Net Banking ??

I want to open a new savings account only for net banking purposes.

Which bank has the best net banking services ?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well nowadays almost all the bank offers Net-banking, but not sure how to judge the best, as all the bank stress upon this feature as maximum peoples fulfills their banking needs from net-banking only.

I personally used SBI, Axis, ICICI B2. I'd recommend SBI always, Axis is also good.

But this doesn't mean I'm not satisfied with ICICI B2.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have an ICICI Savings account. Can't comment on other services. But I am very much satisfied with ICICI.
Security wise I think it should be the best. When I do any online transaction, it also asks me the numeral codes on my debit card.
Recently it has also introduced 3D Secure Pin to authenticate transactions. So I think, its quite active to make transactions secure.

Also, customer care of ICICI is very good. Phone banking works flawlessly. I can know my balance, last 5 transactions, can change PIN, etc, easily on a phone number, provided by ICICI.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well @OP changed his post. If you want only Net Banking, I'd recommend ICICI B2 : ICICI Bank: Branchfree Banking

mrintech

Technomancer
Well @OP changed his post. If you want only Net Banking, I'd recommend ICICI B2 : ICICI Bank: Branchfree Banking

ICICI B2 Banking is only available in selected cities and pin codes: ICICI free banking City pincode List :)

@OP - I highly recommend HDFC Bank - They are awesome and also allows you to create a Virtual Credit Card instantly :)

clmlbx

Technomancer
ICICI and Axis both r good and that virtual credit cards are also present in Axis..

currently using axis

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
I have an IndusInd bank account and quiet happy with the Net Banking services.
They also provide their ATM with "Verified With VISA" so you can pay online using your card, with high transaction security...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I have an ICICI Savings account. Can't comment on other services. But I am very much satisfied with ICICI.
Security wise I think it should be the best. When I do any online transaction, it also asks me the numeral codes on my debit card.
Recently it has also introduced 3D Secure Pin to authenticate transactions. So I think, its quite active to make transactions secure.
I have to second this for ICICI. This is one of the major plus points while transacting online using ICICI. I have used Citibank and that's quite good as well. I'm currently tied to HDFC and the worst part is having to wait 24 hours, post adding a beneficiary, for authentication purpose. So my vote goes to ICICI as well.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
You create them from your bank's Internet banking service for limited or one time use. They expire after 30 minutes or so.

Oh....sounds nice. Will try it out. But if they expire, and the merchant requests the online amount after 2-3 days (Flipkart does this) --- will it still honor..?

mrintech

Technomancer
What is Virtual Credit Cards ?
What is a Virtual Credit Card (VCC) & How to get one? | A Techies Blog :)
Oh....sounds nice. Will try it out. But if they expire, and the merchant requests the online amount after 2-3 days (Flipkart does this) --- will it still honor..?

Yes, provided the transaction is successful on that particular day when the VCC is valid :)

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I use SBI Internet banking and I like it. I have used a 4-5 bank's Internet banking and I can say that SBI is pretty good, if not the best.
For security, they send SMS codes for every transaction. You have to enter the code for the transaction to succeed. So as long as you have your cell with you, it's pretty secure. The interface is also easy to understand. And they don't force you to change passwords after every X number of days. And they don't block the account if you enter wrong password twice or thrice.
Honestly speaking, according to me, blocking the account for wrong password hardly secures the account. If someone is trying to guess the password, they'll never find out. And I think they'll detect bots if it tries 100 passwords per second.
I particularly like the billing thing. It supports a lot of billers, don't know if other banks have this feature. Also it works with all browsers, including Opera. So basically everything that I find irritating in Other banks Internet Banking is missing from SBI

once the transaction is successful, it cannot be denied, they must have the required system in place.
Also, we can set the credit limit in a virtual credit card. So say if you have to perform a transaction for Rs. 500, you can set the limit at that. So even if you try another transaction from this card, it will be denied.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I'd never advice a PSU bank as I hate them so so much (especially their Clerks/Employees). Anyway, you could try HDFC or AXIS, they are really good. Citi is great imo. But when filling up the form do tick only to those boxes which you want.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Using HDFC netbanking since 3 years and very happy with it. Their twitter account is also very active. Almost all of my queries get addressed there...

Hardly need to visit any branch for transactions. All things online. ;)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Wow.. didnt realized even ICICI could have a Twitter account. So searched for one.
And it seems quite active. Now I can clear any doubts over it!
BTW, what's "DM" in Twitter? Direct Message? "?

rajeevk

Journeyman

Also, customer care of ICICI is very good. Phone banking works flawlessly. I can know my balance, last 5 transactions, can change PIN, etc, easily on a phone number, provided by ICICI.

True. I also have a savings account in ICICI and I am fully satisfied with their net banking. :)

Top Bottom