New site feedback thread - June 2014 - 13th Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugs:
1) Forum Avatar is a link
2) Joined date on digit.in is the time I logged in there first and not from the forum (age matters)
3) Top left forum logo is 404
4) Infinite scroll tends to freeze up screen for a second and makes a lag like animation
5) Loggin in from forum takes me to digit.in, which I believe is a UX bug
6) Link title parsing seems to be erratic (Chrome & Firefox)

Downtime:
1) Forum goes down from time to time with both infinite loop errors and "No data recieved"

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am still unable to login on digit.in through forum-connect. Shows following error on firefox:
*i.minus.com/iygoyxr0uyJML.JPG

I think I now know the cause of the Redirect loop which happens when I try to login through forum-connect.
My password consist of the "@" character. Which I think is not able to parse correctly. But I can login to DF successfully. So I guess it maybe a bug of forum-connect.

I am not able to change the password to a simple one from DF's Settings page (which might be another bug), and hence can't confirm if its the "@" character which is causing the problem.

Please take a look into it soon [MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION]!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Please bring back the likes.

- - - Updated - - -

The main site needs lots of work, most important being cross browser compatibility.

Plus-

1) Not being able to log in. Not getting the 4 options above username/pass option.
*static.digit.in/fckeditor/single%20sign%20on.png

2) Several buttons not work on clicking as expected.

Will post more as I encounter them.

Last edited by a moderator:

kaz

right here
This is just feedback thread not wishlist thread, so stop asking for like button.

Add one-single-only unmoderated section please :twisted:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

No. They have implemented SSO (Single Sign On). Though there's a bug with SSO.

1. Existing users getting "Duplicate Email" message after logging in and then I need to again go to digit.in and click on forum to get into forum.
2, When clicking on profile in digit.in, after logging in it shows "Email is already registered" and asks to enter new mail.

Hmm, I meant when you login from the forum url(/forum/login.php), it takes me to the main site, which is odd for me personally. I couldn't login from the main site earlier so used the forum one. Now it seems okay though...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am unable to change my forum password. And with the password I have I can't use Forum connect.
Just wanted to reiterate since its a huge bug (for me).

I hope I would get some reply on the 2nd working day of digit office tomorrow.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
a sign out button?
Added one above called Quick Logout. Use that for now please.

Like button ?
Not coming back. That was a VBSEO feature, and since Crawlability closed down we had to remover VBSEO for security purposes. If many members want something like that I can get a new different mod and use that...

Forum is not working on tapatalk , getting package incompatible error.
tapatalk version :4.2.2
Really? Works fine for me. You searched for The Digit Forum" forum and added that right? Check if your tapatalk app needs updating.

Bugs:
1) Forum Avatar is a link
2) Joined date on digit.in is the time I logged in there first and not from the forum (age matters)
3) Top left forum logo is 404
4) Infinite scroll tends to freeze up screen for a second and makes a lag like animation
6) Link title parsing seems to be erratic (Chrome & Firefox)

Downtime:
1) Forum goes down from time to time with both infinite loop errors and "No data recieved"

I didn't get what you mean by forum avatar is a link? Explain please...
Join date is important to you on digit.in? I will look into that, but it will be low-priority for now.
Forum logo was always working for me, perhaps some cache problem as I changed the name of the file, but caching was trying to serve old file which doesn't exist..
Depends on net speeds, but will try and add caching here also
Working on bringing you back to forum after login.
Depends on the site where the link is coming from.
Haven't experienced downtimes, perhaps in the beginning when we were still testing and fixing some things. Let me know if it still happens...

am i the only one who cant access any attachments in the forum? :cry: :wah:
I can, is this still happening for you?

I am unable to change my forum password. And with the password I have I can't use Forum connect.
Just wanted to reiterate since its a huge bug (for me).

I hope I would get some reply on the 2nd working day of digit office tomorrow.

Sent you an email with a new dummy password that you can change from digit.in control panel... let me know on email if you have any more problems. It was not the @ symbol causing it, I don't know what was...

Hrishi

@raboo that tapatalk error comes once in a while...although it was highly persistent few days ago when moved to digit forum.

I am not getting these error so frequently now.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Added one above called Quick Logout. Use that for now please.

ok. thanks. will serve the purpose for now.

- - - Updated - - -

all of my attachments returns a white spot on the screen and nothing else. an example thread *www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-configurations/179154-need-config-bro-gaming-55k.html : post 18. the IMG tag should work though for such attachments.

.jRay.

Youngling
[MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION]

*img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/03/rezyze5a.jpg

Only error i occasionally get on tapatalk.
Otherwise no problems for me. And thanks for the native image upload.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Sent you an email with a new dummy password that you can change from digit.in control panel... let me know on email if you have any more problems. It was not the @ symbol causing it, I don't know what was...

Yea. I realized my password contained # symbol not @ symbol. So that was a mistake.
And I can't change password from the forum's settings page. I think it's another bug. Other members can confirm that by trying to change password from this page: *www.digit.in/forum/profile.php
It should not even open the change password page.

I have sent you a reply on email.

Thanks for looking into it.

Hrishi

@raabo

*img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/03/rezyze5a.jpg

Only error i occasionally get on tapatalk.
Otherwise no problems for me. And thanks for the native image upload.

That's what I am also getting once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom