New Owner of N82...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
The middle one AFAIK is a dummy useless...button...:D

Just Install PC Suite latest version...& u r done...the theme icon will change 2 the PC Suite app icon (no matter .JAR or .SIS or .SISX) then double click 2 the theme file
& follow onscreen instructions...dats it...NJOY :eek:

In WMP 11 just ryt click the music file in its library..then select Advanced Tag Editor there in new popupwindow...select pictures..& choose ur pic..then select Apply/OK
dats it....it will have an album art now...now copy the file 2 ur fone thru PC Suite...
:cool:
hey karan,thanks a lot...helped me a lot man...am kindaa a noob in the nseries phone..i have jumped from nokia 6600 to nokia n82...so the usb transfers are all kindaa new to me..hope u don't mind man...:)...dude just one more..:p..i just got corel player...what should i do??Synchronise through pc suite again???where wil lthe installation file go then??i transferred the theme file through pc suite...worked..it was located in themes part...what about third party softwares???

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
hey karan,thanks a lot...helped me a lot man...am kindaa a noob in the nseries phone..i have jumped from nokia 6600 to nokia n82...so the usb transfers are all kindaa new to me..hope u don't mind man...:)...dude just one more..:p..i just got corel player...what should i do??Synchronise through pc suite again???where wil lthe installation file go then??i transferred the theme file through pc suite...worked..it was located in themes part...what about third party softwares???
ur welcome...

i think this thread is bcoming interesting 4 all new users including me...:D
well i also have core player v1.1 but it says while installing certificate expired...but there is a tweak though....neways if u have the latest version than just double click
the .sis file & then follow the step-by-step instructions...dats it...& remember 2 choose install location as memory card...& finally u will c the app in applications...
menu...NJOY !!! :D

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
How to connect to a WLAN which has a hidden SSID? I have an unsecured WLAN at home with hidden SSID (Closed System) becos my Sister's laptop with Vista Basic works only if WPA and WEP is not enabled. I went to Menu -> Tools -> Connectivity -> Conn. Mgr. -> Available WLAN Networks -> Options -> Help. There it says to create an internet access point select Options -> Define access point. When I go back and click Options there are only two entries namely Help and Exit. What should I do to create an access point to connect to a wireless LAN with a hidden SSID?

Hi guys, I found out how to do it. You have to go to Tools -> Settings -> Connection -> Access points -> Options -> New Access Point. Created successfully. :)

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Hi guys, I found out how to do it. You have to go to Tools -> Settings -> Connection -> Access points -> Options -> New Access Point. Created successfully. :)

Glad 2 know dat...:rolleyes:

Q. Is there ne way 2 clear the recent played clips list from realplayer ?
Q. & will the older n-gage QD games work on N82 ?
Q. Theme just like sony erricson ?

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
ur welcome...

i think this thread is bcoming interesting 4 all new users including me...:D
well i also have core player v1.1 but it says while installing certificate expired...but there is a tweak though....neways if u have the latest version than just double click
the .sis file & then follow the step-by-step instructions...dats it...& remember 2 choose install location as memory card...& finally u will c the app in applications...
menu...NJOY !!! :D

yeah i agree...:)...are u talking about the double clicking after pc sync??or click on the computer while synching?

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

yeah i agree...:)...are u talking about the double clicking after pc sync??or click on the computer while synching?

after PC sync (i.e after the fone is detected on PC) :D

yesterday i installed Coreplayer 1.2.5 latest version...it simply awesome player
with wide range of support of video files...i recommend this players 2 all symbian OS users...:D

only one drawback is it can't play .m4a files..:-?

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

:cool: Hey 2 all N82 users out there..i found a gr8 trick on google 2 change the default fonts to ur own favoutite fonts like this one

*media.share.ovi.com/m1/original/0377/dac02320033f427582e269c93821c2c7.jpg

Steps to follow:
1. Make sure the file type extension is .ttf, like arial.ttf. That is the standard font type and stands for TrueType Font.

2.Duplicate the same font four (4) times. You will rename the font to the following...
nohindisnr60.ttf
nohindissb60.ttf
nohinditsb60.ttf
S60ZDIGI.ttf

3.It's extremely important that you have the exact spelling of each of those files. Put those font files into a folder called fonts.

4.Connect your memory card to your computer. It doesn't really matter how you do this, whether it be usb cable, bluetooth, or card reader. Your memory card should be the E: drive, although your memory card might be called something different. Inside the root of the E: drive make a new folder called resource. Do Not mess with the Z: drive.
Now grab the fonts folder you created in Step 2 and transfer it and the four font files into the new resource folder on your memory card.
So now your folder structure should be E:\resource\fonts\those four font files.

5. Disconnect & re-insert your memory card (if needed) and reboot. Power down your phone and power it back up.
And voila! You should now have completely new fonts on your N82.

Note: If you follow these steps correctly there really is no way to harm your phone. If you want to get rid of these fonts and go back to the originals you simply delete the resource folder and its contents. :D

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
i cant install any application on my n82 whnever i try to do so it says unable to install. what do i do?

amansaini

Right off the assembly line
Indeed a very good phone. I bought mine on Sep 30 from Ghaffar Market (New Delhi) for Rs.18,600 with bill. I bought Silver color as black is everywhere. The Camera Quality is Awesome and gives a tough competition to 5mp DigiCam. Speed n Performance is also superb. GPS works fantastic with Google Maps. WiFi has good range. I don't know why it is not as popular as N95 because according to me, Nokia N82 is an Excellent Phone with all features you can expect. If N82 comes under your budget then don't look further to any other phone.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
After using n82, n95 8gb i can safely say that its better than n95 classic as well as n95 8gb . The only advantage i found in n95 8gb is its screen size and quality is better than n82. Though newer n85 gives n82 a good fight :)

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
The only minus abt N85 is its LED flash as compared 2 the Xenon flash of N82...Otherwise I m sure N85 rocks...

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

There is a minor bug in version 20.0.062 :mad:

whenever i listen 2 music/video's or play games & if u rotate the device then
the speak now comes up..which annoys me...:(

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
I would say , dont compare n82 to n85. Both are equally good devices with one being candybar and the other being slider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom