Need Suggestion on Xperia Neo V (ICS)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Hi,
I was looking for a budget android phone (upto 17k max) and found out Xperia Neo is pretty good and in range. But after googling for it more I learned that people are having performance problems after ICS upgrade.
Is there anyone in this forum who has got the phone and has upgraded to ICS? If yes then please let me know whether to go for it or not.

If you have got any other better suggestion within this range please let me know.

1. The phone should run ICS well.
2. Front cam and Skype video calling support is very essential as it will be used daily. (My Galaxy SL is not officially supported by Skype hence video call does not work, trying to avoid repeating the same mistake)
3. Min 3.7 inch screen is desired.
4. 3G capable :p

Thanks.

aroraanant

Explorer
A friend of my owns and he has upgraded to ICS and he is not facing any issues.
Neo V is a very good option, you can also consider Desire S for 16k

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
What about the less free memory for installing applications, I heard only 100 mb is available after ics update to install apps. Apps like facebook and skype take lot of space.

I have to buy one today , please let me know :D . Also i am getting it for 17150/- , is the price good?

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
One more question, due to its weird resolution, is there any problem in running apps ? Do all apps/games work properly?

And one more query, what are the details on the HSDPA/HSUPA specifications of this phone , I could not find any details. Gotta buy one this evening.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
updating software removes all old OS parts. but once updated, a system reset is a must. most peoples don't do it and later moan saying update crapped their mobile. idiots.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Ok, bought the phone. Was not able to see live demo as shopkeepers don't open the box. Screen is total sh1t, yellow tinted. On max brightness the phone is barely usable. My Galaxy Sl on low medium brightness kicks this phones ***.
Wtf WTF WTF :(

Googled for it and the issue is common, the screen with this phone is POS. 17k in drain. Someone could have warned me :(

Raccoon

Journeyman
updating software removes all old OS parts. but once updated, a system reset is a must. most peoples don't do it and later moan saying update crapped their mobile. idiots.

Removing all "old OS parts" includes deleting everything on the SD card?

mitraark

Decrepit
Ok, bought the phone. Was not able to see live demo as shopkeepers don't open the box. Screen is total sh1t, yellow tinted. On max brightness the phone is barely usable. My Galaxy Sl on low medium brightness kicks this phones ***.

Googled for it and the issue is common, the screen with this phone is POS. 17k in drain. Someone could have warned me :(

What , it cannot be that bad , Neo V is the most recommended phone in the 16-18k budget.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Removing all "old OS parts" includes deleting everything on the SD card?

not sure. maybe SD card will be untouched.

After updation all settings are already gone, then what to reset? :?

many members here have their mobile became slow or reboots randomly after update. a hard reset solved it. this can be cause of left over files from the update process.

Bravia engine doing this?

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Disabled/enabled the Bravia engine, no effect. I have Galaxy Ace, SL and a S2 in family, all have exceptional screens. Even though Ace has low res still the whites and blacks on the screen are proper. On this phone its difficult to separate white and gray.
Very disappointing, this LCD screen is from the 90's.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I want to see another Neo V in action , if the problem is only with my handset then there is hope of replacement.

sainath

Android Addicted
Did you take any steps prior or post the upgrade? I mean like formatting SD card, Resetting etc?

You can update Neo V to ICS without remove your data settings and system settings.

I want to see another Neo V in action , if the problem is only with my handset then there is hope of replacement.

Neo V has not so good viewing angle. i.e. If you see your phone from another angle color changed to little bit yellowish. Otherwise it is totally PAISA VASUL phone. You got little bit expensive, I have bought it for approx Rs.17000 in Mumbai 3 months ago.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Actually Neo V's screen happens to appear bit tinted(not yellow though) when compared to High End Samsung Phones.
And its not a big deal.There wasnt much of an issue while using it.

I myself have experienced the same while using my friends' Galaxy S2 and Neo V side-by-side.
Though i cant say the same about Ace and others.

I think OP is too used to SAMSUNG screens thats why he is experiencing it.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I think OP is too used to SAMSUNG screens thats why he is experiencing it.

May be you are correct, but I didn't have problem using Xperia Arc. Thats why I think this phone definitely has inferior panel as compared to other sony phone. For the same price Samsung offers much better panels (although the ppi of this lcd is really good , but the color reproduction and contrast is also important).

Top Bottom