New Reliance broadband Plans

OP
C

Chirag_123

Broken In
^^Thank you Friend,Please never mind for anything,perhaps you might have missed chirag's comment earlier.Well,everything is O.K.

Thanks,Friend @Chirag_123.I got it clear by now.

But If I opt for Thunder 699 (POSTPAID) Plan from Reliance,certainly I don't have to login everytime for any such "expiry" of "session"?
Actually no idea about Reliance Broadband Network Service.

You need to login with every plan :p

pratik385

In the zone
mehh

My Freedom 999 plan is still gr8
12 mbps till 25 gb and later 1 mbps unlimited....

i get hd stuff in mere mins @ 3 mbps dl on bittorrent :p

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@kg11sgbg,reliance broadband uses pppoe/pppoa with MER(mac encapsulation routing) making it different from normal pppoe without MER which is used by ISP's like BSNL & airtel.what this means is that it is not possible to save the login info in modem/router & then get connected by simply turning on the modem/router like in case of bsnl or airtel.most commonly used way with reliance broadband is using a simple wifi router(no modem) & then login once from any device into reliance portal connected to router & after that net is accessible on all devices connected to router.you have to login once every 24 hours but there are scripts available which can automate this task.

P.S.i do have some theories about making reliance broadband work in a normal way with adsl modem by saving login info in modem itself but can't test it because of no reliance service in my area.

reddead

LoSt!
i migrated to 549 plan today:-D...was warlier on 500 combo where i was paying the same amount for half the speed

icebags

Technomancer
bsnl should upgrade their plans. how can their top management just continue sleeping deep with eyes open ? :(

Whistler81

The One and Only
Hey Guys... I cant figure out how to apply for a new connection. I need some help. My current internet speed is damn low to browse through pages yet I tried but couldn't get anything on the official website. I am in Kumarswamy Layout, Bangalore. If you guys could kindly at least tell me how to apply for a connection I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

reddead

LoSt!
Hey Guys... I cant figure out how to apply for a new connection. I need some help. My current internet speed is damn low to browse through pages yet I tried but couldn't get anything on the official website. I am in Kumarswamy Layout, Bangalore. If you guys could kindly at least tell me how to apply for a connection I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

call their toll free number

blackedition91

Extreme Gamer
I've heard horrible stories about them taking the money and never coming back. Worse, even after you give application for surrendering the connection, they keep on sending you bills for months. Later, they'll file a case against you if you don't pay. If it was not for that fear, I'd have grabbed the 2Mbps connection by now.
1. BTW, is the torrent site blocking still happening?
2. Is it possible to bypass it using a different DNS or is VPN the only option?
3. When they do block it, do they block only the torrent sites or they start slowing down all P2P communications?

reddead

LoSt!
I've heard horrible stories about them taking the money and never coming back. Worse, even after you give application for surrendering the connection, they keep on sending you bills for months. Later, they'll file a case against you if you don't pay. If it was not for that fear, I'd have grabbed the 2Mbps connection by now.
1. BTW, is the torrent site blocking still happening?
2. Is it possible to bypass it using a different DNS or is VPN the only option?
3. When they do block it, do they block only the torrent sites or they start slowing down all P2P communications?

1,2,3 no torrent blocking but they did block some filesharing sites...

HailStonE

Broken In
Re: is there any 50 meter boundation for new connection

Hello,

i applied for a new wireline broadband connection of reliance for my home.....and it takes so much efforts from my side to conatct with reliance broadband service providers ..when ever i call them they said in next 48 ours man will come to your home..but no one come ....after the so many efforts finally a man came and see the connection availbilty ..he said there is no problem in getting a new connection he show me some plans and i selected the 549 nite zoom plan..he said to make advance payment by check ..so i gave him a check of 1150 (549 rental and 599 installation charge)..he told me that in 7 days all equipments will install..
but no one came in those 7 days so i call that person who came to my home..he said my application form is rejected becoz my home distance is more than 50 meters form the main line or whatever they call that box...
i never ever heard about this condition in any ips provider...not even in the rcom site.nor in web..
i need reliance broadband i m so despret to get it is there any way to get it.......i ask that person is there any way to solve this prob he said no..i told him that i m ready to pay for the extra wire ..but no one respond..
plz help is there really a condition of 50 meters in rcom..
Or they making me fool.

PLz .......

I was denied connection since they told me that they don't provide connection for 120mts & above distance... Stupid Fools.. :banghead:

itisravishankar

tech master
These plans are awesome!!!

I have a question.... I have two PCs at home.... can I use internet on both PCs with a single connection? If yes, what hardware will I need?

Hrishi

Do you have Wi-Fi adapter in both of them ???
You will need to connect one of your PC to the Lan cable coming from your ISP.
Then you will need to enable Internet connection sharing on this PC.
Once you do this , the PC will share your Internet with any other computer on Wi-Fi.

A simple way to do this would be through a software named "Connectify-me". This will create a Wi-fi hotspot for you and will help you use internet on any device connected to this hotspot.

As-easy as it sounds. YOu jsut need 2 wi-fi adapters.

itisravishankar

tech master
But that would require the primary computer to be on whenever I need to use internet on the second computer, wouldn't it?

I was reading about LAN divider. How does that work? Will Reliance allow two systems to log in simultaneously?

Hrishi

YOu can try a Wi-FI router , O/w a switch coming from your modem .
Btw , you can put your login details in the modem itself.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
These plans are awesome!!!

I have a question.... I have two PCs at home.... can I use internet on both PCs with a single connection? If yes, what hardware will I need?

Either via WiFi or LAN. For wifi, you'll need wifi adapters for each PC. Better use LAN.

But that would require the primary computer to be on whenever I need to use internet on the second computer, wouldn't it?

No, if you use a router.

I was reading about LAN divider. How does that work? Will Reliance allow two systems to log in simultaneously?

Its called "switch". Your connection cable goes directly in switch "IN" and rest "OUT" ports for your devices to be connected. And Reliance login won't be required from both PCs, you login from one and use in multiple devices.

Btw , you can put your login details in the modem itself.

Not possible in Reliance, normally.

itisravishankar

tech master
Thanks. I think I will go with a wireless router. That way I can occasionally use internet on mobile phones too. How much will a decent one cost?

Also, I am still not totally clear about how login in Reliance broadband will work. My perception is that if nobody is using the connection at a point of time, then any device can use the login credentials to connect. And when the second device needs to connect, then it won't need to login. Am I correct?

Top Bottom