new rig withing 25 max

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
Nope bro.AA won't make 6670 bow.if it is then it will also make 6770 because if i am not wrong AA depends upon the memory more and both of the cards has same memory of 1gb.the thing is cabinet doesn't affect the performance.does it?but gpu does.so spend moey on the gpu rather than on fancy cabby.;-)

Piyush

Lanaya
IIRC its the memory speed that matters
do correct me if i'm wrong
and i know that cabinet doesnt affect the performance :lol:
i just pointed that out coz he could get a better cabby

sukesh1090

Adam young
yup.and even the memory.if you consider 5670 512mb and 1gb then you will get better aa performance in 1gb.i have seen it in my 6670.when i disable aa then the memory usage stays around 512mb but when i enable aa the memory consumption hits 1gb.it goes on increasing with the increase in the level of aa.and 6670 and 6770 has same 5ghz memory. ;-)

Piyush

Lanaya
hmmm thanks for pointing it out
this is the outcome of 130+ hrs gameplay in Skyrim that I have forgot all the basics :/

here my token of appreciation :D
Anti-Aliasing Analysis, Part 1: Settings And Surprises : Defining Anti-Aliasing

Cilus

laborare est orare
Anti aliasing does depends upon the memory size, but it depends upon the GPU horse power too. And regarding memory usage, don't judge all the games by the memory usage of Skyrim. Skyrim can use very high amount of memory, can easily exceeds 1GB memory usage with ease even at 1080P or lesser resolution whereas for most of the other games it is uncommon.

And Sukesh, if you enable very high AA, 4X or higher, HD 6770 will always perform better than a HD 6670 if both having same size and type of memory. It should be as enabling Anti Aliasing also increase the level of computation apart for the graphics data size. Otherwise a HD 5570 with high speed GDDR5 memory could have the same Anti aliasing performance of a HD 6770.

Piyush

Lanaya
Anti aliasing does depends upon the memory size, but it depends upon the GPU horse power too. And regarding memory usage, don't judge all the games by the memory usage of Skyrim. Skyrim can use very high amount of memory, can easily exceeds 1GB memory usage with ease even at 1080P or lesser resolution whereas for most of the other games it is uncommon.

And Sukesh, if you enable very high AA, 4X or higher, HD 6770 will always perform better than a HD 6670 if both having same size and type of memory. It should be as enabling Anti Aliasing also increase the level of computation apart for the graphics data size. Otherwise a HD 5570 with high speed GDDR5 memory could have the same Anti aliasing performance of a HD 6770.
cilus!!
i wasnt using the example of Skyrim there
I was actually saying that after playing over 130hrs of Skyrim, I've forgot the basics (i.e. here AA regarding stuff) :lol:

sukesh1090

Adam young
@cilus,
thanks for the info.btw i wasn't talking about skyrim.i have observed the memory usage hitting 1gb in other games.

Top Bottom