Need suggestion for PSU

Cilus

laborare est orare
After all of your suggestion, I've decided to go for a new premium PSU and wants it have a premium level one.
I'm going to do Overclocking both the CPU and Gfx card and also the Rams. I'm planning for Crossfire also, probably with HD 5850, which I'm gonna buy within 2 months.
I also want a good future proof solution, so that even going for higher end gfx cards in next few years, this PSU should be sufficient. So my choice is 750W and above.
My max Stretched budget is 7k to 8k. Can't go for anything over.
I have sort-listed the following PSUs:

1. FSP Everest 80 Plus 900W @ 7.8k
  2. Cooler Master GX-750W @ 6.7k
  3. SeaSonic Bronze S12D 850W @ 7.15k
  4. Corsair TX850W @ 7.3k
Please let me know your feedback. I want some suggestion from Asigh, as he is having long experience with Crossfire.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
All within your range...

TX650 ~6000
TX750 ~6700
TX850 ~7140

All three will support your need comfortably. The TX650 only has 2x PEG connectors, but can be managed to create 2x more using molex converters. TX750 fits the bill just perfect. TX850 if you are over cautious. All three are stellar, excellent efficiency, clean ripple power. Enjoy. Try to get 2x HD5870 is you can.

Piyush

Lanaya
ur 3rd and 4th choice seem good to me

u must have heard about antec earth watts....if u can find it then its a good option too(but i doubt its availibility)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Cilus, bro as your budget high. better invest in the modular version of the TX750W. with Xfire, cable management will give you a hard day. with less cable, airflow will be much better.

OP
Cilus

Cilus

laborare est orare
1st of all thanks a lot to all of you.. for
1. Opening my eyes regrading the value of a Good PSU
2. Helping me out yo chose the right one

Last Saturday I purchased the Corsair TX850 and its really great. Already posted in "Post your Latest Purchase" section. This monster provide 70A to the 12V rail, 80+ certified under 90% load and comes with 5 Yrs of warranty.
The price is 7.7k including vat. Purchased from MD Computers, Kolkata.
I think for next few years, no upgrade from my side requires any change in PSU.:razz:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
1st of all thanks a lot to all of you.. for
1. Opening my eyes regrading the value of a Good PSU
2. Helping me out yo chose the right one

Last Saturday I purchased the Corsair TX850 and its really great. Already posted in "Post your Latest Purchase" section. This monster provide 70A to the 12V rail, 80+ certified under 90% load and comes with 5 Yrs of warranty.
The price is 7.7k including vat. Purchased from MD Computers, Kolkata.
I think for next few years, no upgrade from my side requires any change in PSU.:razz:

You can waltz through three more system refreshes and you TX850 will still be rock stable.

insaneYLN

In the zone
Friends, other than the current (in Ampere) rating on the 12V rail, what are the other essential factors required for consideration when contemplating a new PSU purchase?

What does one mean by "Modular"?

Hoping to get my noobish queries cleared soon..:blank:

OP
Cilus

Cilus

laborare est orare
Well, other things include Efficiency of the PSU, ie, how much power it will take from your home to deliver the required rated power and in which load.
Sometimes it is observed that cheaper 80+ PSus only provides 80% efficiency in nominal load (say 50% to max 80%). After that their efficiency start to reduce. Where as a Bronze, Silver or Gold Certified PSUs can deliver more than 80% efficiency in most of the times and they provide 80% efficiency in heavy load (like 90% to 100%).

Modular Power Supply Unit, or "MPS", is the term used to describe a type of PSU in which the user can modify the power connectors to suit their personal needs. In a "Modular Power Supply", there are detachable power connectors that can be changed depending on what amount of power or type of connector that a component requires.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Plz steer clear from the GX series from Coolermaster.
It uses Su’scon capacitors labeled at 85º C.
Also,under load ripple current becomes an issue.

Look

Go for the corsair TX series if the wallet permits.

See here

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ Cilus: if Tagan is not ur "much" hated brand, then giv it a shot, its also modular along with the Corsair's TX series.. :)

OP
Cilus

Cilus

laborare est orare
@ Cilus: if Tagan is not ur "much" hated brand, then giv it a shot, its also modular along with the Corsair's TX series.. :smile:

Thanks for your suggestion, buddy. But i already bought my PSU. Check my last but 2nd post.
I have bought the Corsair TX850 850W.

Top Bottom