New Amd Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Here check the new AMD processors and their a bit wierd but new style of naming.
*en.expreview.com/2008/09/22/amd-45nm-cpu-naming-scheme-changed/

SO we see DDR3-1333MHz memory support WOW! And there's 3GHz procc too.
I've had news that the 2.4 or 2.6GHz goes to 4GHz!

Look at the 2nd procc from the top, that shud be selling Q408, that means nxt month or nxt to nxt month at the latest, but this one's only got ddr2 memory support. guess they are still testing the ddr3 ones, they've sent it to a secret lab in TAIWAN for testing.

Here read that too:
*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9534&Itemid=1

GauravCJ

Banned
No worries, Nehalem will annhilate them in terms of performance. But if strategically priced, then these might affect the upcoming Intel lineup quite seriously, just like the 4870 and the 4870X2 chewed up GreenGoblin's butt real bad.

I admire AMD, but facing facts as they are, their proccy department sucks big time compared to Intel. There is no comparison.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

8MB of cache, impressive, 3GHz is the speed, there's reports of 4GHz hitting easy, and those were just engineering samples(stock cooling).

Nehalem hits 4-4.5GHz from base to extreme model. Now that's a sweet thing. AMD's completed procc.s if hits 4.5GHz, and wham, no matter AMD doesn't seize the UBER High End procc stats, but all budget and performance i.e. VFM will go to AMD, yessssss..

"AMD, din dukhiyo ka hope"

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Competition in Proccy = Low Prices.....:D

If both Nehalam and AMD's new proccy arrives, sure i get at least a E8600 and a QX9550 if possible(if priced at 7k....:D:D:D)....

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

Dissapointing results, although prices are sweet....

See..

*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9559&Itemid=1

x3060

A LOTR fan
i will wait for the prices to fall ... am not in for fastest thing, so naturally next update from x2 3600 is going to be "amd" again.
that proc is really running well for me, doing my jobs...no probs at all.

4T7

Journeyman
People are underestimating Deneb especially Nehalem engineers, I hope they turn out to be wrong :)

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

No, even AMD knows that Deneb is not competing with the iCore7 extreme CPU, but the other two(2.66GHz and 2.93GHz variants).

And AMD has it's goal fixed, by Q3 2009, they have promised to beat Intel....

wait a sec, if deneb 2.6 can do 4, and core i7 2.66 can also do 4, we must be in for a jackpot - we can safely buy cpus seeing their default clocks since oc potential is same.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

And Nehalem last release is doing 2.66Ghz. It's set for production. AMD's is still an engineering sample, wich means more improvements.

AND SEE THIS, affordable quad-core propous for us soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*www.expreview.com/news/hard/2008-09-02/1220325516d9932.html

AMD ROADMAP

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

New latest NEWS:::

1. Hmm, Impressive lower power consumption in their line-up isn't it.

Well, here's news about AMD graphics card, BUT MOBILE GFX, finally.

*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9747&Itemid=1

Here's the test rig, see that SMALL but POWERFUL baby there?
*www.guru3d.com/news/amd-shows-mobility-radeon-hd-4000-chip/

===============================================

2. Here's good news finally, AMD has captured massive shares of the market in the U.S., everyone is wanting 48xx and even adapted immediately to 46xx due to low price- high performance.
Hmm smthing else to cheer for the AMD fans eh:

*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9741&Itemid=1

3. Here's a big let down. AM3 and 790FX will be there by Q1 2009, but they will be darn costly, and will only enter the manistream market later.

*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9740&Itemid=1

4. Last but not the least, something to cheer for the existing AMD BOARD OWNERS with AM2+ SOCKET.

45nm Denebs shud be working on them, so existing AMD users and fans won't need a complete upgrade to use Denebs, unlike Nehalem, usme toh sab kuch costly aur naya lagaana padega

*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9739&Itemid=1

The fact that AM2+ socket supports Deneb was revealed by AMD AT THE TIME OF AM2+ LAUNCH. Thats one of the main reasons almost NOBODY buys those once popular 690G motherboards.

The stratagy is simple - Deneb is going to sport both DDR2 and DDR3 controllers on the CPU die. This means that DDR2 remains mainsteram for a little longer and people with existing AMD rigs can get a sweet upgrade. And since the cheapest price for AM2+ motherboards in India is Rs. 3,400 and abroad its 69$, while DDR2 800MHz RAM costs Rs. 700/GB in India and 15$ abroad, people can get a sweet deal with 300$ denebs, when compared to Nehalem whose motherboard itself costs 300-400$ and RAM costs 30$.

While this means AMD retains its post as an UBER budget friendly VFM company, it also has safeguards - CPUs older than Denebs DONT fit in AM3 motherboards, effectively ensuring that AMD makes merry when it sells the 8xx series boards, as people will be forced to buy only CPUs costing over 250-300$ and not the older 60$ cheap athlons.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

Thnx well here's an update, to porve just HOW POPULAR AMD gfx cards hav just gotten:

*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9766&Itemid=1

Yeah u read right, 9 out of 10 hurray. Very Happy Very Happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom