Need help with hatchback choice

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
The Hindu : Cities / Mangalore : Police launch drive against tinted glasses in vehicles

hope u r aware of the new rule on tinted windows

yeah i am aware of the rule banning sunfilms but i have asked few guys & they said it can be tinted to RTO's limits...it won't be totally blackened..just enough for the cops to see inside...

can anyone tell me about spare parts cost of honda jazz??Is it really more than toyota?Also Honda is not marketing jazz at all..i mean even the monsoon benefits exclude honda..why is that?Do they plan on stopping production in the coming years?What will happen to spare parts then?Is jazz version incurring losses for honda???

so yest evening i was called to see a honda jazz interiors as i requested but no TD...the sales guy was good,answered a lot of queries...am very impressed with the rear leg room it offers,i think its a tad bit more than even the i20...I hope the AC is more effective than the i20,i couldn't get to test it but hoping you guys would know...apparently the problem still persists with the thailand plant due to floods & honda is releasing jazz in batches...the reason y there is less marketing now is because of the availability of jazz & not because its discontinuing...so that was a relief...Also i read in some forums that you should opt for michelin tyres, should i insist on one since i am already paying so much?
The sales guy is ready to give under rust coating,teflon coating & tinted class as free...should i go for teflon coating...i was reading on team bhp & they are against teflon coatings on cars?Any reason to that...

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Didn't drive it, nor used ac as it was not hot
But it felt good, leg room good, upholstery good, ride good, power good. :p

A 5 min ride can't tell you a lot

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
ok does anyone know what accessories i should put in??He is offering teflon coating but teambhp forum is against it..any idea y??What else do i need?

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Just one point, sat in a polo today , jazz's ride is harsher than polo, nothing against jazz, you should still buy it

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Just one point, sat in a polo today , jazz's ride is harsher than polo, nothing against jazz, you should still buy it

How much harsher is it comparing to the jazz??This car is mainly for my parents & i don't really want them to be uncomfortable with the ride quality..is it noticeable?I did consider polo as an option but got turned off when i realised its a 3 cylinder engine & its rear legspace wasn't so impressive..i seriously hope the jazz ride is good...god am worried now...

ok does anyone know what accessories i should put in??He is offering teflon coating but teambhp forum is against it..any idea y??What else do i need?

Meanwhile can anyone help me with this?

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Ok. I am gonna ask you few questions:

What do you want? Power or features? Or good resale value? You can't get everything.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Ok. I am gonna ask you few questions:

What do you want? Power or features? Or good resale value? You can't get everything.

erm i have already decided on jazz...its just i needed help in terms of what accessories to get...I heard honda jazz has poor resale value...hoping this is wrong...i needed a car with good comfort value since i am choosing the car for my parents,so comfort is an absolute necessity..good legspace & refined engine is another...

Any idea about waiting period for Jazz?
It is very very long @ kolkata.

there is still some plant problems at thailand & production has taken a hit...in mumbai it was 6 months but since they have excess supply now,they told me i can get one in a week..but if i order next week,will have to wait for few more months

Ride is not bad man, just that polo is better
Don't worry, jazz is one refined car

Thanks...

Help pls...

iinfi

mekalodu
ur thinking too much man .. if ur getting the latest model (2012) of ur the car u v chosen already go ahead and book it ... some accessories can be fit later also.... i dont think there is any harm in getting a teflon coating done for the car ..even a new one ... wonder y some people think otherwise. ask them!
i m sure u v posted in 5 other forums too ... :)
no problem in taking suggestions, but when u start thinking too much u end up waiting for the nxt model to come in....
go get it ... all the best ... :)

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
ur thinking too much man .. if ur getting the latest model (2012) of ur the car u v chosen already go ahead and book it ... some accessories can be fit later also.... i dont think there is any harm in getting a teflon coating done for the car ..even a new one ... wonder y some people think otherwise. ask them!
i m sure u v posted in 5 other forums too ... :)
no problem in taking suggestions, but when u start thinking too much u end up waiting for the nxt model to come in....
go get it ... all the best ... :)

Lol..yeah i agree..been thinking too much because this is a car i am deciding for my parents,its also our first car & a good amount of money is going in it...so was being a bit paranoid..the Sales guy was offering me few free accessories..so wanted your opinion on it...was looking through team bhp,they have a thread specifically asking you not to go for teflon coating...so was wondering y...i am going for the top end model, the jazz XMT..

Believe me...This is the only forum i have posted this query,No kidding..it was this forum which convinced me to go for honda jazz than I20..Been trying to register at team bhp but rejected twice already...so i was hoping people could help me here...

The sales guy was offering me free teflon coating,anti rust coating & RTO approved tinted windows...but few of my friends were telling me to buy floor mats etc..so was getting too confused...also plan on adding parking sensors later...

i know i have stretched this thread far too long but i wanted to buy the right car..so my apologies if this whole thing is getting a bit annoying...i just didn't want to end up regretting my decision..Sry again...

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
Ask the sales guy, he will only provide you some floor mats for free.
You can buy good ones later on.
And try to get as many free accessories you can.
And also try to bargain in the price.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Ask the sales guy, he will only provide you some floor mats for free.
You can buy good ones later on.
And try to get as many free accessories you can.
And also try to bargain in the price.

just spoke to the sales guy,he agreed for the free mats,anti rust coatings and Tinted windows as per RTO norms...am booking the jazz tomorrow...will try to bargain with respect to price..

Thanks a lot...

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
And also bargain for free accessories.

like what?That was something i have been asking..i have no idea what accessories i should be bargaining...he is giving me free coating,tinted windows etc like i mentioned above...anything else...????!!!

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Go for jazz,or else you can also have a look at brio.Though small,due to its fantastic space management,its also quite accomodating.But still,Jazz is the best petrol hatch on sale today.Try considering its base variant,as you get all safety equipments,and then accessorizing it according to your tAste.

aroraanant

Explorer
The accessories which he is giving costs nothing.A
Ask for seat covers, car cover.Ask for parking sensors also but that would be difficult I guess.But do get a car cover, may be you have to fight for it .
And obviously he will give you mud flaps too as they costs very less, but do ask for them if he is giving you that or not.

But one thing I would like to ask you, why are you not going for a diesel car, these petrol costs a lot and in some time the price will increase more.
On the other side diesel cars give better mileage also.

Top Bottom