Need : winXP SP3 zipped! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

anish_sha

.:: 3 : 1 6 ::.
Guys, i saw over the net the windows longhorn was zipped to a 2 mb file! ! When i extracted the iso file was 700 mb ! ! Can anyone zip the 350 mb sp 3 file to something less than 90 mb n upload in rapidshare pls.. I'm having dialup so can't download such a big file.. Pls do it for me guys who 've fast connection. . .

satyamy

Alive Again...
Guys, i saw over the net the windows longhorn was zipped to a 2 mb file! ! When i extracted the iso file was 700 mb ! ! Can anyone zip the 350 mb sp 3 file to something less than 90 mb n upload in rapidshare pls.. I'm having dialup so can't download such a big file.. Pls do it for me guys who 've fast connection. . .

2mb file

that is impossible

can you send that 2mb file here ?

and for you

i tried to zip SP3 of 336mb but its compression ration is 99% so it is now 330mb

you can use download manager like FDM or Download Accelerator for downloading because SP3 supports resuming

or i can divide 336 into 4 parts and upload it to rapidshare
and you can download it in 4 times

but as i think in both the conditions downloading time will be same

viswanadh

Broken In
Yes, it's possible to get longhorn in 2mb from what I've heard. This can be done using KGB archiver. But it needs too much hardware and time for very high compression rates :( Check out yourself

enticer86

Stay Silent!
That would be really helpful if anyone can do that.
ALso heard something called "Carbon" works just lik that: compressing to almost 10% the size of the original file.

BTW isn't SP3 supposed to be still in Beta stage, only for testers?

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Im most of the times files compressed with KBarchiver gets currupted due to high compression. Ive even seen Vista 3.7GB DVD iso in 1.4MB file nd after decompressing it itll be 3.7GB.
But the iso file cudnt be mounted. Thats it. U can achieve gud compressions wih text/pdf/html files but not with already compressed files like .cab, .bin etc.
U can use torrents to dl the service packs, even leagal ones are there on torrents.

OP
anish_sha

anish_sha

.:: 3 : 1 6 ::.
heres the one i got, didnt try to mount it

*rapidshare.com/files/80738686/Microsoft_Windows_Vista.rar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
probably you will need around hrs & hrs of CPU time to uncompress it.
also the chances of errors are increased

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
there is no official kgb version and the zipped versions are illegal add to tht the probability of them being legit fakes

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
It's better to get it from a friend who has a broadband connection or wait for digit to give it.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
[just for the sake of info]
full 4gb GTA:SA game in 64kb.It was showing 6 hours decompressing time on my c2d+2gb RAM.:|.I am speechless.

not:I haven't decompressed and installed it though so can't say it works or not.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
[just for the sake of info]
full 4gb GTA:SA game in 64kb.It was showing 6 hours decompressing time on my c2d+2gb RAM.:|.I am speechless.

not:I haven't decompressed and installed it though so can't say it works or not.

It will take more than 6 hours try it.KGB archiver decompresses it in more than 14 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom