New Owner of N82...

Status
Not open for further replies.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanx 2 all of u..

@uppal: when r u going 2 buy the phone will it be N82 or something else :rolleyes:

Q. what is SymbianOS9 devices WITHOUT FP1 & with FP1 ??? :confused:

@Karan - I was thinking of buying the N82 this month but then I thought that I must wait 4 the N79 also 2 launch...Anyways I am not in a hurry...At the present moment I am using the 6300..

Congrats 2 u once again buddy 4 this awesome purchase...N82 is definitely a great phone...Enjoy it...:p:p

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
How do I activate the 3 month free navigation? Should I call customer care?

U need:

1. GPRS 2 activate the license
2. If u have point 1, then go 2 options in nokia maps then select "extra services"
follow the screen instructions 2 get the 3 months package...:D

Q. How do i put the album art while transferring the .m4a files....bcoz after
successful transfer they r deleted or do not appear while playing..but they were there while on .mp3 files (i think the conversion process deleted the content..) :confused:
how 2 get them back on fone..do i need 2 use a 3rd party app....?

Third Eye

gooby pls
U need:

2. If u have point 1, then go 2 options in nokia maps then select "extra services"

Q. How do i put the album art while transferring the .m4a files....bcoz after
successful transfer they r deleted or do not appear while playing..but they were there while on .mp3 files (i think the conversion process deleted the content..) :confused:
how 2 get them back on fone..do i need 2 use a 3rd party app....?

*www.symbian-freak.com/quides/getting_the_most_out_of_the_music_player.htm

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

^^Thanx..:D

Does the 3 months navigation license have an xpiry date....(i mean is there any last
date for subscription ? or i can subscribe @ any time ?) :confused:

How 2 delete old downloaded maps on the fone....to free some space ? :D

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
I just did it. It shows 90 days left. So I guess you can start the subscription any time. I went to Maps, Options, Extras, My license, Update. It wanted an online connection. I chose Airtel Moboffice. In 10 seconds, I got the message saying license updated Navigation India 90 days left. :)

U need:

Thanks a lot. I just did it. Maybe the menus were a little different cos of the different firmware versions that we have.

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Thanks a lot. I just did it. Maybe the menus were a little different cos of the different firmware versions that we have.

OH...ya u have the latest firmware version...if i m not wrong ? :D

Btw...ne difference/improvements u noticed..after upgrade...in N82...if yes
then do post...:rolleyes:

I have doubt regarding visual radio...whenever i want 2 connect it...it asks 4 a
visual ID...how 2 get dat ? is it available in india ? :confused:

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
After using N82 gps for over 5 months, I would say it is pathetic. I have faced prob. with the gps at prime locations in mumbai as well. But once it locks the gps, its fun n useful.

I thankfully got it cr@cked before firmware upgrade and have no subscription limits now.

I feel GPS works better in Pune and Hyderabad then in Mumbai. Plus GPS locking with Google maps is much faster than with Nokia Maps

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^^ But google maps is very taxing on the Network I believe? Do you get offline maps for Google? Im sure we get those for Nokia Maps.

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Yesterday while I chose Drive from one point to another, I accidentally clicked 'No' for downloading Voice Guidance. Now when I choose Drive from Home to Office, it is not even asking me again if I want Voice Guidance. How do I revoke this option?

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Q. Which custom EQ shud i use in music player 2 get the best quality....presently
listening in "Bass Boost" mode....:D...if there is any superior u guys made or found do post...?

Q. Which Antivirus 2 use in my fone ? or is it really required ? :confused:

Third Eye

gooby pls
Use this, a good balance of bass and treble.You don't need a anti virus,there are no viruses for 3rd edition.

*img523.imageshack.us/img523/7412/screenshot0012pa7.jpg
*img523.imageshack.us/img523/screenshot0012pa7.jpg/1/w240.png

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
hey karan if u don't mind hows the music quality through ear phones??is it good??am planning to buy it by next week...

Chintu08

Banned
i coudnt find a thread on N81. thats Why posting here.
DONT buy N81:lol:, it really slow (menu browsing), even the cheap SE w550 outclasses this phone.
i could have bought a 'premier Padmini' car for 14.5k :lol:, cos by the time i find "the particular' contact, i could just drive that P.O.S car to that person:lol:
compared to n73, n81 is a super computer:lol:

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
hey karan if u don't mind hows the music quality through ear phones??is it good??am planning to buy it by next week...

Any phone with Creative EP-630 earphones or similar Seinheisser earphone will rock. My personal experience. My htc s710 (which is nowhere even near a music phone, it is a business smartphone) rocked with EP-630.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I use Seinheissar MX 360 with my N82.. Though not comparable to EP-630, they r gud ones for the value - Rs.690 with warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom