New Nokia Lumia 820 And 920

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
^^ yeah its good to

900 was not launched because only a few months were left for WP8 launch, 920 will launch on time for sure

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

So much for "revolutionary" pureview camera :facepalm:

Also in the video where the Lumia 920 and Iphone 4S are being compared for low light performance you can see that Lumia used Flash assistance whereas Iphone 4s did not.

Let actual reviews come out, then we will find out how good this 8mp pureview camera is. And the IS comparison they disabled Image stabilization in the "rival smartphone" (GS3?) and compared with the Lumia. DUH! Obviously if you disable image stabilization it will seem like there is a huge difference.

Not good, Nokia !!.

randomuser111

Technomancer
@dashing.sujay

There is no mid segment Win8 device this year, only next year. I don't expect to see 820 below 29k in India that too around December.

And also it was quite clear the photo quality isn't great when there was no mention of anything to do with photo quality. OIS, lens app, low light performance. Nothing about how the pureview tech works in this phone. And also something that a lot of guys seem to overlook is this phone has a 1/3" sensor - the same size as Iphone 4S/Galaxy S2/Xperia S/Galaxy S3/Note/One X. There is no way this phone will offer GREAT photo quality. And I think even Nokia acknowledges this fact which is why it had to resort to lies and also the reason why we still haven't seen a 1080p same shot with the 920 nor full size 8mp stills.

Within hours of the 808 pureview announcement the Internet was filled with Full 41 MP sample photos and videos, but its almost a day since the 920 announcement and we have seen no REAL photo or video from the 920.

Last edited:

ssk_the_gr8

^

So much for "revolutionary" pureview camera :facepalm:

Also in the video where the Lumia 920 and Iphone 4S are being compared for low light performance you can see that Lumia used Flash assistance whereas Iphone 4s did not.

Let actual reviews come out, then we will find out how good this 8mp pureview camera is. And the IS comparison they disabled Image stabilization in the "rival smartphone" (GS3?) and compared with the Lumia. DUH! Obviously if you disable image stabilization it will seem like there is a huge difference.

Not good, Nokia !!.

the flash is used to detect the iso only(guy says that in the video too). Heard of HDR? :|

if they would have used flash with the 920 wouldnt the image have been brighter?

wait for non nokia reviews then you can confirm it yourself. Half knowledge is dangerous.

Even Lumia 820 is impressive device. The only thing that I dislike about 820 is Low resolution. They should have implemented HD

ssk_the_gr8

@dashing.sujay

There is no mid segment Win8 device this year, only next year. I don't expect to see 820 below 29k in India that too around December.

And also it was quite clear the photo quality isn't great when there was no mention of anything to do with photo quality. OIS, lens app, low light performance. Nothing about how the pureview tech works in this phone. And also something that a lot of guys seem to overlook is this phone has a 1/3" sensor - the same size as Iphone 4S/Galaxy S2/Xperia S/Galaxy S3/Note/One X. There is no way this phone will offer GREAT photo quality. And I think even Nokia acknowledges this fact which is why it had to resort to lies and also the reason why we still haven't seen a 1080p same shot with the 920 nor full size 8mp stills.

Within hours of the 808 pureview announcement the Internet was filled with Full 41 MP sample photos and videos, but its almost a day since the 920 announcement and we have seen no REAL photo or video from the 920.

this was a paper launch bro just to bring it into peoples mind before launch of iphone 5. the phone will not be out before 1-2 months. can you wait before passing judgement.

pratyush997

Inactive
no doubt nokia makes solid devices but I feel that they made mistake dropping meego and adopting wp.....after all i use nokia x6...hitted it hard on concrete wall..mistakenly..only back cover popped out...fixed it back and boom working all fine...imagine what if that would be ip4... :evil:

1) The camera,
2) The PureMotion Display and
3) Wireless Charging makes the huge difference

How many of you consider the thickness of Lumia 920 odd? Will it be noticiable over SGS2 and Lumia 900?

randomuser111

Technomancer
the flash is used to detect the iso only(guy says that in the video too). Heard of HDR? :|

if they would have used flash with the 920 wouldnt the image have been brighter?

wait for non nokia reviews then you can confirm it yourself. Half knowledge is dangerous.

I sure have but I am keen to know what you think HDR is and how flash is necessary to "detect" ISO. Please explain. And also what HDR has to do with the video in question.

Seems like a new technology, Iphone 4s and other smartphones can pick ISO without flash but Lumia 920 uses Flash to pick ISO. Interesting.

ssk_the_gr8

Did Nokia fake the still photos too?

this is nokia's last try, they are getting desperate

I sure have but I am keen to know what you think HDR is and how flash is necessary to "detect" ISO. Please explain. And also what HDR has to do with the video in question.

Seems like a new technology, Iphone 4s and other smartphones can pick ISO without flash but Lumia 920 uses Flash to pick ISO. Interesting.

see i dont know all the tech behind pureview , what i do know is that in pureview even when flash is off the light glows a little bit to detect stuff.

wait for non nokia reviews to get the accurate picture. we cant decide right now.

randomuser111

Technomancer
See, you said half knowledge is dangerous. Then you shouldn't have told me that the flash comes on detect ISO if you were not sure. A camera does not use Flash to detect ISO. And if that guy is saying it's to detect ISO he is only lying. When the flash comes on he can see how the picture is being framed and if it's in focus and correct the shot. Whereas on the Iphone 4S he can't see much and he cannot be sure whether the shot is in focus or if the pic will come out blurry or not.

"Shooting an arrow in the dark" as they say. Everything Nokia is showing or saying is fake. Really sad to see Nokia do this.

Anyway, that demo reminds me of the Sony Exmor R box demo, just much worse.

Last edited:

ssk_the_gr8

The half knowledge thing was for both of us bro :)
Thtas why I said lets us wait for reviews before passing judgement

Btw, I dislike this announcing in September and launching after 1-2 months..
IPhone launches are the best

Top Bottom