need info about anti depressents !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys... i am in a serious trouble ...i am very depressed these days nd dont want to live any more ....

If u were looking a post something like the above mentioned line, then i am sorry to crush ur hopes :D:p:)). Actually my friend is in serious tension(he thinks so...) nd was talking bout taking some pills for that. But i found it strange. I mean tensions are generated within our mind ... they are just like other thoughts that originate in our minds, So how can any tablet recognise which thought is tension, not any regular thought ??? Wat if the pill suppresses the good thoughts alongwith the problematic ones ?? So is using these medicines a safe practice ?? How they work ??? Nd wat bout the side effects ?? Should i stop my friend ???

Any inputs are welcome .......!!

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
I know someone landed in trouble...These pills have many side effects. Better stay away from it .But if he/she is in big depression and have no choice then you have you do that.

So the best medicine would be to be a shoulder to rely on . Be supportive and show patience to give an ear to what they have to say. Value their opinions.Give them the confidence that he/she can be back and come out of this trouble soon. If still the situation is grave attend a counselling session. Antidepressants should be the VERY LAST OPTION.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
well hormones can relax by stimulating the areas in brainz. Endorphin is one prime example.

One pill is prozac. But this will come with side effects in longer run. Best way is to relax, stretch and remove social tensions.

See the thread by one gamer in this forum whose dad gave the both kids these pills and a year or so later they were hallucinating things...umm

OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
@T159, yea dude .... i rem that thread . But i dont think my friend will take these in long run .... may be a few weeks maximum. But if there are serious aftereffects .. i will try to be of some help if i can. But u know todays generaton... some ppl get too emotional over the matter of relations and all ....

@windchimes : thnx bro for ur reply .... but i must say its a big issue (when someone's talking bout suicide and all that stuff, than these pills looks like the best option .. not the last. )

And Counselling is also a good idea ... i will try to find some in my area ...

and do u think one can get these medicines without any prescription ???

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
and do u think one can get these medicines without any prescription ???

Man... u got it all wrong there..Don't buy these without consulting someone.
As I said these have side effetcs. Only a doctor can help there..NEVER THINK ABOUT eating
antideps without consulting a doctor.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
But keep in moderation. I would suggest you to read on health/stress related forums to see their accurate dosage and any other query. Internet is great for such things. You will get first hand experiences of people in same situation there.

My pet was saved by lurking inside pet forums and googling abt the symptoms of illness when other doctors assumed it to be just another disease and gave some totally irrelevant secondary treatment. While in reality it were acute spasms.

Remember to follow the accurate dosage !!! Its a must.

OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
actually its a bit serious for him ... i talked to him and its a GIRL TROUBLE. I cant be of much anyhelp in this case. And as much as i have seen, he is really depressed..and i hope there is nuthing more than anti depressents in his mind. In his present state he looks completely devastated... even i found myself at loss for words (and i am really a good advisor) to console or motivate him.

Does these pills are so harmful ??? And whom to consult ??? Counsellor or Phsycatarist ?

^^
These pills sure are harmful. First consult a counsellor but if the problem,I mean depression still persists then the guy needs phychiatric help. The phsychiatrist is very likely to prescribe some drugs. These drugs are very harmful and it takes quite long to recover from side effects. Side effects may include hallucinations,nightmares,muscle cramps etc.
Ask your friend to do Yoga and talk to family members. Talking to family always helps. He should be more social.

Aaaah these girls!!! Ruined many like you friend :mad:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
My advice: You should visit some counseling forum + health/stress issues forum, post your query and see what other have to say.

In the meantime you can do some search over internet for anti-depressant drugs and their dosage schedule.

For momentary solution you can tell him to much some chocolates. It really helps to appease someone's mind.

Its really bad that a girl problem is causing all this, if I was like that then I would have died more than 3 times :p Tell him to visit this thread...if possible. Look how many care for him.

Talk to him tomorrow again and try your best. You have whole night to think about how to show him the reality that life is not just a longing for girl (or infatuation or love).

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
I was about to close my browser, but I saw this thread. Please, please, PLEASE..... don't suggest these pills to your friend if you don't have any idea what it does. Anti-depressants are prescription drugs and if your friend ODs(overdose) on that, he's DEAD! Read THIS Generally, people in India don't like to go to the shrink because they think it's only for mad people or something like that. If you can, please take him to a psychiatrist or a counselor. They know what's best. Which city do you live in? Do they have a suicide hotline? If so, ask him to speak to the people on the other end. They are very patient and have dealt with these 'girl problems' :-/ I don't know why guys can be so emo about girls.

Even if he tends to act mad, please be patient, even if you are the only guy around. Stick with him till he gets out of this phase. Just make sure he doesn't try anything stupid. It's really not worth losing a life for a girl :-/

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, I'll also advise to stay away from these pills. If you get addicted, then I don't know what will happen. Plus, the side-effects. :|

Best way is - you all friends should make him cheer by any means. Cracking jokes whenever you meet him etc. He'll tke time to recover, but he will surely recover.

OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
thanx for all the help guys ...... actually he is quite stubborn. and its not that he is always suicidal ! he has a very cool mind (at least abhi tak to tha) but he is really serious about this girl. He is just not able to withstand the current scenerio but he will not do anything stupid as much as i know him. In fact he is a jolly natured guy and he is still acting like one in front of others. but i am his only close friend so i know the reality. He wants to get over it but dsnt want to try hard or wait for it. So he thinks that these pills are a quickfire (and easy) solution.

And about the girl .... since the last 3 years (thts the time he had with that girl) the only thing wat mattered for him was this girl. He is crazy for her. I havent seen such stupidity before .... we tried to make him understand that dont give someone this much importance in ur life... but no use. He never saw it coming (never did any of us who knew bout them, they were a happy couple). He feels rejected, shattered, guilty, angry at the same time.. I told him to be strong. He agreed, but we have to see if he can act upon the advice.

Hope everything becomes all right soon.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
@harry mujhe yeh story tere friend ki nahi teri lagti hai.:confused:Aur tum log bhi yaar yeh sab apne knowledge ke liye pooch raha hai yeh kuch ulta seedha karne ki toh nahi soch raha?:mad:

OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
kyun pange le raha hai bhai .... abhi mazaak ka time nahi hai yaar...

kyun pange le raha hai bhai .... abhi mazaak ka time nahi hai yaar...

Last edited:

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
hey, dude i have witnessed first hand the use of anti-depressants by some one i know, and believe me its not something u can simply buy over the counter like "menthos"....
u first need to take other alternatives...
drugs are the last option....that too only when advised by a qualified psychiatrist, in the exact recommended dosage.

and its use is not short term, but long term...like 2-3 yrs to a decade.....
it has many, many side effects... so u cant start and stop when ever u like.... ur body requires time to adjust to the chemicals, cause these chemicals work on the functioning of the brain...

sometimes, ur body cannot make do without it, once u have started it, so beware!!!

its use is definitely life altering, and should be a last resort, and used only under medical supervision.

i suggest, getting a 2Mbps NU internet connection + RS premium account to get over depression. Definite quick effect!!!

and take it easy with the girls. think of them as Graphic Cards (no offense to girls, its just a defensive mechanism against heartbreak), if ur current one dies (ie dumps u), simply upgrade to the next one!!! Nvidia (ie life) will give you a lot of options (ie chances)!!!:D

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Best anti-depressant?

Join the Art of Living Basic course.

Duration: seven days

Price here in Mangalore Rs. 600/- only. Price varies between cities.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
sometimes, ur body cannot make do without it, once u have started it, so beware!!!

Ya its so true.The worse thing with Anti-depressants is its very addictive.
Drugs like Hydrocodone though very effective are very addictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom