Not open for further replies.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
This is my laptop configuration..
*i.imgur.com/m99wD.png

Presently task manager state is this..

*i.imgur.com/VvkY3.png

So laptop running is very slow,..

Please help me in increasing performance.. I was thinking of adding up 2 GB RAM bt need your opinions..

Piyush

Lanaya
first of all... stop using chrome
remove unnecessary applications

do disk fragmentation if you havent done it already
use MyDefrag tool for this as it has better scripts than any other defragmenting tools

OP
pulkitpopli2004

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
if not chrome den which one??

app are very few already.. i think i need to defrag.. its have been long tym probably..

otherwise last option wud be RAM upgrade? wht do u say?

Piyush

Lanaya
hmm chrome took about 102MB, but will firefox or opera take less than that?

not 102 mb, but may be more than 200mb coz we havent even seen his complete task manager processes profile (the pic is incomplete, see the scroll bar)

and the reason for choosing firefox/opera was no because of less memory usage, but for single process for execution.
on the other hand, chrome make separate process for each tab, making system to respond ineffectively on low memory.

OP
pulkitpopli2004

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
on the other hand, chrome make separate process for each tab, making system to respond ineffectively on low memory.

yes this wud definitely b the reason..
anyways.. i defrag my Drive using myDefrag tool.. nw i m shifting to Firefox 14.. lets c what change in performance is visible..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
have a look at this pic ( opened only youtube home page on Chromium 23.0.1245.0 (153173), FF 15.01 and IE9 ) :

*i45.tinypic.com/v3q7mg.png

don't think much about those white/blurred spaces - those are edited out ;-)

So which browser uses max amount of mem ? you can use chromium like me and seriously do add 1GB/2GB ram.

Hrishi

You are running Windows 7 With just 1GB of ram alongwith an Anti-Virus application. If you will look closely at your Task manager and MSINFO32 pic, you wil find the Physical memory usage reaching its peak at 90% and 83% respectively.
Do whatever tweak you like , but don't forget to Upgrade the RAM to atleast 4GB for smooth operation. The problem is with the RAM.

Also try to disable unnecessary applications at windows startup.

BTW , as far as browser is concerned I always use Opera on Win8 and Safari on Win7.

have a look at this pic ( opened only youtube home page on Chromium 23.0.1245.0 (153173), FF 15.01 and IE9 ) :

*i45.tinypic.com/v3q7mg.png

don't think much about those white/blurred spaces - those are edited out ;-)

So which browser uses max amount of mem ? you can use chromium like me and seriously do add 1GB/2GB ram.

WHy not Internet Explorer ?? It uses less memory than Chrome . :p

Flash

Lost in speed
If you're using 'Tuneup utilities', switch to 'TURBO MODE'.
It surely speeds up the system.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
he doesn't need to. turning off all unnecessary services (CCleaner or Tuneup itself provides a nice and clean list) and tone down the UI by turning off all extra animations. even without switching to classic theme, UI will speed up to a bit.

Flash

Lost in speed
Funny.
Practically it does nothing, seriously! And this is coming from a user.

My system was a bit slow,before using that!
With the turbo mode, i've tweaked some processes and can experience a bit speed than former.
Why do you think they have a feature called TURBO MODE, if it doesn't do any speedup??

For funny users ?

Disabling aero surely speeds up the system and it's one of the step in TURBO!

OP
pulkitpopli2004

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
i thing i would like to know that after upgrading my Laptop's RAM performance has been increased. Applications are running smoothly.. But Still the Windows Experience Index is 2.6 which is very less IMO..
Is this normal???

What is your Windows Experience Index score?? share the snapshot if possible.

Piyush

Lanaya
i thing i would like to know that after upgrading my Laptop's RAM performance has been increased. Applications are running smoothly.. But Still the Windows Experience Index is 2.6 which is very less IMO..
Is this normal???

What is your Windows Experience Index score?? share the snapshot if possible.
WEI score is nothing but misguided info IMO
it runs some benchmarks and post the lowest score from all the tests
Dont worry...enjoy your new system :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are running Windows 7 With just 1GB of ram alongwith an Anti-Virus application. If you will look closely at your Task manager and MSINFO32 pic, you wil find the Physical memory usage reaching its peak at 90% and 83% respectively.
Do whatever tweak you like , but don't forget to Upgrade the RAM to atleast 4GB for smooth operation. The problem is with the RAM.

Also try to disable unnecessary applications at windows startup.

BTW , as far as browser is concerned I always use Opera on Win8 and Safari on Win7.

WHy not Internet Explorer ?? It uses less memory than Chrome . :p

may be my habit ;-) I usually use Opera for browsing, Chrome for secure webpages and IE for downloading with IDM ;-) recommended Chromium to Op as he is a user of Chrome - so he should feel right at hhme while using Chromium.

Anyway, nice to know that Op's issue has been solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom