Next Gen Console discussion ( PS4 'n Xbox One'n Wii U )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
i think the one for whom the post was meant got it.. ;)

I'm not sure what you mean by that?

Anyway, Nintendo has confirmed the date for The Wonderful 101 as August 21, and Pikmin 3 will come out on July 26th.

New Super Luigi Bros U is not going to just be a DLC. A standalone version will be released on July 20th on Disc.

This nintendo direct was short :(

Resident Evil was also previewed in this Nintendo Direct.

*uk.gamespot.com/news/wolfenstein-the-new-order-revealed-6407979

This game is going to be cross-generational.

Another preview: *asia.gamespot.com/features/rewriti...tein-the-new-order-6408113/?tag=Topslot;Slot1

5 Reasons Why Gamers Should Buy PlayStation 4 Over Xbox 720/Durango/Infinity

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
FINALLY
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault hitting PS Vita May 21

RichTendo got more richer :|
Nintendo reports 52 percent rise in first-party 3DS software sales

heidi2521

Padawan
Looks like my predictions were pretty accurate. Wii Party U was replaced by the latest Mario & Sonic game. Yakuza 1 & 2 announced for Japan. New partnership between Nintendo & SEGA. Sonic going Nintendo exclusive(who would have thought...).

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Yep.Sony seems to be giving step-motherly treatment to the Vita by not making games for it :|
While the OldStation 3 is drowning in games.....

Agreed. Why release a console if you don't really want to promote it? Maybe the internal struggles with that vulture capitalist is affecting the company.

heidi2521

Padawan
i think we should ban you two from this thread. Stop posting bullshit.

seriously.. why do we even bother? :troll:

Care to point the bullshit out?

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/customavatars/avatar46107_4.gif

Agreed. Why release a console if you don't really want to promote it? Maybe the internal struggles with that vulture capitalist is affecting the company.

That vulture capitalist hasn't caused any trouble yet. He plans to wait for the next financial report for that.

The PS3 & 360 may actually end up being the main competition to the PS4 & Xbox Hobart considering that almost all the big hitters are cross gen this time. :|

lord1954man

Broken In
The current line-up is:
1)Theif:-D
2)Beyond good & evil 2 :doublethumb:
3)Killzone: Shadow Fall: :flamethrower:
4)The Witness :fishwhack:
5)Watch Dogs :hitman:
6)War Thunder :bananana:
7)Carmageddon: Reincarnation :hitman:
8)Battlefield 4 :machinegun2:
9)Call of Duty: Ghosts :machinegun2:
10)Human Element :bananana:
11)Deep Down:bananana:
12)Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag :bananana:
13)Diablo III :bananana:
14)Driveclub :bananana:
15)Destiny :bananana:
16)Wolfenstein: The New Order
17)Infamous: Second Son
18)Knack
19)Final Fantasy Project
20)Gran Turismo 6
21)Whore of the Orient
22)Sniper Elite 3
23)The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

For mor info click here
The current lineup is just awesome and then PS4 got game recording and sharing which is ubercool.

*********************************************************************************************************
One day 8 god created Manchester United & Marvel . and they were Awesome.
Want Awesomeness delivered go to Awesome Cool Stuff | This blog has awesome things for awesome people

heidi2521

Padawan
*i.imgur.com/bHJQMUt.png

SEGA direct :rofl:. Sonic exclusivity is pretty awesome too(A kiloton, but not a megaton). Hoping that they go the style of Sonic Colours/Generations and stay away from Sonic 06 and Sonic Heroes.

It is supposed to be a partnership(or possibly collaboration) between Nintendo and SEGA so we can hope that some of the EAD Tokyo magic is infused into the game.

*twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/335416341957844992

#IwataSays We will discuss new Smash Bros., 3D Mario game, Mario Kart and other Wii U titles in our #NintendoDirectNA before the start of E3

Play Nintendo E3 Games At Select Best Buy Stores | My Nintendo News

Letting more people play upcoming games may actually be a more effective marketing tool than a live conference.

Sega Europe hands Sonic publishing duties to Nintendo | GamesIndustry International

So now Nintendo has a partnership with Namco, Sega & Atlus. Wonder with whom else they will partner.

*i.imgur.com/uJDrOHm.jpg

Looks awesome.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Care to point the bullshit out?

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/customavatars/avatar46107_4.gif

That vulture capitalist hasn't caused any trouble yet. He plans to wait for the next financial report for that.

The PS3 & 360 may actually end up being the main competition to the PS4 & Xbox Hobart considering that almost all the big hitters are cross gen this time. :|

i think its time a script kiddie like you learned some manners. i do not want to dirty this thread. You work for valve dont you? or you dont do you? :confused: or atleast your brother has a steam account ? come on steam.. we can sort out our personal differences there.

for gods sake stop cluttering this thread with nintendoganda, keep your wiiu to yourself and be happy. We dont want to know we dont care.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
i think its time a script kiddie like you learned some manners. i do not want to dirty this thread. You work for valve dont you? or you dont do you? :confused: or atleast your brother has a steam account ? come on steam.. we can sort out our personal differences there.

for gods sake stop cluttering this thread with nintendoganda, keep your wiiu to yourself and be happy. We dont want to know we dont care.

First you need to clean up your own act. This thread is meant for not only X720 and PS4, but also Wii U. Just because you don't want to talk about the Wii U, does not mean that you get the right to tell others what they can or can't post in this thread, especially when their posts are relevant here.

Now, on topic:

x720

WRUP: Xbox 720? NeXbox? Xboxfinity? | Joystiq

Bill Gates Has Xbox 720 To Thank For New Wealth Growth Spurt - Forbes

Xbox Wire launched as official Xbox blog days before Xbox 720 reveal - News - Trusted Reviews

Wii U

News: EA engineer slams Wii U viability for third parties - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Not surprised, because this is EA we're talking about. They release bad games and then blame the hardware makers. They're just bitter they could not put up Origin into the Wii U. And the Wii U is certainly more powerful than the x360.

Nintendo will show off unreleased Wii U games at Best Buy stores during E3 | The Verge

heidi2521

Padawan

Look who's talking. This isn't about personal differences. I am simply asking you to justify your claim that Extreme Gamer posted bullshit.

And do you seriously think I'll give my steam ID to you?

And, like it or not the Wii U is a next gen console which is on topic in this thread.

On topic:

Box art for Lord Kamiya's latest creation:

*i.imgur.com/lInmVs8.jpg

First you need to clean up your own act. This thread is meant for not only X720 and PS4, but also Wii U. Just because you don't want to talk about the Wii U, does not mean that you get the right to tell others what they can or can't post in this thread, especially when their posts are relevant here.

Now, on topic:

x720

WRUP: Xbox 720? NeXbox? Xboxfinity? | Joystiq

Bill Gates Has Xbox 720 To Thank For New Wealth Growth Spurt - Forbes

Xbox Wire launched as official Xbox blog days before Xbox 720 reveal - News - Trusted Reviews

Wii U

News: EA engineer slams Wii U viability for third parties - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Not surprised, because this is EA we're talking about. They release bad games and then blame the hardware makers. They're just bitter they could not put up Origin into the Wii U. And the Wii U is certainly more powerful than the x360.

Nintendo will show off unreleased Wii U games at Best Buy stores during E3 | The Verge

That genius also said that EA is focusing on the 4th gen(SNES & Mega Drive), thinks that Nintendo should have bankrupted themselves, thinks that the primary target audience of the Wii U is casuals and families(B2, ZombiU & MH3U are so casual) and thinks that losing their developer freedom is good for a company.

The Nintendo Cycle:

0. Nintendo launches a new console
1. 3rd parties make overpriced half-assed late ports for Nintendo consoles
2. They don't sell well because consumers are better informed and won't just buy any crap
3. They blame Nintendo's fanbase for not buying the game and Nintendo for making a bad console

Lather, rinse repeat.

When 3rd parties actually try and understand and make games that are not half assed overpriced shovelware you see that they do quite well in the same fanbase. Eg. SAASRT sold the most on the Wii U. MH3G HD ver. was called a smash hit on the Wii U by Capcom, ZombiU was considered a success by Ubisoft on the Wii U, Level 5's primary target platform are Nintendo handhelds, Atlus has done much better on the DS and 3DS than they ever did on the PS2, Rayman Origins sold most on the Wii etc.

*news.xbox.com/2013/05/x360-aaron-greenberg-industry-growth?sc_device=slideshow

Microsoft projects 385 mn consoles sold in gen 8.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Look who's talking. This isn't about personal differences. I am simply asking you to justify your claim that Extreme Gamer posted bullshit.

And do you seriously think I'll give my steam ID to you?
To *self-proclaimed troll here* and also any random PS fanboy :
And, like it or not the Wii U is a next gen console which is on topic in this thread.

On topic:

Box art for Lord Kamiya's latest creation:

*i.imgur.com/lInmVs8.jpg

That genius also said that EA is focusing on the 4th gen(SNES & Mega Drive), thinks that Nintendo should have bankrupted themselves, thinks that the primary target audience of the Wii U is casuals and families(B2, ZombiU & MH3U are so casual) and thinks that losing their developer freedom is good for a company.

The Nintendo Cycle:

0. Nintendo launches a new console
1. 3rd parties make overpriced half-assed late ports for Nintendo consoles
2. They don't sell well because consumers are better informed and won't just buy any crapNo,people buy a Nintendo console to play Nintendo exclusive/console exclusive games,not to play third-party games(multi-plat).
3. They blame Nintendo's fanbase for not buying the game and Nintendo for making a bad console

Lather, rinse repeat.
All other points are right though
When 3rd parties actually try and understand and make games that are not half assed overpriced shovelware you see that they do quite well in the same fanbase. Eg. SAASRT sold the most on the Wii U. MH3G HD ver. was called a smash hit on the Wii U by Capcom, ZombiU was considered a success by Ubisoft on the Wii U, Level 5's primary target platform are Nintendo handhelds, Atlus has done much better on the DS and 3DS than they ever did on the PS2, Rayman Origins sold most on the Wii etc. Right again
If you notice one thing,these games that you mentioned are exclusive to the Wii U and not any other home console
*news.xbox.com/2013/05/x360-aaron-greenberg-industry-growth?sc_device=slideshow

Microsoft projects 385 mn consoles sold in gen 8.
Replies in Red
@dead5,extreme : Please,ignore the idiotic *self proclaimed troll*,add him to your ignore list

*www.keepcalmstudio.com/_gallery/300/SOGCCM.png
Remember "Don't argue with stupid people,they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Replies in Red
@dead5,extreme : Please,ignore the idiotic *self proclaimed troll*,add him to your ignore list

Remember "Don't argue with stupid people,they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

You're right, but Dead5's point #2 was from the consumer's PoV, not EA's.

heidi2521

Padawan
Replies in Red

Although not incorrect, I'm not sure how your reply invalidates mine. People will buy the console itself for nintendo exclusives but that doesn't mean that they will ignore 3rd party games. Like I pointed out SAALSRT(Wii U, PC, PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, PS Vita) & Rayman Origins ( PC, Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, Vita) are multi plat but did much better on Nintendo platforms than any other. And I can point out the Megaten series. Devil Survivor 2(spinoff) et al. did much better financially than Lucifer's Call(mainline). Even ACIII did well on the Wii U according to Ubi. Ni No Kuni did better on the DS than the PS3 inspite of the PS3 version having much heavier promotion and a much wider release. Even Arkham City(a late port that was not half-assed) did well enough to warrant the prequel coming to Wii U. Scribblenauts Unlimited(not out in Europe or Japan yet on the Wii U) also did well enough on the Wii U to get Scribblenauts X DC Universe on the Wii U.

Eg. Given a choice between a choppy, unsupported, rushed, buggy version of Mass Effect 3 which did not get any DLC(not even the free ones) or the Mass Effect Trilogy on other consoles, you can guess which one people will go for. Or NFSMWU with only 6 racers instead of 8 at 45 GBP v. 8 at 15 - 20 GBP on other consoles with all 8 racers.
Most people who were going to buy these games probably already had another console on which these came out and the sales for such titles are extremely front loaded. These are not entrypoint games.

Another example would be Gunman Clive outselling the iOS and Android versions on the 3DS eShop inspite of being priced higher and being a featured app on Google Play.

heidi2521

Padawan
Mario is the 2nd best selling franchise(7th gen) according to Ubi
1st best selling is CoD :facepalm:

I'm not sure how this qualifies as next gen console discussion ;).

You had 6 major mario titles across two platforms (SMG, SMG2, MKWii, MKDS, NSMBW, NSMB) in 7th gen vs. how many for COD?

All units in millions

10.69(SMG)
+6.36(SMG2)
+34.01(MKWii)
+22.57(MKDS)
+27.61(NSMBW)
+30.18(NSMB)
= 191.81

Source: *www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2013/130131e.pdf

This does not include spin offs like Mario Party, Super Princess Peach, Donkey Kong etc. and remakes like SM64 DS so the overall sales are much more for the franchise.

Assuming 20 mn sales every major CoD title in 7th gen(a laughable assertion) we get 160(CoD 2 - BO2 make 8) mn in 7th gen so something is amiss. The "Mario" franchise Ubi refers to is probably not the same as the one Nintendo refers to.

I wonder how the "Wii" franchise(Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, Wii Party, Wii Play etc.) performed. Feeling too lazy to scrape data.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
I'm not sure how this qualifies as next gen console discussion ;).

You had 6 major mario titles across two platforms (SMG, SMG2, MKWii, MKDS, NSMBW, NSMB) in 7th gen vs. how many for COD?

All units in millions

10.69(SMG)
+6.36(SMG2)
+34.01(MKWii)
+22.57(MKDS)
+27.61(NSMBW)
+30.18(NSMB)
= 191.81

Source: *www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2013/130131e.pdf

This does not include spin offs like Mario Party, Super Princess Peach, Donkey Kong etc. and remakes like SM64 DS so the overall sales are much more for the franchise.

Assuming 20 mn sales every major CoD title in 7th gen(a laughable assertion) we get 160(CoD 2 - BO2 make 8) mn in 7th gen so something is amiss. The "Mario" franchise Ubi refers to is probably not the same as the one Nintendo refers to.

I wonder how the "Wii" franchise(Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, Wii Party, Wii Play etc.) performed. Feeling too lazy to scrape data.

No this was more like a question for the sony fanboys out here "If Mario is so childish,how come its the second best-selling franchise?"
strangely in Ubi's 20 Best selling franchise in 8 years list,not a single PS exclusive series is listed :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom