OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
hell o boy !!
everything changing slowly !!

jas ,
Which Mobo version is 12k ? it has 3 models

looking at that cabby , but where wud i get that in stores ? or shud i go with CM 690 advanced ?

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, get the tx650 as suggested by vickybat. And regarding monitor, if you are not planning to go dual/tri monitor in future, try to accommodate the largest size possible. For components which can be easily upgraded (mouse/kb etc.) you can adjust the budget accordingly. And regarding cabinet, if transparent side panel is not important then you can for NZXT Gamma at 2k.

Last edited:
OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
@sarath
I did mention in post 1 that final config is in post51 , posting d full config there would have made it too long

@ Skud
Bigger cabby !! hmm.. even Sarath & jas say that

Firstly my computer table is packed from sides for the cpu , so side panel will make no difference , so the visible part is only the front view.
NZXT GAMMA or CM 690 Advanced ? Just want the components to breathe well and maybe a crossfire in future and some additional ram too

dual / tri monitor : Well No , but after so many changes i will have to see if i have anything left with me to go for 24" rather than 22" or i settle with d same one

EDIT : ( For knowledge only )
How do u ppl decide , whether cabby is big enough for components to breath ? dimension wise ?

I dont like d GAMMA front view at all , i was satisfied with the 430 though for its price :(

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really will suggest you to seriously look at the various Lancool models here:-

TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!

Take your pick as per your budget. And for more details you can check my siggy. ;)

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
Yes its available, bt ranges between 5.5k to 6 k :(

Good News; i just saw ITwares site, they r too at lamington road only , so i can buy from them . so i dont mind the Lian cabinets as far as ITwares provide them in stores

NZXT TEMPEST EVO with 6 fans at 5.8 k ??:(
(Badly Running out of budget !! )

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then get a Lian Li. You won't regret them. :)

PS: Check mt link at post #65.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I'm also suggesting a good cabinet like CM 690 II Advanced or Lian Li cabinets. Additionally I would recommend you to go for a 24" LCD display as in a tomshardware comparative analysis between LED and CCFL LCD dispalys it is clrarly staed that LCD displays are much suited for development and rendering work.

Here is summary from the review:-
Looking across all nine of these monitors, we can generalize and say that LEDs definitely look more dramatic. The blacks are deeper, the whites brighter, and the colors more vibrant. At the same time, we found LEDs more prone to skewing toward a given color and needing more calibration in order to remedy this. CCFL displays often look semi-lifeless when sitting next to an LED, but their colors appear more photo-realistic. CCFL definitely renders more detail in shadows because the blacks haven’t been pushed down as strongly. Yes, sometimes the measurement data contradicts this, but we’re going by side-by-side visual comparisons, and it’s important to weigh both.

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
Final :
Processor: Intel Core i7 2600k @ Rs. 16000
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL @ Rs. 2600
Graphic Card: MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II/OC @Rs.15000/-
HDD: Seagate 1TB 7200.12 @Rs. 2700
DVD Writer : Asus / Sony 24X SATA DVD @ Rs.1100
PSU : Corsair Tx650 @ Rs.5200
Case: CM 690 II Advanced(Transparent Side Panel) @Rs.5500/-
Monitor: Benq G2220HD @ Rs.7200

Total : 55300/-

Still in confusion

Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO @ Rs.13500/-
jas changed it to 12k , wanna know which model out of the 3 in Asus Z series is 12k

Mouse: Deathadder mostly bt my heart says WIRELESS !! Still looking

Keyboard : undecided

Speakers : Altec lansing as stated was decided , bt vickybat suggested Logitech Z523 ,
AL is 1500 while Logi is 4600Rs !! Budget worries !!

Cabinets still on war with HAF 912 advanced , Tempest , Lian Li models, 690 II advanced

If budget is left then upgrade monitor !!

*** !! Wanna end this quick and start buying asap !! ***

Update : ( this one is making me go mad now !! ) from Toms hardware

So who wins? The P8Z68-V Pro has the best overall performance, but the difference between it and the Z68 Extreme4 is less than 1%. The average difference is too small to show up on the chart, and ASRock had better efficiency.

The P8Z68-V Pro has a higher CPU overclock, but we feel a little distressed that a four-module DDR3-2200 memory kit made it beg for mercy. Not that any realistic person would really need memory that fast, but this is just another point in our overall discussion.

The real reason why we can’t hand the win to the P8Z68-V Pro is its compromised expansion card slots. Using the bottom slot at x4 results in two x1 slots and two onboard controllers being disabled. In other words, the bottom graphics card slot turns out to be more gimmick than feature, and may cause system builders to feel like they’ve been duped. That type of tomfoolery might be acceptable in lower-priced segments, but this is a $210 board!

For $10 less, ASRock adds a PCIe bridge to its Z68 Extreme4. Anyone who really wants a x4 slot should view this as mandatory. So, ASRock wins our Recommended Buy award.

does it has only 2 slots for ram ? i m already adding up the 2x2gb Gskill stuff , where is the room for upgrade then ? i already mentioned i will be upgrading d ram to 8gb laterz. If this is true atleast i will go with a 4gb single stick if still going with this mobo

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
Get a 1X4GB gskill or Cosair vengeance stick. Both are equally good. Even I got one to later upgrade to 8GB.

I have a tempest Evo to see how it looks I will post the link if you need. Its there in the "70k Gaming PC" thread if you can find it. However the other choices in your Case are also good.

CLICK HERE FOR MY 70K PC its actually 85k now.

I edited my first post to include my final config a single pic and credits to my friends. Its much easier that way.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
get ASUS P8Z68 V @ 12k~ and shell out money saved on Corsair TX750 V2 @ 6.3k. better if you will crossfire.
(it has 4 ram slots.)

for mouse get CM Spawn (With Free Mouse Pad) @ 2.2k
awesome vfm mouse.
CM Storm Spawn Gaming Mouse Review - Introduction

for keyboard your budget?

for cabinet get Lian Li Lancool K58W @ 4.3k. no need to spend more.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
skud if a person can get a high wattage psu in his budget its good as it is futureproof.
from my experiance (you know ;-)) its not at all good to compromise on psu. the more you can get the better. :-D

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ I agree.
That's why when I've replaced my HD 5770 with the 1st HD 6870, I picked up the TX 850 (although it is a overkill) keeping future multi GPU solution in mind. If your budget permits, no harm to get the TX 750V2 model.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually the main thing is budget. That's why I have said that if OP wants he can stick to TX650 and utilize the money elsewhere.

Otherwise, it is always advisable to go for the best possible SMPS, Monitor, mobo, cabinet etc. which really can serve us even in future systems also.

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
Mb changed to V model
PSU changed to Tx 750

K58case is nt dere at itwares in stock , ll look into it , btw any prbs in cm690II adv ?? Forget d budget

Mouse , kb ..
i hav gone mad lookin at so many of them , ll directly decide in store.. Mostly wireless mouse and a simple multimedia kb or deathadder and sidewinderx4 together

Anything else

shayem

In the zone
Primeabgb and TheITWares
both are in Lamington Road. So you can buy from both.

And here is my final config for you:

Processor:
Intel Core i7 2600k @ Rs. 15900[TheITWares]

RAM:
G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL @ Rs. 2450[Primeabgb offering lifetime warranty on there site.] else go for Corsair CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 Vengeance@ 2650 [primeabgb]

Graphic Card:
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II/OC @Rs.15000/-

HDD:
Seagate 1TB 7200.12 @Rs. 2700

DVD Writer :
Asus 24X SATA DVD @ Rs.1100

PSU :
Corsair Tx750 V2 @ Rs.6200

Case:
NZXT Crafted Series Guardian 921 RB @Rs.3700/- [Primeabgb], Make sure you are getting RB version comes with 3fan included[2x120mm LED red/blue + 1x120mm] not Gurdian 921.

Monitor:
BENQ G2420HD @Rs.11300 [Primeabgb]

Motherboard:
Asus P8Z68-V PRO @Rs.13500/-

Mouse:
IMO get a regular mouse, get Logitech MX Revolution later, best mouse for design work.

SoundSys:
Logitecg Z506@ 4000

Too much wrighting...do the rest by yourself. :zzzz:

OMG :shock: 7 posts till I'm typing :???:

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
Thnx a lot shayem :)
Wud hav love that..
It is crossing my budget
its 73k leaving d case and kb and mouse !!
Simple kb mouse rounds up to 75k and then d cabby ranging 3k to 6k
plus d vat !!
Spot dead.. Wnt do :((

Top Bottom