Need new Phone for a budget of about 24k

aroraanant

Explorer
If you are planning to buy now(I mean in a couple of weeks) then I suggest you to get One S or Xperia S, both are available for 26-27k easily.
I know you have to increase your budget for them but then they are worth it.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
I do own a Galaxy S2. Got it Aug 2011. After a year it's still going strong..... I have rooted it and a bunch of new softwares which were otherwise locked out now rule my s2 :)
It's true, you can't do much wrong going for this brute.

Using Tapatalk on this baby to be always on touch with Digit is just great.....
Can't get enough of its super amoled screen....
:D

Erm..rooting it???What is it..something like unlocking something..do all samsung phones need to be rooted to perform better?

in grey market u can find a brand new s3..mostly imported...around ur budget.

I am sorry..its too big a risk for a phone that cost 25k almost...not too keen on doing this grey market business

If you are planning to buy now(I mean in a couple of weeks) then I suggest you to get One S or Xperia S, both are available for 26-27k easily.
I know you have to increase your budget for them but then they are worth it.

No..planning to buy it in november or so..opened the thread early to get an idea on the smartphone market...

So i asked a friend of mine who owns an s2 for the past one year..even he says it gets quite hot...pls need help with this...Also i noticed S2 as having Mali 400MP (QuadCore) GPU..how good is it compared to its competitors...and any word on the Samsung 4210 1.2Ghz DualCore processor..how good is it...heard SE phones have slower processors...do these phones have 1gb ram & NFC for bluetooth?

digitalkerala

Broken In
Sony Xperia S have already dropped down its price to 26,500 in our local sony showroom. The little extra money u pay over GS2 is always worth for the high resolution 720p display, GLONASS , 12 MP camera & NFC. No doubt, Sony Xperia S > SGS2.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Erm..rooting it???What is it..something like unlocking something..do all samsung phones need to be rooted to perform better?
So i asked a friend of mine who owns an s2 for the past one year..even he says it gets quite hot...pls need help with this...Also i noticed S2 as having Mali 400MP (QuadCore) GPU..how good is it compared to its competitors...and any word on the Samsung 4210 1.2Ghz DualCore processor..how good is it...heard SE phones have slower processors...do these phones have 1gb ram & NFC for bluetooth?

Rooting is basically tweaking the OS of the mobile such that you get root privileges..Similar to Administrator account in windows machine. This doesnt get you a better performance but it does get you more usability option. Let's leave it at that as its not phone specific.

Yes it does get hot after extended hd video watching or gaming but that's natural I say. I would think packing a dual core cpu... Multi core hpu in such a compact package would do the same to any. Mind you it's not uncomfortable though...

The processor on cpu and gpu though 18 months old now still hold its good against it same price range compatriots.

I am just back from gsmarena reading about a comparison between se and s2.
www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_s_vs_samsung_galaxy_s_ii-review-734p6.php

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Sony Xperia S have already dropped down its price to 26,500 in our local sony showroom. The little extra money u pay over GS2 is always worth for the high resolution 720p display, GLONASS , 12 MP camera & NFC. No doubt, Sony Xperia S > SGS2.

26K is still too high for me...infact spending 24k itself is a big deal for me...so 26k is out of the question..can't raise so much money...

Why not Galaxy Nexus? Best. Future Proof. Instant Updates.

hmm haven't looked into it...will see how it is today...

Rooting is basically tweaking the OS of the mobile such that you get root privileges..Similar to Administrator account in windows machine. This doesnt get you a better performance but it does get you more usability option. Let's leave it at that as its not phone specific.

Yes it does get hot after extended hd video watching or gaming but that's natural I say. I would think packing a dual core cpu... Multi core hpu in such a compact package would do the same to any. Mind you it's not uncomfortable though...

The processor on cpu and gpu though 18 months old now still hold its good against it same price range compatriots.

I am just back from gsmarena reading about a comparison between se and s2.
www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_s_vs_samsung_galaxy_s_ii-review-734p6.php

thanks..but do all dual core phones suffer from heating problems or just the s2...hmm will get the rooting thing done from a store when i buy my phone..thank you..didn't know about it...

So basically GSM says SE is better?

one more question...do SGS2 come with NFC support in india??I do plan on getting bluetooth connectivity in my car & others...or are these things not relevant with NFC?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
hmm haven't looked into it...will see how it is today...

remember it is without warranty but for the spec, it is a good deal.

thanks..but do all dual core phones suffer from heating problems or just the s2...hmm will get the rooting thing done from a store when i buy my phone..thank you..didn't know about it...

you don't need to visit any mobile repair store or service center to get your mobile rooted. it is as simple as running a software in your desktop or mobile :)

one more question...do SGS2 come with NFC support in india??I do plan on getting bluetooth connectivity in my car & others...or are these things not relevant with NFC?

mope. no NFC. And you don't need NFC to pair with car's audio system.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
I would think all multi core cpu phones would get hot after extended use.

Also please note... Rooting an android voids the warranty. I didn't root my cell until almost an year was up after my purchase.
Yes it makes the phone all the more fun for use.... But there's the catch ;)

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
I would think all multi core cpu phones would get hot after extended use.

Also please note... Rooting an android voids the warranty. I didn't root my cell until almost an year was up after my purchase.
Yes it makes the phone all the more fun for use.... But there's the catch ;)

oh i c...because this friend of mine was complaining about the hot problem thing with his htc phone too..so...relief...can anyone also explain to me what is nfc for?Can't i pair a bluetooth device to call using s2?
Oh thanks for the info..didn't know rooting voids warranty..thanks..will do it a year later...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
simply opt for COD. 27k mayn't be allowed as it is a big sum. some website allows upto 25k. rest need to be paid upfront.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
simply opt for COD. 27k mayn't be allowed as it is a big sum. some website allows upto 25k. rest need to be paid upfront.

Pardon me but what is COD?

I also need a phone with good quality music player..esp with headphones on...video player should support hd videos as well...

LegendKiller

In the zone
Isn't it risky buying one of these imported phones with no manufacturer warranty? Expecially the one's not officially sold in India? I emailed Samsung for Google Nexus and they said they won't repair it.......as its not officially sold by them.

perplexed

Journeyman
Isn't it risky buying one of these imported phones with no manufacturer warranty? Expecially the one's not officially sold in India? I emailed Samsung for Google Nexus and they said they won't repair it.......as its not officially sold by them.

They will repair it but will charge for it.. nexus' warranty is VOID in India

Top Bottom