 fanboys take it away from here. :rolleyes:

If it was Intel vs AMD vs Nvidia though.......................................................................
then
:hammer::bandanafighter::sniper::flamethrower::newgun::sword::enforcer::enforcer2::machinegun2::lightsabre::wwe::argue::2subs::ninjafight::fencing::machinegun::mallet::hitman::fc_bat:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Another PC first guy here, who only prefers sony consoles and every nintendo console before the Wii :D

Sony has awesome FP titles, and so does nintendo (pokemon, mario, zelda being the most common names). I like how nintendo innovates with everything, but I can't say I'm too pleased with their recent innovations. For me, the second screen on the WiiU is a distraction. The only real benefit I see is when 2 players want to play together, or when the TV cannot be turned on.
If instead they had made the GamePad an optional add-on, I could consider it. I don't like extensive motion gaming (occasional accelerometer use is OK), which defeats the purpose of me getting a Wii, and I don't like 3D, which defeats the purpose of me getting a 3DS. Just because of Pokemon X & Y, I might consider getting a 3DS but that's a pipe dream at present.

Microshaft is probably the only company whose console I despise. They make you pay for everything, from patches, to updates, to multiplayer, to a netflix surcharge in the name of Xbox live subscriptions. Maybe if they fixed their pay wall, I could consider their console in future. Not gonna happen any time now though.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Another PC first guy here, who only prefers sony consoles and every nintendo console before the Wii :D

Sony has awesome FP titles, and so does nintendo (pokemon, mario, zelda being the most common names). I like how nintendo innovates with everything, but I can't say I'm too pleased with their recent innovations. For me, the second screen on the WiiU is a distraction. The only real benefit I see is when 2 players want to play together, or when the TV cannot be turned on.
If instead they had made the GamePad an optional add-on, I could consider it. I don't like extensive motion gaming (occasional accelerometer use is OK), which defeats the purpose of me getting a Wii, and I don't like 3D, which defeats the purpose of me getting a 3DS. Just because of Pokemon X & Y, I might consider getting a 3DS but that's a pipe dream at present.

Microshaft is probably the only company whose console I despise. They make you pay for everything, from patches, to updates, to multiplayer, to a netflix surcharge in the name of Xbox live subscriptions. Maybe if they fixed their pay wall, I could consider their console in future. Not gonna happen any time now though.

Ok,thats exaggeration...

OP
H

heidi2521

Padawan
I like how nintendo innovates with everything, but I can't say I'm too pleased with their recent innovations. For me, the second screen on the WiiU is a distraction. The only real benefit I see is when 2 players want to play together, or when the TV cannot be turned on.

You sound like a person who has never really used the gamepad. Asymmetric multiplayer is awesome. Nintendo land is one of the best local multiplayer experiences i've had in a long time. Takemaru's Ninja Castle shows how the screen isn't really a distraction and can be used well in single player. Having maps and inventory on the second screen is great, it keeps your experience smooth and doesn't interrupt it. The gamepad can also be used as a non intrusive communicator.

Having inventory and party management on the gamepad has made MH3U so much better than Tri. No more going through a long list of items to locate that one thing you need at that very moment. It is just two taps away.

Many wii games have terrible motion control, but it is a bit too much to dismiss it all. Skyward Sword makes the entire console worth it. Then you have other games which wouldn't work without motion/pointers like Madworld, Super Mario Galaxy and No More Heroes. Seriously, pointer shooters are awesome. Metroid Prime, Sin and Punishment and RE4 show how it can be used in shooters.

3D, although not integral, when done right can make a game so much better to look at. I find it annoying to set the slider to 2D in SM3DL OoT 3D now.

The main problem is that whenever 3rd parties see Nintendo's innovations, they decide that they have to shoehorn it into the game, rather than letting it be an enhancement for the gameplay. Some of Nintendo's own titles for the Wii don't use motions/pointers(Radiant Dawn, The Last Story). They understand that it should be used where possible, but not shoehorned.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Ok,thats exaggeration...

I know. But they do charge devs $10k to release an update.

You sound like a person who has never really used the gamepad. Asymmetric multiplayer is awesome. Nintendo land is one of the best local multiplayer experiences i've had in a long time. Takemaru's Ninja Castle shows how the screen isn't really a distraction and can be used well in single player. Having maps and inventory on the second screen is great, it keeps your experience smooth and doesn't interrupt it. The gamepad can also be used as a non intrusive communicator.

Having inventory and party management on the gamepad has made MH3U so much better than Tri. No more going through a long list of items to locate that one thing you need at that very moment. It is just two taps away.

Many wii games have terrible motion control, but it is a bit too much to dismiss it all. Skyward Sword makes the entire console worth it. Then you have other games which wouldn't work without motion/pointers like Madworld, Super Mario Galaxy and No More Heroes. Seriously, pointer shooters are awesome. Metroid Prime, Sin and Punishment and RE4 show how it can be used in shooters.

3D, although not integral, when done right can make a game so much better to look at. I find it annoying to set the slider to 2D in SM3DL OoT 3D now.

The main problem is that whenever 3rd parties see Nintendo's innovations, they decide that they have to shoehorn it into the game, rather than letting it be an enhancement for the gameplay. Some of Nintendo's own titles for the Wii don't use motions/pointers(Radiant Dawn, The Last Story). They understand that it should be used where possible, but not shoehorned.

Other than maybe for pokemon, I do not buy consoles for a single game. And while I agree with the point in bold, it is in the end the consumer whose money the devs take. So even though Nintendo isn't to blame, the consumer is not going to look at that-their wallet is on the line. So if the consumer does not see enough potential value from a console, then he won't be a release month buyer.

Flash

Lost in speed
Guys, focus on the FUN part of the game - in whatever you're playing.
Leave the FIGHT to the respective companies!!

Period.

OP
H

heidi2521

Padawan
Didn't polytron say that they won't patch Fez because of MS's fee? TBF Sony charges patching, updating fees too. All in the name of certification. Nintendo did do that earlier, but apparent now they have waived the fee, at least for indies. Valve had said something like they don't patch/update their games as often on consoles because of the certification process.Thats why hey prefer to just dump a whole collection of updates at once.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
this is a totally subjective question which depends on your taste. but i've been a nintendo and sony fan since i was born. So i support them both, havent played nintendo for a long time ....

if i were to choose one, it would be sony. SONY has been delivering every time, with the ps1 - metal gear and gran turismo then the ps2 bam metal gear and gran turismo again, with the ps3 fiasco sony turned around the console in profit which was quite a feat. The fact is that SONY is for the gamers... wether you are the serious / casual type it has something for everyone. I'm old school and once in a while motion gaming is okay but i prefer to stick with a controller.

in one line - "SONY is at the heart of gamers what a GeForce2 ultra is to a pc user"

Last edited:
OP
H

heidi2521

Padawan
I know. But they do charge devs $10k to release an update.

Other than maybe for pokemon, I do not buy consoles for a single game. And while I agree with the point in bold, it is in the end the consumer whose money the devs take. So even though Nintendo isn't to blame, the consumer is not going to look at that-their wallet is on the line. So if the consumer does not see enough potential value from a console, then he won't be a release month buyer.

Well, Nintendo does release enough awesome games to justify their consoles. According to Iwata Asks interviews, they have even modified in development consoles for the games that are being developed for it rather than modify the game for the console. Considering Nintendo's consoles are always cheaper than their competition and the fact that they have some of the best franchises and developers, the damage to the wallet

this is a totally subjective question which depends on your taste. but i've been a nintendo and sony fan since i was born. So i support them both, havent played nintendo for a long time ....

if i were to choose one, it would be sony. SONY has been delivering every time, with the ps1 - metal gear and gran turismo then the ps2 bam metal gear and gran turismo again, with the ps3 fiasco sony turned around the console in profit which was quite a feat. The fact is that SONY is for the gamers... wether you are the serious / casual type it has something for everyone. I'm old school and once in a while motion gaming is okay but i prefer to stick with a controller.

in one line - "SONY is at the heart of gamers what a GeForce2 ultra is to a pc user"

Well get a Nintendo console and join in the fun. Right now the 3DS has an awesome library which makes the console worth it. If you have the cash you should consider getting a Wii U. You can catch up on all the awesome Wii titles you may have missed and play Wii U games like Nintendoland, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, NSMBU, Lego City Undercover etc. Bayonetta 2 and The Wonderful 101 are two Platinum Games games being developed for the Wii U that show real promise. X by Monolith Soft should be awesome( A game with amazing music, massive scale, giant transforming mechs decapacitating dinosaurs by the creators of Baten Kaitos and Xenoblade Chronicles? Sign me up).

Metal Gear(except revengeance) and GT don't mean much to me, so i can't comment on them, but Sony Smash Bros. and Sony Franchise Kart don't hold a candle to the original Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Well, Nintendo does release enough awesome games to justify their consoles. According to Iwata Asks interviews, they have even modified in development consoles for the games that are being developed for it rather than modify the game for the console. Considering Nintendo's consoles are always cheaper than their competition and the fact that they have some of the best franchises and developers, the damage to the wallet

Well get a Nintendo console and join in the fun. Right now the 3DS has an awesome library which makes the console worth it. If you have the cash you should consider getting a Wii U. You can catch up on all the awesome Wii titles you may have missed and play Wii U games like Nintendoland, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, NSMBU, Lego City Undercover etc. Bayonetta 2 and The Wonderful 101 are two Platinum Games games being developed for the Wii U that show real promise. X by Monolith Soft should be awesome( A game with amazing music, massive scale, giant transforming mechs decapacitating dinosaurs by the creators of Baten Kaitos and Xenoblade Chronicles? Sign me up).

Metal Gear(except revengeance) and GT don't mean much to me, so i can't comment on them, but Sony Smash Bros. and Sony Franchise Kart don't hold a candle to the original Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart.

ive had nintendo consoles from the original game boy, to the nintendo DS ....and ive played the classics like legend of zelda, mario kart and pokemon.. ive had my fair share of the Wii. but i think ill stick to the ps4 / pc now. :)

OP
H

heidi2521

Padawan
Wii U Pro controller :)

TBF, he said "If instead they had made the GamePad an optional add-on, I could consider it." not "If instead they had made a normal controller an optional add-on, I could consider it."

Knowing him though, there is probably nothing Nintendo could do to redeem themselves other than play Microsoft's and Sony's game which would certainly kill Nintendo because they don't have a giant electronics/software division which could prop them up in the initial years when they take heavy losses.

OP
H

heidi2521

Padawan
Found these hilarious gifs and i thought they were kinda' relevant to this thread. Nintendo PWNs.

*imageshack.us/a/img16/8297/oekcg.gif

*imageshack.us/a/img849/6673/hmnas.gif

*imageshack.us/a/img15/2175/iwatabomba.gif

*www.blisteredthumbs.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Nintendo-Fire-Iwata-BT.jpg

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

This.:cool:

Nintendo is doomed even before the fight of next gen consoles. Reason is serious lack of matured exclusive ip's and lack of 3rd party developer interest due to underpowered hardware.
It competes with current gen ps3 ad 360 and is slightly more powerful than them.
Simply cannot keep up with sony and microsoft next consoles.

Nintendo should focus on a more matured crowd and get over that mario and pokemon image.

@ NoasArcAngel

Did you check out the trailer of MGS V the phantom pain ?

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
yup i did check the trailer for PP . its awesome ... but i think metal gear should have some interactive cutscenes and longer gameplay.. ( and it should penalize gamers for going rambo style )

In other news : XBLive hacked by anonymous... so much for paying monthly fee and going online to find out you cant access your accounts lol !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom