new rig withing 25 max

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Generic answers will not work. Be exact and avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans:HD Movie, occasional gaming with low/mid res, home video editing with lowend softwares, internet,you tube.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: Max 25k.

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: windows XP/7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans:320gb will be ok

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans: We will buy monitor. size18.5 - 20 inch. res HD to full HD

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: have to buy each & every component excluding speaker.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: within a month.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: Bhubaneswar(Orissa). will buy online if not available locally.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am planning to add a tv tuner later for viewing/capturing from DTH. pls suggest appart from the budget.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
processor|athlon II X2 260|3300
motherboard|GA-78LMT-S2P rev3.1|2600
ram|corsair value 1*4gb 1333MHz|1100
graphics card|Sapphire HD 5670 512MB GDDR5|4100
psu|FSP saga II 400W|2000
cabinet|zebronics|1000
monitor|SAMSUNG 18.5" S19A100N LED 1366*768 |6000
keyboard|logitech|250
mouse|usb|150
hard disk|seagate 250gb|3300
ups|intex 600va|1200

total:25000

alternate graphics card if can't find the above
msi radeon 6570 1GB DDR3|4100

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
whitestar_999, the config is very good except the Graphics card. Get the Sapphire HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 version around 4/4.2K. It is more powerful than HD 6570, both the DDR3 and GDDR5 version.

clmlbx

Technomancer
here is from me

Processor|AMD Athlon x4 640|4760
MotherBoard|Asus M5A78L-M LX| 2760
Ram|Corsair 1x4GB| 1200
Monitor|Samsung Monitor 18.5| 5900
PSU|FSP Saga2 400W| 1870
GPU|sapphire HD 5670 DDR5 512mb| 3800
Cabinet|Zebronics Bijlic cabinet| 1200
Mouse & keyb|Logitech mouse and Keyboard| 750
HarD-Disk|Seagate 250GB Sata|3600
|Total|25840

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Also Acer 18.5" G195HQV @ 4.77K is a very good buy. It will reduce cost by 1.2K which can be used to get a quad core Athlon II X4 640 @ 4.7K. The quad core processor is always a better and future proof solution.
Since I'm in BBSR for almost 4 years, I know that availability of Gigabyte mobo and Athlon II X4 will be a problem here. For processor, check flipkart: Flipkart: AMD Athlon II X4 640: Processor

So here is my final suggestion after summing up all the suggestion:

AMD Athlon II X4 640 @ 4.9K
GA-78LMT-S2P rev3.1 @ 2.6K
Corsair 4GB X 1 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 1.2K (check flipkart)
Acer G195HQV 18.5" LCD (1366X768) @ 4.77K (deltapage.com)
Sapphire HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 @ 4.1K
Zebronics Standard Cabinet w/o SMPS @ 1K
Seagate 320GB SATA HDD @ 3.3K
FSP SAGA II 500W @ 2.2K
Logitech Mk100 Keyboard & Mouse Combo @ 0.5K

Total : 25.77K or 26K. It is just 1K over your budget but a very balanced config in all aspect and really worths the extra penny you're spending. Other members, please share your opinions and changes if required over ir.
Intex/Zebronics 600 VA @ 1.2K

clmlbx, sorry buddy; didn't see your post. But Asus M5A78L-M LX supports only 95W CPU. So future upgrades with higher end 125W CPU may be an issue.

clmlbx

Technomancer
@ op Get logitech MK200 media combo at 750 instead MK100@ 500.. otherwise cilus config looks good.. .

If possible do check and get my another config(in spoiler ) which is over your budget but it is very Good and VFM..

If you purchase online then do check Lynx-India.. I have quoted most products price from their.

edit:- as cilus said no 125w processor support on asus board and phenox x4 955 needs 125W.that I suggested in second config.. so my bad.. :( Deleted my second config

Last edited:

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
Op should avoid lynx as their reveiws are not that good and the prices are lower because they are without tax.
Btw + 1 for cilus's final sum up config;-)

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
Thankx...clmlbx, Cilus, whitestar_999.

idont hv much idea about hardware. but all 3 config are very lucrative. are phenom and athlon same ?

asus DVD writer is better ?

planning to get all from online..flipkart is great, nice exprnce with delta and itdepot. but is HardWare price bit high at the time ??

@Cilus
from your own experience, any particular good hardware store at BBSR ?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Try Gadget World and Nigam Computers. Both are in Saheed Nagar, near MeghDoot Hotel.
BTW, Phenom and Athlon are not same but for your budget, AThlon II X4 is the best solution.
Ya, Asus DVD Writers are good but I don't know the availability in BBSR. Here you can find LiteOn and LG DVD Writers. Both are of good quality. Price is around 900 bucks.

mitraark

Decrepit
Thankx...clmlbx, Cilus, whitestar_999.

idont hv much idea about hardware. but all 3 config are very lucrative. are phenom and athlon same ?

asus DVD writer is better ?

planning to get all from online..flipkart is great, nice exprnce with delta and itdepot. but is HardWare price bit high at the time ??

@Cilus
from your own experience, any particular good hardware store at BBSR ?

Actually Phenom is higher model, Athlon is good enough and perfect for your budget ,rest assured.

DVD Writer , LG , Sony are considered reliable enough. Avoid Samsung afaik.

Yes , Hardware Price has risen a bit :( Especially the HDD. If you have any Old HDD use it instead of buying one now.

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
Try Gadget World and Nigam Computers. Both are in Saheed Nagar, near MeghDoot Hotel.
BTW, Phenom and Athlon are not same but for your budget, AThlon II X4 is the best solution.
Ya, Asus DVD Writers are good but I don't know the availability in BBSR. Here you can find LiteOn and LG DVD Writers. Both are of good quality. Price is around 900 bucks.

Ok.will try there. i searching for the config online. hope i can find all otherwise will try at these local shops.

is there any mobo which offers usb3 port.

Actually Phenom is higher model, Athlon is good enough and perfect for your budget ,rest assured.

DVD Writer , LG , Sony are considered reliable enough. Avoid Samsung afaik.

Yes , Hardware Price has risen a bit :( Especially the HDD. If you have any Old HDD use it instead of buying one now.

:( have No old HD. gone are the days when 1tb costs 4k. :'(

Cilus

laborare est orare
For USB3, you have to spend a little more, Gigabyte GA-880G-USB3 is available at 4.8K.

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
how is Lynx ? Is it dependable ?

Want to buy all items from online. as currently i am unable to visit local shops. some links i am posting.pls check it kindly.

Budget can be extended to 30k :(

Since AMD Athlon x4 640 is not available anywhere online(out of stock @flipkart) any other suggestion ? i have come across -

AMD Phenom II X4 840@DeltaPage

GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2P/4.0 Mother Board @ SMC INT.
or
Gigabyte 760G Chipset AMD Motherboard - Model GA- MA78LMT-S2P @ Lynx
or
Gigabyte 880GM Chipset AMD Motherboard - Model GA- 880G-USB3@ Lynx

Corsair 4GB X 1 1333 MHz DDR3 @Flipkart

Sapphire HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5@Lynx
or this one Asus ATi Radeon 5670 - 1GB DDR5

ZebronicsBijili
or the below is very attractive and slim
Zebronics - FLAIR- Slim Series Cabinets

Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD Internal Hard Drive @ 5454k
or
Seagate Seagate 250 GB HDD Internal Hard Drive (ST250DM000): Internal Hard Drive@3645

FSP SAGA II 500W theitdepot theitwares Lynx

Logitech Keyboard+Mouse Combo Wireless MK320
or Logitech USB MK200 combo

HP dvd1260i DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive or Asus DRW-24B3ST DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive

i have experince with deltapage,flipkart,theitdepot but havenot any with itwares or LYNX. are they dependable ?

sukesh1090

Adam young
don't buy from lynx.i have already told this in 8th post.you can buy from theitwares,mumbai.
Regarding processor buy 955BE @ 6.2K as you have increased you budget to 30k.

Amd phenom II @ 6.2K
GA-78LMT-S2P rev3.1 @ 2.6K
Corsair 4GB X 1 1333 MHz
DDR3 @ 1.2K
Acer G195HQV 18.5" LCD
(1366X768) @ 4.77K
Sapphire HD 6770 1 GB
GDDR5 @ 6.5K
Zebronics Standard Cabinet
w/o SMPS @ 1K
Seagate 320GB SATA HDD @
FSP SAGA II 500W @ 2.2K
Logitech Mk100 Keyboard &
Mouse Combo @ 0.5K
total - 28k
if you want you can buy gigabyte ga880gm-usb3 mobo @ 4.8k (theitwares)
then the total will ae 30.5k.
The above config is some additions to the previous configs.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
But Sukesh, Lynx has mixed reviews, not only bad ones. I've purchased couple of Sound magic headphones and Filo amplifiers from there without any issues.

Gurujee, Lynx's prices are excluding 5% tax. So add 5% vat on the selected products to get the actual prices and compare that price with the prices in other online shops.

Piyush

Lanaya
some doubts

-->OP is going for 18.5" screen and HD6770?
even HD6670 will be enough for him IF he wont be upgrading his monitor so soon

-->Athlon will be enough for him too and the money saved can be used to better cabinet

Cilus

laborare est orare
18.5" displays have resolution 1366X768 and with current demanding games like BF3, Crysis 2 or Metro, if OP needs to play it in higher setting, HD 6770 is recommended over HD 6670. Those games need lots of GPU power, even at lower resolution.

Top Bottom