New Thread for a new phone 11-14.5k budget

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
I know there are many similar threads before but their requirements are different and so i am creating this new thread .
I am selling my ipod touch and also my samsung wave 533 .
I was first looking to buy ipod touch 32gb but , now i have decided to buy a better phone instead of carrying 2 separate devices everytime .
After deciding on a budget of 10k first , now i have decided to increase it to 14.5k !
To cut short ,
Priorities are (not in order )
Good sound quality , Good OS , Looks , Camera atleast 5 MP , GPS for my car .
Budget : Not more then 14.5k !

In this budget The samsung Ace comes in mind but i dont think its worth 14.5k ! another option is Spice MI410 , specs are good but then again its spice :grin:
Lastly there is motorola defy but thats above my budget .
Sorry for the long post but please do suggest , i will be buying within next 10 days .

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Samsung Ace - NO, NO

Spice Mi410 is just re-sold by Spice, it's a HUWAEI Ideos X6 phone in reality.

And for your budget, I would happily recommend the Spice Mi410 @ 14k, IMO fits your requirements, and currently is the best in price phone.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@rohan_mhtr The only way you can be happy with replacing iPod Touch is when you have phone that can truly match it (audio and video quality, gaming and lagfree UI) and I don't think any midrange phones can do that. I am telling you this by experience. I sold off iPod Touch and Legend for N900 and I am happy because of the superb audio and video quality of N900. I check few midrange devices and none of them could please me.

PS: The iPhone 3GS is now available for 19,999/- and is a very good price as you will be right at home from day 1.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Good choice, but keeping in mind Spice Mi410 has a good camera already, better screen resolution and priced 14k only!

yes, MI410 is much better but will OP be ready to invest in a local brand that too in a mobile manufacturers by some Chinese OEM? i doubt.

comp@ddict

yes, MI410 is much better but will OP be ready to invest in a local brand that too in a mobile manufacturers by some Chinese OEM? i doubt.

And yet people go squack about Dell XCD 35, just remember it's made by a Chinese company, ZTE

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Ok many people are suggesting spice MI410 , but i cant find any good reviews of it , also no matter how expensive spice mobile is , my friends will always think it as a cheap sub 2k chinese mobile :???:
Some are suggesting Moto defy , but really can i get it for Rs 14.5 k ?
@desibond , i know IOS of my ipod touch cant match others but i havent been using it from last 1 month and willing to sacrifice this on my part .
I went and had a look at C6 and to be honest my old samsung wave 533 looked far better then it :) I think i will opt for android this time to replace ios .

Last query , hows the sound quality on MI410 and the defy ,is the output atleast loud ?

Edit :After watching a review of MI410 on youtube , i am inclined towards it but i rather buy motorola anyday if i find it for 14.5k !

Last edited:

azzu

AJJU
Moto defy , but really can i get it for Rs 14.5 k ?
motorola anyday if i find it for 14.5k !

Buy Motorola Defy at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
Go to above mentioned site.
click buy now and apply "ICICILB" coupon and voila u have a Moto defy with Jabra Bluetooth Headset BT-2035 at Rs.14,599
(There's COD payment option too available)

Ok many people are suggesting spice MI410 , but i cant find any good reviews of it , also no matter how expensive spice mobile is , my friends will always think it as a cheap sub 2k chinese mobile
That mayb the Factor for u ,
Still go for Defy if u can Afford you can easily Overclock the Cpu ,if ur hell bent on 1ghz proccy(still the GPU wud be inferior though)
also check Youtube Defy plays many Hd games without any lag...
a great phone for Indian standards go for it

comp@ddict

my friends will always think it as a cheap sub 2k chinese mobile

do you want a good phone or want to show friends a phone.

phone is personal use, and till you know you got the better deal and are satisfied, you don't need o give sh!t to what your friends or others think.

However, if you are so concious, get the Moto Defy instead.

mitraark

Decrepit
Wow this Motorola phone looks really nice 1!! GREAT Resolution !!!! Really large screen . to be honest me too don;t really trust Spice brand , heck , i even rue the fact only Samsung and not Nokia aare coming up with Android phones. Motorola over Spice anyday.

vaibhav99

Broken In
@Rohan ...
I Got my Moto Defy from letsbuy @14.4K (using coupon code 'ICICILB')last week, so its well within your budget. Go for it, Its GR8 Phone,
Mine comes with Froyo 2.2.2 out of box and with 2gb Memory card which i feel, is very less, considering upgrade of 16GB class4/6 till i find nice deal (so keep this in mind you are going to spend 1-1.5K extra later). Display is mind blowing, Processor can be easily overclock to 1Ghz Or shall i say run on its regular capacity as Moto has downgraded the frequency to save on battery front but I don't find battery bad as it last me for 2 days after heavy usage of games, wifi and bluetooth. (not overclocked it yet, want to enjoy phone as it is till month..then modding will start)
it handles HD gaming without any lag without any overclocknig.
Since i shifted from symbian, android is pleasant change for me.
I felt camera quality is ok not gr8 my n79 takes better picture indoor, music i am not audiophile so i am ok with it (dont expect Ipod quality) .. If you need IPOD quality go with Desibond suggestion of Iphone 3Gs @ 20K.
GPS Work gr8 for me in car (consider going for high data plans as it uses 3G/EDGE services a lot when out of wifi reach)
@azzu COD is not available for this offer according to my knowledge,
Also check with bluedart regulary for updates on your package. mine was with them for 2 days for some miscommunication about octroi. Letsbuy was very helpful durnig this time (no advertisement just sharing exprience :) this is my first purchase with them)
hope this helps ..Keep us updated about ur final choice
Vaibhav
UPDATE : Just Checked now Defy is for 14599 after coupon on Letsbuy

Last edited:

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
Defy definitely seems a good deal on letsbuy..
wondering how the guys at letsbuy manage to offer this price

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
LOL , thinking about buying Defy . But honestly we people do think twice before spending 15k on spice . How many people here have actually used MI410 ?

are u buying the phone for its flaunt factor
then ur better off with iphone 3gs

I would have considerd it if its pricing was anything around 16k mark . And remember i am shifting from ipod touch's IOS and sound output was also my top priority just not looks and flaunts . But again i needed a good OS too and hence android . People who have used IOS before for a long duration would understand my dilemma !

@Vaibhav , thanks for your post , It was the most helpful . Tomorrow i will check the pricing of defy with my local dealer first . Online option would be second if the price difference is high . Also how is the sound quality via headphones , i mean is it loud enough ? I travel by mumbai locals to my office hence they need to be loud .

Top Bottom