New LCD Monitor 6-7k

Karan85

Broken In
I got a new pc (except the monitor) a month or so back after getting a lot of help from here

Now was thinking of replacing the old CRT
wanted a 19-20 inch LCD ..
any suggestions ?
samsung b2030 or dell s2009w or anything else ?

also , what can i expect to get for my 2 year old samsung 794mg 17inch crt

works great .. no problems .. a rough idea?

also , my brother thinks i am being silly getting a lcd now and its not really needed .. i'm not having any problems with the old monitor , just that i can afford to spend 6-7 k at the moment ..
should i hold out for later , till this one dies and i can get a better monitor

OP
K

Karan85

Broken In
the samsung is 2 inches wider , better contrast : and has better resolution
does the led make it worth going for benq over the b2030 ?

OP
K

Karan85

Broken In
dell has recently launched 20" led backlit monitor
and the price is 6.8k at SMC
is that the dell IN2020m ?

better than the samsung b2030 .. i mean it sounds better , but dell over samsung wont be a problem right ..
i've never bought a lcd/led. have no idea which ones are reliable

OP
K

Karan85

Broken In
isnt that around 15k ?
looking for something around 6k .. a bit more if needed

i asked around , am getting a samsung b2030 for 5.5k and my old crt ..
that person doesnt deal in dell or benq monitors
thats why i was leaning towards the samsung .

but dont want to regret it in a few months time ..

hsnayvid

Journeyman
ur old crt should fetch you anywhere between 500-1000. Check around @ second hand computer shops b4 going for the deal.

Plus if ur monitor is working fyn and you can wait for a while i'd suggest that u wait a few months and get a full HD 22" model with HDMI rather than going for 20" which is not FULL HD. It will server you when u want to upgrade ur system as well.

DELL IN2020 LED is also a gud monitor for around 6700 INR.

OP
K

Karan85

Broken In
the local dealer is giving me around 950 for the old crt .. but he only has LG and Samsung monitors

so the best deal he has offered me is b2030 for 5500

i recently upgraded my computer , the use if fairly basic .. dont see any upgrades in the near future and not sure if i need HDMI and full HD

any info on the samsung b 2030 monitor ? its between that at 5.5k and the dell in2020 @6.8 (and being stuck with the old crt for now)

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I bought a Samsung B2030 recently for a client. It's OK, but what I didn't like was that it cannot be tilted. It just sits in the vertical position. Most tables place the centre of a monitor screen slightly lower than eye level so that the best viewing angle would be at a slight upward tilt.

This is more important for LCDs than for CRTs. Manufacturers have greatly improved the viewing angle of LCDs over the past few years, but they're still not as good as CRTs in that respect.

As to whether you should buy an LCD monitor now or wait, that's pretty much a personal choice. Personally, I tend to agree with your brother.

OP
K

Karan85

Broken In
u can buy online instead
i could , but then i would have the old crt with me as well .. i guess i probably will do that tho .. see if i can get rid of it separately

I bought a Samsung B2030 recently for a client. It's OK, but what I didn't like was that it cannot be tilted. It just sits in the vertical position. Most tables place the centre of a monitor screen slightly lower than eye level so that the best viewing angle would be at a slight upward tilt.

This is more important for LCDs than for CRTs. Manufacturers have greatly improved the viewing angle of LCDs over the past few years, but they're still not as good as CRTs in that respect.

As to whether you should buy an LCD monitor now or wait, that's pretty much a personal choice. Personally, I tend to agree with your brother.
you sure there isnt a screw in the stand to tilt it?

oh and thanks a lot for that .. just what i was looking for
i do realize its a bit frivolous , but now after trying to look for one, i have my mind made up :oops:

which one would you suggest
the dell in2020 is 6.8k but cant seem to find any reviews for it online

its 20" , and LED backlit - 1600x900
Contrast Ratio:
8,000,000:1 (estimated)
Brightness:
250 cd/m2 (typical)
Response Time:
5ms typical (Black to White)
Viewing Angle
(160 vertical / 160 horizontal)
Tilt adjustable
Operating (Typical - Maximum)
22W - 25W (max)

sounds good right ?

OP
K

Karan85

Broken In
Price of Benq V2220H ??
around 14k ..

sorry to keep bringing this thread up, but i could do with some help

tech specs for the Samsung B2030

Code:
Screen Size       50.8cm (20) Wide
Brightness        250cd/m²
Contrast Ratio    DC 50,000:1 (Typ. 1,000:1)
Resolution     1600 x 900
Response Time (Typical)     5ms
Viewing Angle(Horizontal/Vertical)     170˚/160˚ (CR > 10)
Color Supported     16.7M
Signal Input     Video Signal     Analog RGB, DVI
Connector     15pin D-SUB, DVI-D
Power     Power Consumption     25 Watts
Stand By Power (DPMS)     < 0.3 watts
Features     Plug & Play     DDC 2B
USB powered hub option     No
Wall-Mount     75 x 75
Cabinet Color     High Glossy Black
Optional Accessories     DVI Cable
Special Features     MagicBright3, MagicEco, MagicAngle, MagicReturn, Off timer, Image Size Colour Effect, Customised key, Windows7, DVI with HDCP
Dimension     Product Dimension(With stand, WxHxD)     492.0 x 396.0 x 178.0mm
Product Dimension(Without Stand, WxHxD)     492.0 x 330.1 x 69.5mm
Shipment Dimension(WxHxD)     566 x 401 x132mm
Product Weight     4.1Kg
Shipment Weight     5.5Kg
Stand     Type     Simple
Function     Tilt
tech specs for the Dell IN2020m
Code:
DISPLAY
Panel Size:  20"
Aspect Ratio   Widescreen (16:9)
Panel Type:    WLED
Maximum Resolution:  1600 x 900 at 60 Hz
Contrast Ratio:    8,000,000:1 (estimated)
Brightness:   250 cd/m2 (typical)
Response Time:   5ms typical (Black to White)
Viewing Angle   (160 vertical / 160 horizontal)
Color Support:   78% (CIE1976) / 68% (CIE1931)
Pixel Pitch:   0.277 mm
Device Type   HD Monitor with LED

CONNECTIVITY   VGA DVI (HDCP)

STAND  Tilt adjustable

BUILT-IN DEVICES   Kensington security ports

SIZE AND WEIGHT
Dimensions (H x W x D):
288mm x 481mm x 152mm(11.34” x 18.95” x 5.98”)
Weight (monitor and cables)
4.2kg (9.22 lb)
Weight (with packaging)
5.6kg (12.32 lb)

ELECTRICAL
Voltage Required:
100 to 240 VAC / 50 or 60 Hz + 3 Hz / 1.6A (maximum)
Operating (Typical - Maximum)
22W - 25W (max)

WHAT'S IN THE BOX
IN2020M 20” widescreen monitor
Power cord
VGA cable
CD User’s guide and documentation
DVI cable and HDMI cable are not included
Both have 3 years warranty
dell has a better contrast ratio , LED backlit
price is similar so its not an issue ..
i have nver had a dell monitor (always been samsung CRTs) .. that and the fact that the in2020 is recently launched is the only reason i am skeptical .. not really sure
oh and I dont want a bigger screen .. 20 is enough .. and not too fussed about HD ready thing either .. dont plan to use it for anything other than computer use .. and not that into gaming
basic monitor , but as its my first (lcd) , want to get it right
help please

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ i would go for that first one anyday for it's sleek, slender and sexy look :p

The contrast ratio of the other monitor is mentioned as DCR which is not very reliable as a specification as every manufacturer measures it in different ways.

To know any monitor's contrast ratio correctly always depend on Typical contrast ratio.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@karan85, if didn't get any review for any product (like monitor) try search it in Google in sites like NewEgg, tigerdirect, amazon. consumer comments carries many times more value than reviews. cause after all they used it or been using it. so any problem in long term can be sighted easily than features that are common to all monitors in 20'' LED/LCD, 22'' LCD/LED. hope you got my point.

Cilus

laborare est orare
You can increase your budget by 0.3k and get a BenQ 22" G2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor.
I purchased it last Thursday on Kolkata at 7.3k + 4% vat. The monitor is really great. It is also awarded the best buy award in the June Digit Issue.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ congrats ! - that's a great monitor - if he can spend that much it would to the best thing to get but as he has told :

oh and I dont want a bigger screen .. 20 is enough .. and not too fussed about HD ready thing either .. dont plan to use it for anything other than computer use .. and not that into gaming

I think the sleek and sexy looking Samsung B2030 @ 5.5k is more suitable for him.

Top Bottom