Need Multitasking rig at 75k

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
If 14.3k, then 6950 2gb is a wonderful choice. But if op wants physx as extra, then he can go with 560 hawk. Performance is more or less the same for both cards.

The radeon cards have a lower minimum frames compared to nvidia cards i.e the frame rates drop a bit more in minimal levels. There is no difference between a 560ti and 6950 at fullhd. They almost perform the same on average. The cfx performance and performance beyond 1920x1080 is 6950's usp.

not necessary:smile:
if you are talking of this -
Metro 2033 - MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk Video Card Review | [H]ard|OCP
6950 is ahead in 2 in min frames, 560ti in 2 and both equal in one.

i was previously talking of avg frames ;-)

settling with 6950 for nw
plz tell me about ma monitor query

Benq G2220HD - Bang for Buck
DELL ST2220L - nice monitor with LED, HDMI etc. check my siggy for review

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
I hav read ur reviews mate,
I m talking bout my query regarding d dimensions
1. D dimensions r with stand right ?
2. 410 mm or wateva specified in specs is d exact height or they ll need a lil more space ? Shud i take chance and go with them ?
my table is exactly 42 cm in height

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
I hav read ur reviews mate,
I m talking bout my query regarding d dimensions
1. D dimensions r with stand right ?
2. 410 mm or wateva specified in specs is d exact height or they ll need a lil more space ? Shud i take chance and go with them ?
my table is exactly 42 cm in height

BenQ India | Products - LCD MonitorsSeries - G Series - G2420HD
i think 41.2cm is with stand. because dimensions with wall mount (no stand) are lesser)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Once I go back to home, I can tell you exact specification of the Benq monitor. Wait till then.

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
Oh dat wud b gr8 skud, bottom (ground) to top most edge = hw many cm ?
waiting..

Jas cn u tell me d same for ur dell monitor ?

shayem

In the zone
the radeon 6950 is better choice.
Check out the review of hawk at hardocp. A stock 6950 beats a highly oced 560 (the hawk) in 3 of 5 games and almost all of them taxing.
And cfx of 6950 matches a 570 sli. While a 6870 cfx is close to 560ti sli.
The power consumption of 560 oced is sky high for offering similar performance to stock 6950.

techking_dinesh, Jas is right here. Only highly overclocked and custom Cooled models of GTX 560 can match the performance of HD 6950 but with a sky high power consumption.

Agree with power con. but I saw some reviews(user reviews too) say msi Hwak version outperform 6950 in some cases :confused:, but basically both are same IMO.

Forget Gaming ( if a lil difference )
but 3d modelling , animation and stuff ?? what will be better for my need ?? if 6970 then will it have a significant difference ??

Moreover i m a lil worried for the monitor coz my current computer table can accomodate only 17" monitor , i will get it modified to accomodate anything width wise , but height wise it can accomodate 41cm only :(

I saw d dimensions on Benq official website

Benq 2420 HD
.. Well i saw 2 dimensions

Well i guess CTN is cartoon (hope so) so the height will be 40.1 cm , i guess i am safe. Let me know if i am right
Plus is that height with Stand ??

Dell ST2420L .. ( Can i use this one ? Price ? )

(My table can take in 42cm in height , but i left 1cm to avoid friction.. Depth is not at all a problem coz i m currently using CRT and width i will modify my table )

Both the Monitors Suggested by Jas & shayem are same in features only the screen size is 24" & 21.5" and a price rise of 4k for the bigger one.. hmm Will need to give it a think

412.6x570x183.9 - It's with stand size so I hope it fits in your table :clap2:

settling with 6950 for nw
plz tell me about ma monitor query

One more reason to get nVidia card here except Physx & Cuda. ;-)

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
shayem, MSI Hawk is a highly overclocked 560 Ti and in any competetion, you cannot expect HD 6950 2 GB to win every benchmark. But if you consider overall performance, then HD 6950 is winner, but not in high margin, just by a little. But the power consumption of these Oced 560Tis are actually a concern.

And physX is ok but why to highlight CUDA every time when you guys mention nVdia card. AMD cards are also having Accelerated Parallel Processing or APP (previously known as ATI Stream) and all the major GPU accelerated software support it too. Examples are Photoshop, Cyberlink software, Windvd and powerdvd etc.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh dat wud b gr8 skud, bottom (ground) to top most edge = hw many cm ?
waiting..

Jas cn u tell me d same for ur dell monitor ?

Its 40.5cm, so I don't think you need to worry. And regarding graphics card at same price point I would recommend the 6950 as it will beat stock-clocked 560Ti hands down and the OCed 560Ti's power consumption is too high as stated by others and even then performance is comparable to 6950 except in nVIDIA optimized games like HAWX 2 etc.

Last edited:
OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
Great !!
i m too happy for the monitor doubt !!

My config is almost ready and i have almost 15 days to visit mumbai.. Hoping for Price Drops :p

Btw , Next 15 days , any major update , any price change , kindly let me knw..
Suggestions for my config are still open !!

Last edited:
OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
Well everyone seems to agree with the config given by jas, i might change mouse , kb and few small things as suggested by others..
so i guess its kinda done for nw.. Bt i m open to suggestions..
moreover i have 15 days to go.. Dere mite be ups and down !! ;)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@techking_dinesh: CM 690II is a better cabby than NZXT Guardian. Stick with it.

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
Let everyone suggest d small things like mouse , kb , cabby of their choice with justification..
i ll compare them with review js 2-3 days bfore and post my final config 2 days bfore ma purchase over here..
so i m still open to suggestions..
and thnx every1 ;)

Cilus

laborare est orare
For gaming, you can still work with a 400-600 keyboard from Microsoft, TVS or Logitech, it won't hurt your Gaming experience that much but Mouse...it is actually a must have thing for gaming.

For value for money, nothing beats Logitech MX 518 @ 1.3K. But it is just a decent gaming mouse, not more than that. If you wanna get serious then CM Spawn with free Mouse pad @ 2.2K is the best choice for you.

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
^ thnx Cilus .. I will consider both
More than gaming , I am a professional Designer, so not only a good mouse bt a good kb are very essential for me

I have 10-12 days to go , I will concentrate on the central ( main config ) first then see the budget left with me and then decide a mouse , kb , cabby accordingly.. coz i can change the mouse , kb after a month , bt its not possible to change anything frm the central config.. so i will be looking out for every budget mouse , kb ,cabby..

I hope for a price drop in the coming weeks ;)

Top Bottom