Need new Phone for a budget of about 24k

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
so with all of these issues isn't the S2 the better choice .... awesome developer support (XDA forums and all) ....OK OK hardware (Awesome graphics by the way) .... expandable memory ( a boon for indians with expensive data plans) .... and a removable battery ( you can swap it for a 2100 mah one) .... the only downside is the low res screen, low MP camera and the fact that it's 1.5 years old ....

S2 ? worth buying?

Seriously thought of buying S2 but since its too old,didn't think it was worth buying now...Also i don't where people are quoting prices from but even digit quoting 26k for Xperia S...

Where did they find this price list??

Diwali Buying Guide: Smartphones - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit Features

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Seriously thought of buying S2 but since its too old,didn't think it was worth buying now...Also i don't where people are quoting prices from but even digit quoting 26k for Xperia S...

Where did they find this price list??

Diwali Buying Guide: Smartphones - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit Features

I'm not sure how the S2 can be called old. The hardware is pretty good, its getting regular updates from google (jellybean is coming soon), memory is not a problem.

And its not as if the Xperia S is that spanking new either..... I guess if we're going to splurge we should jump straight to the S3 :)

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
no doubt s2 is one of the best phones out there...but wanted to try out something other than samsung for a change...surprisingly there are very less choices in this price range...

ajaymailed

In the zone
no doubt s2 is one of the best phones out there...but wanted to try out something other than samsung for a change...surprisingly there are very less choices in this price range...
You can also try HTC One S, most powerful dual core chipset but only 16 GB Internal Storage. should be ensured that it has got Krait Core and not older Scorpion core.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
another option is LG Optimus L9. From hardware point of view should cost 22-23k and compete with Xperia P. But display is a massive 4.7" and non-HD resolution.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
another option is LG Optimus L9. From hardware point of view should cost 22-23k and compete with Xperia P. But display is a massive 4.7" and non-HD resolution.
Hmm will look into this phone today..lets see

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes

It’s really good phone man.. Even qHD screen will do the job if it falls under 23k price bracket.. Any availability news?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
will be on sale soon at flipkart. currently tagged as "coming soon" so expect L9 by diwali. Should get priced same or slightly higher than Xperia P.

ajaymailed

In the zone
wait for sometime, untill LG releases Nexus 4. Imported ones 8 GB costs 23K and 16 GB costs 27.5K. if LG releases the phone, completely worth putting 27K for 16 GB version.
Google LG Nexus 4 price in India and release date revealed unofficially - Mobiletor.com

perplexed

Journeyman
wait for sometime, untill LG releases Nexus 4. Imported ones 8 GB costs 23K and 16 GB costs 27.5K. if LG releases the phone, completely worth putting 27K for 16 GB version.
Google LG Nexus 4 price in India and release date revealed unofficially - Mobiletor.com

Don't hold your breath.. Last heard, the voice on the phone is almost inaudible and the awesome hardware of Nexus 4 is surprisingly slow..

ajaymailed

In the zone
probably offtopic but i think smartphone is toughest of all gadgets to choose from. ecosystem, apps, customizations, OS look n feel, Skins besides the hardware features like display, storage, battery, CPU, GPU, Camera, sensors and finally the how the phone looks, build quality. Creating a High End Gaming Desktop seems simpler than this.

debarshi

Otaku
I would prefer the LG Nexus 4 if I were you, just because of future-proofing with the Android OS, and the excellent hardware, and the lags and glitches are due to a brand new Android 4.2
An OTA update should be fixing it soon

perplexed

Journeyman
some forums claim that nexus 4 will retail here at 30K or so...any truth to that?

Yes many respectable blogs have quoted that price.. considering that it is priced in US at 17k, it is atrocious to pay 30k for same model only to recieve all updates later than the US models..

Btw, look in GSM arena, they have raised serious questions about the HW in Nexus 4. Apparently the Adreno 320 doesn't perform as expected.. it is in most cases, similar to Adreno 225. Also, the processor inspite of being so strong on paper, ends up loosing to many present flagships with much lesser capable proccys..

One more thing.. Can anyone confirm if HTC One S in India has recieved the JB update ? Yes, I am talking of the HTC One S (C2) model !!!
Thanks !

debarshi

Otaku
Well, that may be because Android 4.2 is not yet optimized for that hardware...
So we wont know for sure, until we get actual user reviews instead of benchmarks...............
Like I own an Xperia P, and inspite of having low benchmarks, I love my phone, its metallic feeel and the UI............
So its a very personal choice........ And i saw someone selling them at 24k in Ebay perhaps, imported editions.

Check out these two links
Google Nexus 4 available on eBay India, starting Rs. 23,490 - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit News
and
Nexus 4 available online in India from Rs 23,490

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
so looked extensively for these phones...lg optimus is not available anywhere...also a guy at ezone told me lg service is one of the worst...don't know how true...sony xperia s is easily available but most quoting price of 28-29K...didn't find anything below it...xperia sl was not available in some places..does anyone know whether alfa market in andheri would have it for cheaper price?

debarshi

Otaku
C'mon........... You can bargain to get the Xperia S at 26.5 or 27k........ Prices have dropped....
And Xperia P is 21.5k or 22k

perplexed

Journeyman
@debarshi... yeah I know synthetic benchmarks can never emulate practical things.. thats why they are called synthetic benchmarks afterall.. :) Only if Nexus 4 is somewhere around 25K I am gonna buy it... not expecting it though

Top Bottom